Last movie you watched

Drifter

3 hours ago, slamminbones said:

This film was like pulling a women that looks like mila kunis when you're on the piss then taking her back to your place she only does missionary position and lays there like a sack of spuds she won't let you fuck her with the lights on then you wake up in the morning and she looks like Susan Boyle.

Patrick Wilson in my eyes carried the film but he's better suited to horror films.

I only ever saw the first trailer which didn't give away anything about this film but the ending completely threw me off.

Moonfall-603240014-large.jpg

Someone should hire you as a Marketing guru, as a film I had no intention of watching is now on the radar just out of sheer curiosity 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Finally watched No time to die, thought as it was on Amazon I'd sit through it, wish I hadn't bothered.

The Daniel Craig era to me has been awful but this was one film too far, not only a bad Daniel Craig film a bad  film fullstop, one of the worst ever. The film is way too long, nothing much happens and Freddie Mercury is possibly the worst bond baddie of all time. Thank fuck they killed bond, if things don't improve moving forward then they may as well let the franchise die than churn out shit like this.

1 hour ago, techno said:

Finally watched No time to die, thought as it was on Amazon I'd sit through it, wish I hadn't bothered.

The Daniel Craig era to me has been awful but this was one film too far, not only a bad Daniel Craig film a bad  film fullstop, one of the worst ever. The film is way too long, nothing much happens and Freddie Mercury is possibly the worst bond baddie of all time. Thank fuck they killed bond, if things don't improve moving forward then they may as well let the franchise die than churn out shit like this.

you liked it then?

cba

I've no idea what possessed me to watch a Michael Bay film, perhaps a bit of hope and a trailer that made it look pretty decent and it's got Jake Gyllenhaal in it. What I got in return was a set of action pieces which were clearly made beforehand and then the rest of the film scribbled around them to try and make it work. The camera tricks were absolutely fucking pathetic and seemed like more of a look-what-we-can-do thing than a let's-make-a-good-film thing, it had scenes in it which went beyond making no sense and full speed in to intelligence insulting territory, many of which were completely and utterly pointless and served zero purpose for the story, the characters or anything. There are little camera angles throughout the 30 minutes we lasted that were clearly trying to create drama but just fell flat on their arse, the characters may as well have been cardboard cutouts and whilst I appreciate a good car as much as the next guy, not every single character in the film needs to drive a GTR or a Mustang or a classic Bronco. I have to hand it to him, if he wanted to create quite possibly one of the worst films ever, he's achieved that with alarming success. It's so shit that even a 0/10 wouldn't do it justice. It actually irritated me, that's how stupid it must think its viewers are.

On the other hand we watched Moonfall. On paper a ridiculous premise, in practice it was actually quite good, but ho-lee-fuck do they drag it out. The film could've been half the length and been great, but they dragged it on and on and on so that when we got to the they-all-live-happily-ever-after phase of the film, I just turned it off for fear of having to watch another 30 minutes of it. Such a shame as it had some serious potential early on. Still, it didn't treat us like idiots and that alone scores it a 6/10.

banlol.png

Fuck me that film irritated me so much that I'm still thinking about it. Naturally I need to confirm my opinion by finding other people with similar opinions, which are all on IMDB. 

I thought I'd give twitter a go, and it's full of praise for the film confirming even more that Twitter is full of people who probably shouldn't be allowed shoelaces. 

banlol.png

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Fuck me that film irritated me so much that I'm still thinking about it. Naturally I need to confirm my opinion by finding other people with similar opinions, which are all on IMDB. 

I thought I'd give twitter a go, and it's full of praise for the film confirming even more that Twitter is full of people who probably shouldn't be allowed shoelaces. 

The film was so shit you didn't name it, a quick Google comes up with ambulance?

Oh and as for twitter, comment is fair 👍

Chronically 2067.

Really decent watch mostly through out some of the acting in some parts was sketchy.

What bugs me though with films like this with time travel is massive plot holes which then I suffer for days in a state where I'm asking my self wtf were they thinking with the story and didn't they think nobody would notice the mistakes which there are a few.

Battle for Britain.

This is if not my favourite war film mainly due to how accurate the story was to real life events and pretty much still holds up in today's standards of war films.

20220504_204730.thumb.jpg.e199764e28e5a663f77425a30622ad50.jpg

images.jpeg

slamminbones.png

I don't often go to the cinema but I'm glad I did today because top gun maverick was excellent imo, the wife even cried 🤣 

So few sequels live upto their originals let alone surpass them but from the moment Harald Faltermeyers dangerzone started this certainly can be added to the list. I also like how because it's been so long coming that all the flash backs and photos are actually real and don't need to be CGI. Also how they were in Rocky.

It's so good these days to have a film that just is what it's meant to be, no agenda, no identity politics just a good old fashioned action film.

I was a little worried going in that it wouldn't live upto my hopeful expectations but having seen a few reviews and now the film I didn't need to worry. 

I also haven't seen a bad word said against it .... Yet

15 hours ago, techno said:

I don't often go to the cinema but I'm glad I did today because top gun maverick was excellent imo, the wife even cried 🤣 

So few sequels live upto their originals let alone surpass them but from the moment Harald Faltermeyers dangerzone started this certainly can be added to the list. I also like how because it's been so long coming that all the flash backs and photos are actually real and don't need to be CGI. Also how they were in Rocky.

