Last movie you watched

Drifter

Just now, Antpool84 said:

Lol if i like a horror film, or film in general really, i can easily watch it again. I've watched the Insidious films a few times each lol.

I've heard about that but don't know much about it. Sounds like it will be worth a watch 🙂 What kind of horror are they?

The series was geared toward teenagers. Not an adult novel. Not a pre-teen novel. More mature than Goosebumps. Not the level of Stephen King and Anne Rice.

However, I read the books as more of a mystery than a thriller. Sure, parts were... "gory", I guess. But, I wasn't of the mind at the time where that stuff freaked me out. I just wanted to figure out who was the one murdering people in each "chapter" essentially.

I thought it was really cool for an author to create such a universe that existed within multiple books and multiple centuries. It started in almost present day and would sometimes go in the past. This was before Harry Potter (Harry Potter books started in 1997. Fear Street started in 1989. I started reading them in like 1995 until the series originally ended in 1999), so it was a new-ish concept for books.

Per R. L. Stine (author): "Fear Street fans are in for a treat -- and some major surprises," says Stine in the press release. "Readers know that the book series is rated PG. But the movies are rated R. That means a lot more thrills -- and a lot more terror!"

fear-street-pt1-netflix-rl-stine.jpg
WWW.CNET.COM

Goosebumps author R.L. Stine's other famous '90s book series turns in back-to-back movies in July.

31 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

The series was geared toward teenagers. Not an adult novel. Not a pre-teen novel. More mature than Goosebumps. Not the level of Stephen King and Anne Rice.

However, I read the books as more of a mystery than a thriller. Sure, parts were... "gory", I guess. But, I wasn't of the mind at the time where that stuff freaked me out. I just wanted to figure out who was the one murdering people in each "chapter" essentially.

I thought it was really cool for an author to create such a universe that existed within multiple books and multiple centuries. It started in almost present day and would sometimes go in the past. This was before Harry Potter (Harry Potter books started in 1997. Fear Street started in 1989. I started reading them in like 1995 until the series originally ended in 1999), so it was a new-ish concept for books.

Per R. L. Stine (author): "Fear Street fans are in for a treat -- and some major surprises," says Stine in the press release. "Readers know that the book series is rated PG. But the movies are rated R. That means a lot more thrills -- and a lot more terror!"

fear-street-pt1-netflix-rl-stine.jpg
WWW.CNET.COM

Goosebumps author R.L. Stine's other famous '90s book series turns in...

oooooh that sounds really good, definitely something i could get into. I think it will do well too with the popularity of book adaptations at the moment

Last movie I watched was I re-watched "Stand By Me" the other day. Have seen it many times but just like Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, and Goonies, it's one of those movies you just have to watch at least once or twice per year. What I am really wanting to see is that new Bob Odenkirk movie called "Nobody". The trailer for that looks awesome, but right now its still $20 to rent on my cable co On-demand. I think the dvd comes out on June 22nd so the price should drop to $6 after that and then I'll finally get to see that one.

40 year old virgin 

Superbad 

Jaws 

Seen all 3 multiple times only one that doesn't hold up compared to the other 2 was Superbad don't get me wrong good comedy but at almost 2 hours long was a tad bit long. 

slamminbones.png

Last 2 movies i watched were A Quiet Place 2 and The Conjuring 3.

Both are just over an hour and a half which is perfect length for both...any longer and they would have been pushing it. 

A Quiet Place 2 was a great sequel and i really enjoyed it. Emily Blunt Cillian Murphy are both great in it and I would definitely recommend it. It was good seeing what had happened outside of the farmhouse from the first film and how the world had changed with what had happened.

The Conjuring 3 followed the usual formula, but this one was more focused on the story than the scares, which wasn't a bad thing and i still enjoyed it, but for different reasons to why i enjoyed the previous entries. I'm still looking forward to the upcoming spinoff entries.

4 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Last 2 movies i watched were A Quiet Place 2 and The Conjuring 3.

Both are just over an hour and a half which is perfect length for both...any longer and they would have been pushing it. 

A Quiet Place 2 was a great sequel and i really enjoyed it. Emily Blunt Cillian Murphy are both great in it and I would definitely recommend it. It was good seeing what had happened outside of the farmhouse from the first film and how the world had changed with what had happened.

The Conjuring 3 followed the usual formula, but this one was more focused on the story than the scares, which wasn't a bad thing and i still enjoyed it, but for different reasons to why i enjoyed the previous entries. I'm still looking forward to the upcoming spinoff entries.

