Last movie you watched

Drifter

8 minutes ago, pedjoni said:

I watched "The Road" with Viggo Mortensen.

Very disturbing movie, because it's one of the realistic "end-of-the-world" scenario.

Very somber and depressing, saw it years ago. Scenes with cannibals are horrific, but great acting by him and good film overall but not one you’d watch often

cba

Recently watch a british movie on Prime called Hippopotomus. It's about a girl that gets kidnapped and her kidnapper is trying to get her to fall in love with her. Over time she starts to remember things, has she been here before? Over the course of the film we learn more about the relationship between the girl and her captor, and it ends with the audience having to decide who they think the kidnapper is after seeing all the evidence throughout the film. It started off a bit slow but got more interesting as the film progressed and I was trying to figure out what was happening, and the big revelation in 2nd half of the film and the ending both made it a really worth while watch.

I watched One Hour Photo last night with Robin Williams. Really interesting and unsettling watch at times and a fine performance from Williams portraying a weird loner that works at a photo counter who becomes obsessed with a family he develops pictures for. 

On 8/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I watched One Hour Photo last night with Robin Williams. Really interesting and unsettling watch at times and a fine performance from Williams portraying a weird loner that works at a photo counter who becomes obsessed with a family he develops pictures for. 

I've seen it, your right he really plays the part. I'm more used to his more comedic roles and he is a total weirdo. 

There is a bit when he is in the families house and sitting on their sofa and trying on one of their jumpers. The family are making their way up the driveway and opening the door and he is just THERE! 

Then he wakes up and it's a dream. 

I literally laughed hard at that bit. 

Been a few years since I watched it and only watched it once (Probably wouldn't again). But damn he is a creepy mofo in it. I did enjoy it because it's so different. 

Watched one shot a sky original movie last night and actually it was better than I expected. It stars Scott Adkins and like a previous film of his I enjoyed Avengment it's plenty violent. The last sequence especially. Also for an action film it's good to see people using semi auto fire etc instead of just laying on triggers with never ending magazines.  There's also a part where he has to be stealthy and instead of the usual suppressed pistol it's all knife kills. It's not too long and not long on plot either but the action starts straight away and doesn't stop.

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Watched The Hunt for the Read October last night. Classic film with a very strong cast. Some excellent external scenes for 1990 also. 

Love that film.

This past week I watched the gray man and Lou both definitely worth a watch especially if youre into seeing an old woman kick ass. 👍

19 hours ago, Laidback Lankyman said:

Watched a really good sci-fi comedy yesterday about hunting spectres that I would thoroughly recommend

7E88D755-D369-4391-BB4D-543AEC641B60.jpeg

Watching the new one not long ago, was such a great film and nod to these two films. Very well made and a great ending for anyone that loved the originals.

Finally watched all quiet on the Western front. German dubbed English but we'll dubbed to the point of I barely noticed. Not too much dialogue to be fair but the way it was shot built up the horror or the suspense. It really showed the massive waste of human life in ww1 and the futility of it all but also the sheer bravery in the face of certain death. Long film but I was hooked from start to finish. The look on the main characters face after those final orders said it all.

16 hours ago, techno said:

Finally watched all quiet on the Western front. German dubbed English but we'll dubbed to the point of I barely noticed. Not too much dialogue to be fair but the way it was shot built up the horror or the suspense. It really showed the massive waste of human life in ww1 and the futility of it all but also the sheer bravery in the face of certain death. Long film but I was hooked from start to finish. The look on the main characters face after those final orders said it all.

Great review, definitely want to see this now!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/28/2022 at 8:30 PM, Laidback Lankyman said:

Watched a really good sci-fi comedy yesterday about hunting spectres that I would thoroughly recommend

7E88D755-D369-4391-BB4D-543AEC641B60.jpeg

I might have to check it out. I like obscure films that nobody knows about.

fart.gif

I actually bought some dvds recently.

Uncharted - Actually really enjoyed the film and the chemistry between Wahlberg and Holland. Stuck pretty much to the format and style of the games even down to an auction heist, and with the cast it gives them plenty of opportunity to do more films. 

The Batman - was never really sure if I would like this as it’ll be the 3rd Batman in 10 years, but enjoyed the take of a grungy, brooding detective without all the military grade gadgets. Another positive for me was the fact they didn’t go straight to another joker too but instead to a more diabolical Riddler character, whilst introducing others like cat woman, penguin and lt. Gordon. Fingers crossed they last longer than Affleck’s run as the dark knight.

Top Gun: Maverick - Great film and cast. 

I watched Tinker Taiilor Solider Spy last night for the first time. I remember this being advertised extensively just over a decade ago but I just never got round to seeing it. Interesting Cold War espionage film with a very strong and recongisable cast. Pacing and tone was a bit wayward at times but it looked fantastic and was a good watch indeed.

Can't believe Kathy Burke went from this to this🤣

MV5BZmI5MzkyNzktMDc0NC00NDE4LWFkMzYtNjU0MV5BMTQ5NjQ5NjQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg0

Die Hard 1

Die Hard 2

Died Hard with a Vengeance

Die Hard 4.0

Cos it was Christmas 😄 Only second time i've watched 4.0 and held up pretty well. All the films are such a good and easy watch for everyone.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Die Hard 1

Die Hard 2

Died Hard with a Vengeance

Die Hard 4.0

Cos it was Christmas 😄 Only second time i've watched 4.0 and held up pretty well. All the films are such a good and easy watch for everyone.

Whatever you do, do not watch A Good Day To Die Hard. It's absolutely horrendous! It's Independence Day 2/Home Alone 3 quality of garbage

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Whatever you do, do not watch A Good Day To Die Hard. It's absolutely horrendous! It's Independence Day 2/Home Alone 3 quality of garbage

I'll second that, I really enjoy the first 4 films but that last one complete garbage cash cow.

I'm actually running through the men in black trilogy 🤷

I watched No Time To Die Last Night for the first time. Satisfactory conclusion to the Daniel Craig James Bond story arc in what has become a very messed up timeline. The film itself was very wayward in tone - the opening 10 minutes resembled some sort of Twin Peaks drama and then it delved into a very lighthearted style similar to Mission Impossible before its Die Another Day-style outrageous finale before its tragic ending. The film just shifted tonally too much for my liking and it all became a bit of a mess. The main villain was quite OTT and very under-used and I can't decide if the scientist was a terrible actor or just a poorly written character. Ana De Armas's was fantastic but she only got about 10 minutes and the villain with quite possibly the worst fade haircut ever didn't really convince as an actor or character either. I did think some of the action scenes were good but the film tried too hard to be part-successor to On Her Majesty's Secret Service and at the same time go out with a bang.  It was just all a bit too weird and I think a completely fresh perspective is needed for the future of James Bond and now would be a good time to do a full character wipe of the existing actors and start afresh.