Datte, we know you're in a tough spot bud, just as you know we're always here for you. This thread isn't even a prime example but there have been a few in the past, the most notable occasion was in the shoutbox when you mentioned looking at steaks and then having to eat cereal and water. It's those that rub people up the wrong way.

People see this as using your position as attention seeking, regardless of your intentions. As I'm sure you're aware, once people start getting frustrated with other people, they are much more cynical to what said person does or says, and it appears that's what's happening here.

You might have good intentions, just having a laugh and chatting about things, but some people might perceive it as otherwise.

Think of it like this: your granddad served in the war and is one of those people who won't keep quiet about it. All his sentences start with "when I was in the war...". You can see how that'd get annoying, right? And eventually it gets to the point where every time he starts speaking, you're thinking "what now old man? ".

It's not just that. The same can be said for anything: hobbies, new parents, religion, etc etc.

I've also noticed that you mention your situation a lot. Don't get me wrong, I'm always here if you need s chat, as are Tommy and Chris, but we're well aware of it - there's no need to bring it up all the time.

Try keep an eye on that dude, it's nothing big, just a part of learning how to deal with other people as you grow up. Of course people could jump all over you, but at the end of the day we're all family here and if you can't rely on us to point you in the right direction every now and then, then you may end up on the wrong side of people who could actually positively affect your life at some point.

And don't get angry with Tommy or Chris, as I said we're all family here and a family that never has disputes is dysfunctional.

I would like to ask the other participants in this little dispute to please take a moment to think about a way to discuss these things better without it turning into a silly dispute as it has now.

Datte - keep that in mind bud. If there's anything you need to talk about, we're here, but review your posts before hitting submit.

Everyone else - see above.

Now if you can all shake hands and be friends again, that'd be great.

Cheers.

banlol.png

I've had a lot of dogs over the years, but no pets right now.  My wife isn't keen on animals in the house (which is fair, because she knows who'd end up cleaning up after said animal) and I don't have the time to be fair to an outside animal.  We also travel overnight so often that we'd leave the animal alone too much to be fair to it.

My first pet was a pit bull named "Georgie" who was bat shit crazy.  My granddad bought her, I named her "George" before he told me she was a girl.  One of my granddad's friends was named George, thought my granddad named the dog after him to be funny, so he also bought a dog and named him "Walter".  Anyway, Georgie was, as mentioned, bat shit crazy and started tearing everything up.  My granddad took her back to the breeder and traded her in, saying he'd give her back for one of her puppies from her first litter.  After an appropriate amount of time we got a puppy named "Wolf."

Wolf was also a pure bread pit bull, but was sweet as pie.  I used to amuse myself my throwing a single piece of dog food along the kitchen floor, he'd skid after and eat it, then come back to me and we'd repeat.  He never tried to take the container out of my hand and always waited for me to throw one.  His only misbehavior was getting in the trash.  Finally my grandmother picked him up and dropped him in the trash can and left him there for about half an hour.  He never bothered the trash again.

With my other grandparents I had a mixed beagle named "Sally".  She was a great rabbit dog for one rabbit.  She loved to track but was gun shy, and at the first shot she was running home.  Sally was the eternal optimist, though, she'd always go with you again.  You could almost see her thinking "Gosh, this is fun.  I sure hope that loud noise doesn't ruin it all for me again this time."  She honestly never seemed to connect the noise to us or the guns.  She'd sit right next to you on the porch while you oiled the gun once you got back home.

When I left the military and moved back to the country I got another beagle mixed and named her "Flash."  Flash was a city dog, apparently, and was overly friendly but not overly understanding of the country.  She didn't want to stay home and I didn't want to tie her up, and she wandered a lot.  I figured she'd get into the neighbor's chickens or something and have a bad ending, but she tried to make friends with a water moccasin (poisonous snake) and it didn't end well for her.  She was my last dog, as shortly after that I started prepping to go overseas.

My last pet, actually my wife's, was a little turtle we bought.  She named him "Dido (Dee-Doh)" and we left him with her youngest sister via a mutual friend when we left the country.

I've got two cats right now...after a while of having dogs, we moved into an apartment that is a little bit small for dogs.

Their Missy and Prim, complete opposite types of cats lol, missy runs around like a goofball all day, and prim just goes full on couch potato mode and sits in one spot all day.

I'd rather have a good dog, but having cats is better than nothing so I'm happy.

I really want a cat but I'm allergic so I don't really see it as a possibility. :(

I was deathly allergic to cats, to the point I've had to leave people's houses because I couldn't breathe. When I met my  wife-to-be, she came with a cat and at first it was awful, but after years of living with the cat, my allergy has completely disappeared. I can pick her up and bury my face in her fur without a problem.

Even if you weren't to be as lucky as I was, there are allergy injections and such that could make having a cat a possibility. Might be worth considering, as I think having pets is extraordinarily rewarding.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I have pretty bad allergies to most pets/, but I also have two cats, and grew up around dogs.

Just keep them bathed and vacuum at least once a week and you shoud be good.

I will post pics of my cats here soon though, need to get them off my phone first.

Also, I take two allergy pills to catch what cleaning doesn't.

It sucks, but I couldn't imagine not having a pet(s) in the house.