I really enjoyed A Quiet Place 2, definitely did the first film justice. It's one of the films I think is really enhanced by watching in the cinema. Having a room of people so on edge that they daren't eat popcorn in case they make a noise at times 😂

So i just got back from seeing fast and furious 9 and have to say i thoroughly enjoyed it. As well as all the usual bangs and explosions that have become part of the franchise, as more of the comedy element with Tyrese and Ludacris, there is back story that shows us how Dom became the man he is. Sure, it was ridiculous and probably jumped the shark (to be fair i think it did that a couple of films ago) but if you just go with it as a dumb action flick you will really enjoy it. I think it is the closest you will get to a John Cena heel turn, he played the villain really well throughout, and Michael Rooker makes a brief appearance too. All in all, an enjoyable couple of hours 🙂

Watched Liam Neeson's latest flick last night "The Ice Road"....will sum it up in one word, and that word is... Blah. Wasn't very good. CGI was really bad, seen better CGI from some guys on youtube videos. And while I'm not someone that usually points out unrealistic things in movies, there just were so many things in this one that happened which leave you saying "Oh come on now, give me a break".

While I'm not a fan of Liam himself because of his views on things, I do however like him as an actor, but sadly I think he's headed down the other side of his career. His last two movies I have seen which were this one, and the one before this "Cold Pursuit" were real stinkers. Cold Pursuit had to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen. While this one was not as bad as Cold Pursuit, it defiantly was no where near the level of some of his past movies by a long shot.

Carrying on the Liam Neeson theme last night I watched Honest Thief, didn't hold out much hope but I found it a decent telling of a much used story line and once again he had a certain set of skills. Nice to see Jai Courtney get fucked over again.

I also watched Outpost after seeing it recommended by the critical drinker. Seemed a bit slow as many films based on true stories around that era seem to be but it set the scene nicely for the main battle and what turned out to be some pretty heroic acts from some extremely young men.

https://youtu.be/pQxxCz6l7cE

@TurboR56Mini  and I watched The Tomorrow War yesterday. I do enjoy seeing Chris Pratt take on these roles. His demeanor is just enjoyable to me.

Fun action sci-fi movie. It actually had 2 story arcs/chapters through the whole thing. I thought the movie was over, but nope, still another segment to wrap it up. Thought that was cool. Definitely a one-and-done movie. But, I could see some additional stories still happening to explain whatever the nonsense was that caused the aliens to actually be on the planet... Not going to give spoilers. You'll just have to watch it.

Definitely a little obvious for two of the major underlining plot mechanisms. You'll see it within the first 10 minutes, I think. And, you'll figure it out before it happens lol.

All in all, good times.

On 7/5/2021 at 11:58 AM, RenFengge said:

I watched The Tomorrow War yesterday. I do enjoy seeing Chris Pratt take on these roles. His demeanor is just enjoyable to me.

I want to see that but don't have Prime. Hopefully there will be some other way to watch it so I can see it. I feel the same about Pratt. He's probably one of my favorite actors now. Something about him just seems really genuine which makes him come through as someone that is probably a really nice guy. Kind'a the same as Patrick Swayze use to seem to me.

42 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I want to see that but don't have Prime. Hopefully there will be some other way to watch it so I can see it. I feel the same about Pratt. He's probably one of my favorite actors now. Something about him just seems really genuine which makes him come through as someone that is probably a really nice guy. Kind'a the same as Patrick Swayze use to seem to me.

Same for me on a few things on Apple. I refuse to get another streaming service and hope that once exclusivity dates are done, I can watch them on a different platform.

My favorite actors are Chris Pratt, Ryan Reynolds, Chris Evans, just to name a few. I think we have a thread somewhere else that sort of deviated into actors/actresses instead of character lol.

Pratt does seem like a genuine good guy. I think that's where a lot of his appeal is. Same for Reynolds and Evans. Actually, Reynolds is just funny in a way you totally know you would have a good night out drinking lol.

On 7/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, RenFengge said:

@TurboR56Mini  and I watched The Tomorrow War yesterday. I do enjoy seeing Chris Pratt take on these roles. His demeanor is just enjoyable to me.

Fun action sci-fi movie. It actually had 2 story arcs/chapters through the whole thing. I thought the movie was over, but nope, still another segment to wrap it up. Thought that was cool. Definitely a one-and-done movie. But, I could see some additional stories still happening to explain whatever the nonsense was that caused the aliens to actually be on the planet... Not going to give spoilers. You'll just have to watch it.

