Last movie you watched

Drifter

23 hours ago, Laidback Lankyman said:

In other news, as it’s late December I watched die hard and it still doesn’t disappoint. 

Yep, we watched the first one again and it just doesn't age. Super film.

Ellis always cracks me up in it. "Hanz. Boobie. I'm your White Knight 😄🤣 Love how it links the Rolex in at the very end from the first conversation with him.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Yesterday was a Christmas movie day, so we watched the Colourised version of It's a Wonderful Life and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I only watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first time last year, and it is now added to the yearly Christmas movie watch schedule. It's such a great film and i can see why it's considered a classic Christmas film (also now i understand why Castiel gets called Clarence in Supernatural lol). 

Christmas Vacation has been one of my regular Christmas films for years and i still really enjoy it. I've always enjoyed the National Lampoons films (the older ones anyway) and this is definitely my favourite one. I need to myself some of the moose/reindeer glasses that they have!!!

Still got plenty more Christmas films to watch this week including Home Alone 2, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, and my favourite Christmas film Jingle all the Way 😁🎄

i saw recently last night in soho, it was a nice thriller with a great twist although it doesn't explain why those supernatural stuff happened etc and anya taylor joy is wonderful as always

i also saw swan song with mahershala ali, it's about cloning people with fatal diseases while fixing their clones disease and giving themselves and their families a second chance at life etc, it was very beautiful and ali is great as always

pig with nicholas cage is another great movie and while it's not a "they lived happily ever after" one it has imo a great resolution to the conflict although sad

and last i saw jariskatsis mama or father of a soldier in english, it's a black and white soviet georgian antiwar movie about an old georgian father leaving his village to find his injured son during ww2, it was so sad...i don't want to say anything else cause i will spoil it

Well in a time of uninspired re-boots and comic/ superhero cash grabs it's hard to find good well made new films, I've just watched nobody and after a slow start it goes off. Some excellent fight scenes and some great camera work loved it. 

Also what a totally different character Bob Odenkirk plays after recently watching better call saul.

Saw Munich: The Edge of War last night. Incredible film, really enjoyed every minute of it. Gave a lot of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy vibe as I was watching. The actors were amazing and Jeremy Irons continues to be a force to be reckoned with. That voice is incredible.

Watched Real Steel...again. 😄 Always loved it since back in the day and one of those films I can re-watch multiple times in a year. Insane cast when you look at what they went on to do years later.

41 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Watched Real Steel...again. 😄 Always loved it since back in the day and one of those films I can re-watch multiple times in a year. Insane cast when you look at what they went on to do years later.

i remember loving it too when it came out, pity they didn't make a sequel or something, but anyway i am a sucker for robot fights, real steel, pacific rim, i loved them, although transformers kinda felt meh imo

1 hour ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

i remember loving it too when it came out, pity they didn't make a sequel or something, but anyway i am a sucker for robot fights, real steel, pacific rim, i loved them, although transformers kinda felt meh imo

The sequel is still on the cards. It got a huge boost in the lockdown as it made the Top 10 Netflix films. The director and Hugh Jackman have spoken about it so we just have to keep our fingers crossed. It would be awesome to see a sequel for something like this. They could do so much more with it now based on what CGI is capable of.

Rented the Matrix.  Mixed feelings to be honest.  Loved some of the references, but for the most part it was just...... meh.  Trinity didn't really do much, Neo didn't really do much, and there seemed to be missed opportunities.  Would have been nice to interact with the first movie like Avengers.  Very forgettable.

Oh and ghostbusters, much the same.  I have trouble believing the whole world just forgot about ghosts.  Or the fact that the statue of liberty once walked around in pink goo.  It was a bit pants.

Can anyone name a film that was remade or revisited and actually did justice to the original?

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Can anyone name a film that was remade or revisited and actually did justice to the original?

Cape Fear. Both original black and white version was nuts but then so was the re-make. Both excellent.

But yeah I agree, the list of good re-makes would be pretty thin on the ground.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Oh and ghostbusters, much the same.  I have trouble believing the whole world just forgot about ghosts.  Or the fact that the statue of liberty once walked around in pink goo.  It was a bit pants.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was fantastic. It wasn't trying to be something it wasn't, it embraced the age of the originals well and pay great tribute to the old crew as well. You sure you're not talking about the 2016 version 😄

banlol.png

9 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Rented the Matrix.  Mixed feelings to be honest.  Loved some of the references, but for the most part it was just...... meh.  Trinity didn't really do much, Neo didn't really do much, and there seemed to be missed opportunities.  Would have been nice to interact with the first movie like Avengers.  Very forgettable.

Scarface or more recently or more recently, Dredd.  Though when they remade BenHur a few years ago, I also found out the 1959 'original' everyone praises is also a remake too.

Anyway, watched Psych 3: This is Gus - I loved the series, critically it isn't great but it's a good fun show, and the films were alright too.  Though this is the weakest of the films but still worth a watch if you liked the show.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Run hide fight on sky cinema, saw the review by the critical drinker and thought I'd give it a watch. I have to say I was hooked from the point the action started. Very brave of the makers to make a film around school shootings. 

5 minutes ago, techno said:

Run hide fight on sky cinema, saw the review by the critical drinker and thought I'd give it a watch. I have to say I was hooked from the point the action started. Very brave of the makers to make a film around school shootings. 

So its worth a punt ? I'm making a list for when i go back to work next week for traveling up and down

6 hours ago, PrivateParts_93 said:

Just watched Macgruber..... Jesus Christ poor Val Kilmer

I've watched Macgruber, it's not a fantastic film. I think if you don't expect much from it going in it's somewhat funny. Such a silly movie, would never watch it a 2nd time. It has no replay value to me. 😂

54 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I've watched Macgruber, it's not a fantastic film. I think if you don't expect much from it going in it's somewhat funny. Such a silly movie, would never watch it a 2nd time. It has no replay value to me. 😂

Exactly Zero replay value 😂 They are making a series of it now 🙄

2 hours ago, PrivateParts_93 said:

Exactly Zero replay value 😂 They are making a series of it now 🙄

Surely not a series of it? That's scrapping the bottom of the barrel that is. I dread to think what they could do with it. I'm not sure how they could improve that masterpiece. 😂

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Surely not a series of it? That's scrapping the bottom of the barrel that is. I dread to think what they could do with it. I'm not sure how they could improve that masterpiece. 😂

.. sadly its already out

This film was like pulling a women that looks like mila kunis when you're on the piss then taking her back to your place she only does missionary position and lays there like a sack of spuds she won't let you fuck her with the lights on then you wake up in the morning and she looks like Susan Boyle.

Patrick Wilson in my eyes carried the film but he's better suited to horror films.

I only ever saw the first trailer which didn't give away anything about this film but the ending completely threw me off.

Moonfall-603240014-large.jpg

slamminbones.png