Clash Royale

This game was recently released by supercell and features realtime multiplayer battles using Clash of Clans and new characters.

I have been playing it for a couple of days now and it is quite fun.

Here is a clip of some gameplay from a tournament supercell ran...

My only gripe with this game is the way to upgrade your army composition is to unlock chests. You can only hold a max of 4 chests at a time but silver chests take 3h to open and gold 8h.

This creates problems because you don't get rewarded with anything else when you attack besides trophies. I think this is an easy fix though - just reduce the time it takes for chests to open.

UNFORTUNATELY it is only currently available in Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland and New Zealand on the iOS.

They are using this as a soft launch/beta to see how the game goes but plan to release to more countries soon.

I think this is definitely a mobile game to keep your eye out for. Especially since the latest Clash of Clans update really messed up some crucial aspects.

Also here is the link to their website with more information: www.clashroyale.com

Kia Ora. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look forward to this in the uk, I'll give it a go.

I'm semi retired from clash of clans now... Maxed TH9 and I'm pretty bored...

I'm a bit like that...got a bit miffed when they upped some troop upgrade levels a couple of weeks after I maxed them all out :(

Ever wish you could completely start again?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I thought about it, but I don't like the lack of troops and strategies at low levels...

But I did like the fact there's always something to be working for that isn't that far away...

I mean th9 upgrades average around 6mil, that's alot of raiding and wars...

I think I'm just going to click my collectors for a while and try again in a month or so see if I enjoy it again...

blackops2sig.jpg

I've been playing for a few days so thought it would be good to give my thoughts on the game so far.

PROS:

It's a fresh and interesting take on clash of clans. Especially since I've heard a lot of people starting to be burnt out for Clash.

The progression system reduces the grind that was in CoC. New sets of cards are unlocked as you progress in trophies/arenas. This keeps the game fresh as you progress as you can try new strategies.

Friendly battles! You can challenge people in your clan to a match. I always wanted this feature in CoC so glad to see it in this game.

Large variety of troops/cards. The troops are quite unique to one another and all have their own pros and cons. It allows for a pretty diverse variety of strategies.

CONS:

The current system of the game is you have four chest slots. For each successful win you get a specific tier of chest - the average is silver and takes 3h to open while gold takes 8h to open. You get gold, XP, gem and cards from opening these. The problem is that when your chests slots are full there is nothing to attack for besides trophies. Perhaps if they allowed you to get gold from attacks it would create more motivation to attack when slots are full.

Following on from the previous point it is hard to earn gold. If we could earn a little bit of gold from battles it would help cards from the store.

Card balance. Currently some cards are overpowered while others are underpowered. They have already done a hotfix to balance troops so I assume they'll continue to do so though.

Map Variety. Currently there are multiple 'arenas' but each have the same layout - just different aesthetics. I think there would be a lot of potential in creating battle arenas with different layouts.

That's pretty much it so far. There is a lot of potential in this game. I think it'll be awesome having tournaments within the clan.

On a side note; is everyone okay with me creating a clan with the name Forever Gaming? There will be some people from my clan on Clash but they are all good people.

Kia Ora. 

....I have been playing it on and off since I've gotten it and it some good fun for a mobile game.

For this read "I've been hitting six and seven figure numbers in attacks already and want a high score table started"  ;)  :P  :lol:  :lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I've made a clan; "Forever•Gaming"

Apparently verga is a swear word so couldn't but a space between [emoji23]

But if you search up "forever gaming" it should be the first clan that pops up. You have to be level 3 before you can join a clan though.

Kia Ora.