Definitely a little obvious for two of the major underlining plot mechanisms. You'll see it within the first 10 minutes, I think. And, you'll figure it out before it happens lol.

All in all, good times.

I've heard its a decent film as long as you don't take it too seriously.

I'm like you, as Chris Pratt I hold quite highly so I want to watch it although for some reason I think because Iknow I have to not take it too seriously it may make me think its not a good movie as I try to get engrossed in each films environment as best as i can. I'll try and watch it this week and see if it gives me good feels.

Just got done watching "Nobody" I enjoyed it. Cool role to see Bob Odenkirk take on, he did a good job. Was a bit more over the top than I expected it was gonna be, but kind'a made it see more like an modern version of an 80's guy movie so that was actually pretty cool. Prob gonna see if Wrath of Man is down to $5.99 yet or not and if so watch that this weekend. Not sure if it is yet though.

@RenFengge watched The Tomorrow War two nights ago after we spoke here and I'm so glad I did. @jordie1892  nailed it when he said online that its a good, decent, traditional blockbuster movies, that most people would enjoy. Not incredible, but definitely a great watch - and Chris Pratt totally makes the film work, he's so bloody good getting these films to shine. And I agree with you that it felt like it kept going for another section, which was great!

Fast 9.

Going in to this expecting exactly what anyone would expect, I was still amazed. The plot holes are big enough to fit an entire different franchise in, many of the scenes are very clunky - not in that poorly directed way, but in that "I want this to happen in my film and I don't care what you have to do to achieve it" kind of way, regardless of the context or the rest of the film. A few moments of the film went from head scratching, to "is this actually from a different film or something?".

My last point is a bit of a tricky one. I know I can be fussy and generally can't stand when films do stupid shit in the hope that their audience won't know it's bollocks, but in many cases I can turn my brain off and enjoy it. I'm sure most here are the same. My thing is whether this film is just purposefully ignoring the intelligence of its audience altogether, or whether I've just reached my limits of "fuck it, it's a film". I like to think I can stretch my imagination quite a bit, but this doesn't so much as stretch the imagination, but rather take it out your head, chew it, sit on it, fart on it, call it names and abuse it to within an inch of its life, and then put it back in your head expecting you to go "yeah that's awesome".

Maybe I'm just not stupid enough, or I've been exposed to too much technical stuff during my life to know where the line is between "artistic licence" and "utter bullshit". Fuck knows.

Either way the film is as shit as you'd expect, absolutely fucking awful full of family bollocks and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5/10.

banlol.png

Just got back from watching The Suicide Squad and oh my god.....it was amazing!! It's definitely the best DC film i've seen and i would say it's up there with some of the funnier marvel films. You can tell that James Gunn has been given free reign to make the film he wanted to, and it is cast absolutely perfectly - everyone is great and even King Shark has been done well. It has some real laugh out loud moments and doesn't rely on making itself known to be part of the DC by referencing other events. If you get the chance i would most definitely recommend it 👍

11 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

Watched Nightcrawler last week, as it's come to Netflix.

Really good film, fantastic acting from Jake Gyllenhaal. Gets really dark but I don't want to say much! Definitely worth a watch if you like noir thrillers.

Not my usual goto but I found it to be a decent film.

15 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Just got back from watching The Suicide Squad and oh my god.....it was amazing!! It's definitely the best DC film i've seen and i would say it's up there with some of the funnier marvel films. You can tell that James Gunn has been given free reign to make the film he wanted to, and it is cast absolutely perfectly - everyone is great and even King Shark has been done well. It has some real laugh out loud moments and doesn't rely on making itself known to be part of the DC by referencing other events. If you get the chance i would most definitely recommend it 👍

Is it better than the first one? I couldn't really bring myself to watch the first one. I'm also a bit salty on the lack of effort in actually working with the Arrowverse for it.

The one you just watched looked really good and funny. James Gunn said he was allowed to anything and there were no rules.

5 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Watched Nightcrawler last week, as it's come to Netflix.

Really good film, fantastic acting from Jake Gyllenhaal. Gets really dark but I don't want to say much! Definitely worth a watch if you like noir thrillers.

Yeah? It's one of those movies that I'm curious enough to watch. But I really have to be in the mood for them even though I tend to thoroughly enjoy these types of movies.