FG coding club!

Diddums

So I've looked in to the 2 vs 3 debate and the only thing that I think would really be of any significance to me is the fact that 3 isn't compatible with Win XP and earlier. 

I'm going to go for 3 because I suspect that 2 is probably on the decline and will fizzle out eventually.

banlol.png

Quick bit of feedback, the second book I linked above is astonishingly good. It explains things very well and you make games to learn which I think we can all agree is fun, what with "gaming" being half of this community's name.

Here's the link again. I encourage you guys to have a read through the first few pages, even if you're not interested in this at all, as it might just open a door for you. 

banlol.png

Yeah Dave you can use github like that, perfect for sharing coding. The one thing about coding is that someone has probably already done it and shared it online. You'll probably be able to find what you want online or something that you can at least adapt to your own script. The problem with having a group thing like this is that not everyone codes in the same way, so you might run into some conflicts but we're all good mates so shouldn't be a problem. I'd love to take part in this but really not sure how much time i'll have over the next few months.

Also i'd use 2.7 to start with and move to 3 when you're more familiar, mainly for reasons already stated in this thread.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/man-accidentally-deletes-his-entire-company-with-one-line-of-bad-code-a6984256.html

This is why you take your time when deploying code, set up test environments, and have others look at what you have done to vet it out

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/man-accidentally-deletes-his-entire-company-with-one-line-of-bad-code-a6984256.html

This is why you take your time when deploying code, set up test environments, and have others look at what you have done to vet it out

That is failure on so many levels.

Who tests code on their servers?

Who has backups for their stuff on the same server

What enterprise has backup in the same fucking building has their servers? If if there is a fire or theft?

This is just a guy who was out of his league trying to make a business.

oh man, I could tell you some amazing stories of companies I have worked both for and with over the years

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

BOOM!

glitter-confetti.gif

Fuckin' five years baby! That's gotta be a record shirley? 

I found this video which is really good. It walks you through a fairly simple project from start to finish and you have an actual working project at the end, so it's pretty motivational too.

@GazzaGarratt @Dr Diamond  @BO7H B4RRELS

banlol.png

On 10/2/2021 at 5:49 PM, Diddums said:

BOOM!

glitter-confetti.gif

Fuckin' five years baby! That's gotta be a record shirley? 

I found this video which is really good. It walks you through a fairly simple project from start to finish and you have an actual working project at the end, so it's pretty motivational too.

@GazzaGarratt @Dr Diamond  @BO7H B4RRELS

Great find Didds, it's been on my list to do / radar for some time now so I need to try and see when i can fit some of this into my weekly routine. Would love to understand more basic coding stuff to start with.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Great find Didds, it's been on my list to do / radar for some time now so I need to try and see when i can fit some of this into my weekly routine. Would love to understand more basic coding stuff to start with.

banlol.png