It's so good these days to have a film that just is what it's meant to be, no agenda, no identity politics just a good old fashioned action film.

I was a little worried going in that it wouldn't live upto my hopeful expectations but having seen a few reviews and now the film I didn't need to worry. 

Ace to hear as i'm looking forward to seeing it soon. Would you say watch the original just before it to remind you where it left off?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

20 hours ago, techno said:

Best film I've seen in years, maybe even ever. 10/10 easy. What. A. Film.

@GazzaGarratt as long as you've seen the first one you should be alright, but for max benefit I'd say have a rewatch before you go. Also, this is a cinema film. You're losing out of if you don't do this one in the cinema. 

banlol.png

9 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Best film I've seen in years, maybe even ever. 10/10 easy. What. A. Film.

@GazzaGarratt as long as you've seen the first one you should be alright, but for max benefit I'd say have a rewatch before you go. Also, this is a cinema film. You're losing out of if you don't do this one in the cinema. 

A 10/10 from Didds, must be a phenomenal film. I'm not saying your hard to please, but you expect quite a bit from a film. Rightly so tho mate. So many films with high budgets and cast and churning out shit these days. 

If your giving it a 10 it must be worth the watch. 👍

@GazzaGarrattif you can watch the first one again, you'll see some more of the links back to the first film in dialogue. Also unlike angry Joe you'll realise that penny Benjamin was mentioned in the first film.

Just to mention angry Joe again he almost gave it a 10.

@IRaMPaGe Dids can't be that hard to please he recommended the awful film spy 🤣

7 minutes ago, techno said:

@GazzaGarrattif you can watch the first one again, you'll see some more of the links back to the first film in dialogue. Also unlike angry Joe you'll realise that penny Benjamin was mentioned in the first film.

Just to mention angry Joe again he almost gave it a 10.

@IRaMPaGe Dids can't be that hard to please he recommended the awful film spy 🤣

You said Guardians of the Galaxy was a shit film 😂

mic-drop-obama.gif

banlol.png

Managed to get to the cinema the weekend for the first time since having children ^_^ So a few years, and got to see Top Gun 🙂 

It's a brilliant film and I would argue as good (maybe better) than the original, a little less romance and a bit more flying of planes, added tense moments to them and some of the action scenes were brilliant 🙂 Would definately recommend watching at the cinema rather than at home as well, it really need's a good sound system and big screen I think 🙂

Saw The Accountant yesterday on Netflix after work. Rewatched it, more like. Really like it. I hate Ben Affleck for backing away from the Batman movie projects, I thought he was good in the role but outside of that he seems pretty good in these oddball roles. The last time I really admired his work was as far back as Good Will Hunting.

Highly recommending The Accountant if you want something easy to watch (I mean, no Christopher Nolan mental feats like Interstellar or Tenet hehe), it's pretty enjoyable.

I just watched Hustle with Adam Sandler, It's a bit strange seeing him in a less comical film / role. The film itself is actually really quite good, about a basketball scout who somewhat gambles his career on a player he thinks is the next big thing.

The films got a lot of story that hits the right boxes for emotions etc... Thought it was really good, the story is a little cliche but the acting throughout was great but it also show's how brutal sport can be in terms of recruitment at younger levels and how one moment can be the difference between making it as a professional or going back to a menial job like the rest of us. Though it's based on basketball I imagine it applies to football in a similar fashion.

This is your friendly reminder to NOT WATCH JURASSIC PARK AT THE CINEMA.  It's a lame turd of a film, with not 1 single redeeming feature.  It's a cut and paste of most of the others.  Rich man builds park for dinosaurs, claims its safe, but "OH NO!" it's not safe, and rich man is bad.  1/10

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

This is your friendly reminder to NOT WATCH JURASSIC PARK AT THE CINEMA.  It's a lame turd of a film, with not 1 single redeeming feature.  It's a cut and paste of most of the others.  Rich man builds park for dinosaurs, claims its safe, but "OH NO!" it's not safe, and rich man is bad.  1/10

I am really surprised they haven't done one of these films like 20-30 or even 100 years on from the dinosaurs escaping, a time where they have had chance to breed and multiply and now humans face extinction type of scenario. Seems like an easy win to me and a way to take the series in a new direction.

4 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Unfortunately that's all I hear, and I didn't rate many of the previous films however as the wife went to see maverick it looks like she won't listen to my pleas for clemency and I may be forced to sit through that turd.😡

On 6/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, Luseth said:

I just watched Hustle with Adam Sandler, It's a bit strange seeing him in a less comical film / role. The film itself is actually really quite good, about a basketball scout who somewhat gambles his career on a player he thinks is the next big thing.

The films got a lot of story that hits the right boxes for emotions etc... Thought it was really good, the story is a little cliche but the acting throughout was great but it also show's how brutal sport can be in terms of recruitment at younger levels and how one moment can be the difference between making it as a professional or going back to a menial job like the rest of us. Though it's based on basketball I imagine it applies to football in a similar fashion.

Went to come here and mention Hustle so I'm glad someone else has had really positive feelings from this film.

I absolutely loved it. Sports films with a drama and uplifting theme will always be an easy and good watch for me but I think it was just how Adam Sandler played such a real role. Not his usual funny self but still had that natural sarcasm in it that was enough to just really love it.

I don't follow Basketball closely but if anyone does, it is a MUST watch because of how many famous IRL players are in the film.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb