Last movie you watched

Drifter

I enjoy uplifting movies, things to do with Sports and also Sandra Bullock 😄 I stumbled on The Blindside the other night hen I couldn't sleep and its a great warming movie to watch about the struggles of a boy making it in life and becoming an NFL player. Its based on a true story too.

I don't know what it is about Sandra Bullock but I think she is extremely underrated as far as actresses go. She's right up there for me as she can do serious roles but also hilarious AF.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't know what it is about Sandra Bullock but I think she is extremely underrated as far as actresses go.

I've always like her as well, not just because she's attractive but because she really is a good actress just like you said. I think my favorite one with her is 28 days. As someone that has battled alcoholism myself in my life, the way she portrayed herself in that movie was honestly spot on.  I never understood how that movie didn't get more attention/awards for her job in it than it did.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I enjoy uplifting movies, things to do with Sports and also Sandra Bullock 😄 I stumbled on The Blindside the other night hen I couldn't sleep and its a great warming movie to watch about the struggles of a boy making it in life and becoming an NFL player. Its based on a true story too.

I don't know what it is about Sandra Bullock but I think she is extremely underrated as far as actresses go. She's right up there for me as she can do serious roles but also hilarious AF.

You've only NOW just seen the Blindside? 

Holy hell man, such an epic movie. I love Bullock, as Steve says, she's a great actress first and a fine piece 'o ass second. 

banlol.png

7 hours ago, Drifter said:

He's ahead of me. I actually have never seen that one. Never was a football fan so that one just didn't appeal to me probably because of that.

Watch it Steve, trust me. I can count on one hand the amount of minutes of American football I've watched in my life and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A proper heart warming story. 

banlol.png

40 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Watch it Steve, trust me. I can count on one hand the amount of minutes of American football I've watched in my life and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A proper heart warming story. 

This is on my list of movies to watch... eventually. Because it's a good story and based on a true story, from what I remember.

As for American football and movies about American football, my favorite movie revolving around that will always be The Replacements. 😄 

9 hours ago, Diddums said:

Might have to look this up, as far as American football films it's invincible for me.

Been watching a number of movies lately. Finally got Amazon Prime so got the movie ch they have so been watching a lot of movies at night when I have nothing to do before bed now.

Big Legend - This one s about a 90 min movie about a guy & his GF that go camping and run into Bigfoot. It actually was a pretty good movie. If you get a chance give it a watch I think you'll be plesantly surprised at the drama/suspense. One of the more well done monster movies I have seen in a while.

Man vs. - This one has a twist I was not expecting. Won't say what it was, but basically it's a guy with a TV show (think Bear vs Wild) who gets dropped off in the deep woods of BC and ends up running into something that starts messing with him in the woods. And no, it was not Bigfoot 🙂

Force of Nature - Had Mel Gibson and Emile Hirsch in it so I expected it to be pretty decent because they are both great actors. The reviews for the movie were really low, but that usually doesn't mean a whole lot IMO. It was not all that good. No where near as bad as the reviews said, but with two actors like Gibson & Hirsch it could have been much better. Wasn't totally their fault though, writing seemed like it could have been a lot better as well.

24hrs to live- Ethan Hawke was pretty decent in this one. Story was a bit far fetched, but action and shootouts were pretty well done. Pretty much one of those movies you'd flip on while having nothing else to do and watch but not make it a point to go out of your way to see it.

Old.

It's an M. Night shamanalansmanslan film so I was expecting something decent. 

What I got was hands down one of the worst films I've ever half watched. What a load of tosh, managed about 40 mins before turning it off. 

banlol.png

Watched a number of movies again over the past few days but there's one I had to post about and suggest.

"The Silencing" which stars Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, he's the guy that played Jammie Lannister in Game of Thrones. I am really shocked that movie didn't get more attention, because I thought it was a really good flick. Basic plot is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a former big game hunter whom turned his acres of hunting property into a protected game preserve. While watching the security cameras on his game preserve one day he finds some guy in a gillie suit hunting young girls he has kidnapped for sport. I won't go into details and spoil anything, but there's a few good twists in it that I actually didn't seem coming. Really well done movie, if you get the chance give it a watch.

Watched Kill Chain last night with Nicolas Cage. Was not too impressed with it. I use to be a big Nick Cage fan back years ago, but this one just wasn't really all that great. It seemed over complicated as well as having a lack of plot, both at the same time. I didn't think that was even possible 🤣

On 9/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, Diddums said:

Old.

It's an M. Night shamanalansmanslan film so I was expecting something decent. 

What I got was hands down one of the worst films I've ever half watched. What a load of tosh, managed about 40 mins before turning it off. 

Watched that this morning and managed the whole film and well there's no plot really. 

I was really looking forward to it as well as the trailer looked pretty decent. 

slamminbones.png

Watched another Big foot movie on Prime last night. This one was called "Bigfoot :The conspiracy"...it was absolute trash😄 Seemed like one of those low budget movies you'd find on Scfi ch on a Saturday afternoon. Acting was terrible, and story was weak as hell. Don't waste your time if you happen to come across it.

7 hours ago, techno said:

A recommendation from Tom @LordBaguette I watched El Camino, never fancied it before but it's better than I expected. 

El Camino as in the follow up to Breaking Bad? If so I liked that one as well. I was a HUGE Breaking Bad fan so obviously no way I could not like El Camino lol. I watched it right after it came out and was a "tad" disappointed there wasn't a bit more suspense/action in it like every episode of Breaking Bad had, but overall I thought it was pretty good. The scene of Walt & Jessie walking down the hallway together again in it was worth the watch right there alone 🙂

I watched a movie the other night called The Outpost. Was a true story about a base in Afghanistan that was located in a valley surrounded by hills in basically a big bowl where the enemy had the high ground and they were constantly under attack. Only had one or two actor I recognized, but it was a pretty damn good war flick. I'm a bit surprised it wasn't more well known because I had never heard of that one before. 

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

El Camino as in the follow up to Breaking Bad? If so I liked that one as well. I was a HUGE Breaking Bad fan so obviously no way I could not like El Camino lol. I watched it right after it came out and was a "tad" disappointed there wasn't a bit more suspense/action in it like every episode of Breaking Bad had, but overall I thought it was pretty good. The scene of Walt & Jessie walking down the hallway together again in it was worth the watch right there alone 🙂

I watched a movie the other night called The Outpost. Was a true story about a base in Afghanistan that was located in a valley surrounded by hills in basically a big bowl where the enemy had the high ground and they were constantly under attack. Only had one or two actor I recognized, but it was a pretty damn good war flick. I'm a bit surprised it wasn't more well known because I had never heard of that one before. 

Yeah that El Camino.

I liked the outpost, as you said very few well known actors. The only reason I'd heard about it and tbh some other movies is I'm subscribed to a Scottish guy who's an author called the critical drinker. He does a lot of movie and TV reviews etc.

1 hour ago, techno said:

Scottish guy who's an author called the critical drinker

I LOVE that dude!!! I'm actually only subscribed to about a dozen people on youtube, but he is one of them. I check to see if he has new vids every night. His videos are just flat out hilarious, and he's also right on point with his critic of movies as well, I agree with prob 99.9% of what he says about movies. No matter how many times he splices in Jonah Jameson's "You serious?" into his vids, it still cracks me up 😅 That and his well timed comments about "Tatiana" lol.

About 2 weeks ago I said I watched the worst Bigfoot movie I think I have ever seen, well after last night, I can now say the one 2 weeks ago was only the 2nd worst Bigfoot movie I have ever seen 😄 I watched one last night at about 2am on Prime called Primal Rage....good God that was absolutely excruciatingly painful to sit through 🤢 I think a 10 yr old must have been the writer for that one. There were multiple Bigfoots literally shooting bows&arrows killing people, using axes and had shields for armor. Then there was this whole scene with some witch that lived out in the woods, and I think the costume dept for that film got the witches mask at a dollar store. Was bad....very very bad. If anyone remembers Mystery Science Theater 3000, this would have been a perfect movie for them to view during that show 🙂

Watched one last night with Dave Bautista called Final Score. I've never really seen much else that Bautista has been in other than Guardians of the galaxy. His acting is a bit flat at times but he's not all that bad in this. Definitely not an award winning film but pretty decent action flick if you get the time.

16 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Watched one last night with Dave Bautista called Final Score. I've never really seen much else that Bautista has been in other than Guardians of the galaxy. His acting is a bit flat at times but he's not all that bad in this. Definitely not an award winning film but pretty decent action flick if you get the time.

Is that the one set entirely at the West Ham stadium?

Watched a movie last night from 2011 called the Darkest Hour starring Emile Hirsch. Was about aliens attacking earth. I am a fan of the whole war against aliens type movie, so I really wanted to like this one, but it was just "iffy" at best. Had the feeling of one of those low budget syfy ch movies imo, acting was pretty lame as well. Which I didn't expect to be bad because I really liked Emile in the movie "Into the Wild" that was one of my fav films.

13 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Watched a movie last night from 2011 called the Darkest Hour starring Emile Hirsch. Was about aliens attacking earth. I am a fan of the whole war against aliens type movie, so I really wanted to like this one, but it was just "iffy" at best. Had the feeling of one of those low budget syfy ch movies imo, acting was pretty lame as well. Which I didn't expect to be bad because I really liked Emile in the movie "Into the Wild" that was one of my fav films.

I remember this one, didnt it have Joel McKinnon (Rick Flag) in it as well? I went into it wanting it to be really good, but like you say it was kinda meh