Once we get a fence around our house, I plan on getting a Corgi or collie or maybe a Dobe. Not sure.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I've almost always had a least 1 dog. The only time I did not was between 1996-2004 when the kids were born. Dogs can be a bit dirty and having babies on the floor with a dog didn't seem like a good Idea to me

My first dog was a male Collie named lad. We had him when I was 8 months old, until I was about 5. He was given to us by one of my dad's friends because that friend had to go away and could not have a dog. He was simply brilliant and extremely protective. He passed away at the age of 15.

My second dog was a female Shih Tzu. I had her at 6 Until I was 20. She was an absolutely fantastic loving family pet. She use to sleep under my bed and constantly play we me an my friends. She and I would walk for hours in the fields behind my house. I use to love playing fetch with her. My dad pick her out because she was so pretty. 

Our third dog was a  Lhasa Apso. We had him from the age of 20- to 26. He followed my brother home. He was flea infested and had been abandoned. We cleaned him up and found his owner. They couldn't way to get rid of him so we kept him. He was problematic because he had not been trained properly. We spent about 4 months training him and he became a great dog. He was real loving and playful.

At 27 I met my wife and we shortly ended up getting her parents dog. It was a mutt but she was a wonderful dog. My wife's brother had given his parents the dog but it became too much effort since they are a bit old. She was extremely smart and very protective of my wife. She was the most expressive we ever owned. When I proposed to my wife it was while walking that dog. I'll never forget that Marbles also tough it was an appropriate time to take a dump :). She passed away when I was 31. 

Now we have Lilly a pure bred shetland sheepdog (my dog) and a border Collie (the families dog). I say my dog because Lilly could not careless about any one else in the house. I feed, water, walk and play with those dogs. She knows where her meals are coming from. Both dogs a probably as smart as a 3-4 year old. I've trained them to do tons of fun things. They know how to play tag, Hide and seek, herd the kids, fetch, chase pests. I work from the house a lot. Lilly is always by my side in her basket. Flash (the male Border Collie) is usually in the basement until he hears me go for the food or leash. I'd estimate that they can understand at least 300 words. I'll see if can post a picture.

Funny store. Lilly is a tri-color Sheltie (black and white with some brown). We were at a park one day and she was playing, She's about a 18 lbs dog. Along comes this aggressive dog that starts chasing Lilly. Now flash is also black and white except he's a 45 pound dog. Lilly came around a bush were flash was standing and that dog ran face to face with him. I could see the shock on his face that said "holly shit you just got a whole lot bigger close up) and then Flash showed him that its best to leave his playmate alone. Both dogs look very similar.

Another Lilly was chasing a wild rabbit in our yard (I don't let Flash do it because he would probably kill it) and she catches it by putting both paws on it. "Ok tag your it, it's your turn to catch me". She was rather disappointed when the rabbit did not take pursue :)

When I read this

I pictured this:

vacuum-cat.jpg

That has bene one of my fav internet pics for a while now.

LMAO

that curly tongue is just hysterical

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I've always owned dogs and cats at the same time.

In my experience, its never the dogs that are the problem, unless you ahve a serious alpha male dog in your house, and by that I mean a hardcore killer that regularly brings you squirrels or deer haunches (I had an Akita/ Chow mix that did this, Ape was his name, and he was AWESOME! Most brutal dog you would ever meet, but once you were in his "pack" everything was perfect).

Most dogs settle down pretty fast around cats, and just like to play with them. Kittens and dogs are loads of fun to watch.

Now if you had cats first, and then intro'd the dog, you would have issues. Cats get dumb, and I have had several cats get their asses whooped because they would attack the dogs.

Even then, it only takes one time for the dog to bark, growl, chase, and then the cat generally decides to not push his luck anymore.

/YMMV

I've had the same cat for like 13 years now! Her father was a wild cat, so she was always going to be tough, but she's also insanely nice as well.. which is strange. She'll run up to random people and meow at them, hoping that they'll pet her, but then she'll run up to other people who are just walking their dog and pick fights. 

She's an angel around humans, but around other animals she will try to kill everything that breathes. 

Her name is Star!

BLclWGR.jpg

I really want a cat but I'm allergic so I don't really see it as a possibility. :(

That is no excuse. Get a cat, death is a small price to pay.

Fun fact: When a male honey bee climaxes during sex, his testicles explode and he dies.

^haha death a small price to pay!

At the moment were trying to teach our cats how to use the new cat flap, the female seems to have just about got it but the males just sit looking through it till one of us holds it open.

Bonus pictures!

JnrgCoH.jpg

qUP4m6E.jpg

MrgHlr3.jpg

qE7Y0lz.jpg 

John, your cat is beautiful.

Yes she is!

^haha death a small price to pay!
At the moment were trying to teach our cats how to use the new cat flap, the female seems to have just about got it but the males just sit looking through it till one of us holds it open.

He'll adapt! My cat knows how to push open doors to get into other rooms. There's alot of vidoes of cats actually using handles aswell, so a cat flap should be easy for them.

Frace give me your cat pls.

No

Fun fact: When a male honey bee climaxes during sex, his testicles explode and he dies.

could someone please explain how to upload photos please, i am having difficulty.

register on a host website like photobucket, and then you can link them from there

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Just asking on my tablet I have to use a bbc code. It doesn't do it automatically for me. On lap top use the direct link,copy link. Hit the more reply options. Click on image tab then just paste the link