Last movie you watched

Drifter

My second attempt to watch that George Clooney Netflix film, the Midnight Fart.

First time, on my own, I managed an hour before the rage it induced encouraged me to turn it off. 

Second attempt with Mina and we made it through the whole thing. 

My advice, save yourself 2 shitty hours of bullshit. None of it makes sense, so many holes, so many questions, it's basically Clooney wanking to himself in a mirror over his acting performance.

Just 2 issues I have, out of many:

Why, if they found a decent planet were there not a whole shit load of ships ready to take people into space? Why not wait in orbit instead of hiding in caves? Bullshit.

Why, when you're surrounded by wolves, and shoot your gun to scare them off, would you then drop your gun, abandon it, like you're not going to need it again, when they will return in 10 minutes to eat you. Fuck off 🙂

Oh yeah, I now hate Sweet Caroline, the spacewalk scene almost had my boot in my tv👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Spent 2 hours watching Greenland yesterday to save everyone else having to suffer. 

Had some good elements, the meteors raining down was done very well. A lot of it, particularly the end, didn't make sense in terms of what happens to the planet.

As for the rest, possibly the most predictable disaster movie I have ever seen but there's a good fight scene with a hammer that at least made me laugh🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

saw for the first time fritz langs metropolis, a 1927 sci fi movie for those that don't know, and while it was kinda hard because there was no dialogue in movies back then, it's still a great movie that almost every sci fi that was made after borrowed from it, still not an easy movie and while nowadays it's themes may sound quite common for when it was made it must have been extremely groundbreaking, a dystopic future where technology runs amok and people have been divided into the slave workers who live in underground cities and the rich elite who live in a "paradise" above ground and then you have mad scientists, the poor being manipulated by the elites but their schemes backfiring catastrophically etc

also the sets, camera work/cinematography are still awesome and the robot too, so creepy and kinda threatening

Needed a relatively easy watch when I wanted to go to bed early the other night, so I watched Bloodsport. The Muscles from Brussels, Jean Claude Van Damme was just as impressive as he's always been for an action hero for me! Acting in parts are sometimes quite hilarious, and weirdly I even forgot that it cast Forest Whitaker in the film too! I don't know how he did the overextended splitz, it looked painful as hell but a nice easy watch if you love action films - based on a true story too if people have completely missed this over the years.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, phil bottle said:

Spent 2 hours watching Greenland yesterday to save everyone else having to suffer. 

Had some good elements, the meteors raining down was done very well. A lot of it, particularly the end, didn't make sense in terms of what happens to the planet.

As for the rest, possibly the most predictable disaster movie I have ever seen but there's a good fight scene with a hammer that at least made me laugh🙂

I actually thought it wasn't too bad tbh 😄 

Looking for something lightweight for myself and Mina to watch, we settled upon Cobra Kai.

5 episodes in, great decision. It's a lot of fun and very funny in some places. Some excellent references to the film and to the 1980s...and i think the writers are enjoying themselves with the script.

Plus I'm getting drawn into the 'strike first' approach 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Watched Palm Springs last night on Amazon. Kind of like a modern Groundhog Day. It had a lot of genuine laugh out loud moments, we were pissing ourselves at points. Highly recommend it.

I keep seeing adverts for it at the moment which is weird as it came out a few months ago.  I’d agree with you though I can see if you don’t like Andy Samberg it wouldn’t be so good.

If you liked Palm Springs, have you watched Brooklyn 99? 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Re-watched The Quick and the Dead on Netflix was trying to fall asleep. For a 1995 film it ain't all that bad as its been some years since I wtached it previously. It borderlines on being slightly wacky at times because of the stories and how some bullets go through who gets shot but a decent watch with a very young Leonardo Di Caprio. Sharon Stone as the main lead alongside a different role for Russell Crowe probably makes it more interesting now than it did back in the day.

9 hours ago, Greboth said:

I keep seeing adverts for it at the moment which is weird as it came out a few months ago.  I’d agree with you though I can see if you don’t like Andy Samberg it wouldn’t be so good.

If you liked Palm Springs, have you watched Brooklyn 99? 

Samberg's stupid hairstyle I found annoying, it kept distracting me 😄

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Last night we checked out: Scary stories to watch in the dark. It's on Netflix.

In 2021 a film where the characters go down scary cellars for no particular reason; put their ears up to doors when they know the scary person with the sharp object is on just the other side; hide under the bed when the scary person enters the room; remain in the house when the scary person literally gives them a chance to fuck off; get caught up in an emotional issue and reminiscing about their mother who left them, literally as their friend is about to be murdered; where the bad handsome rich boy is bad and its never explained why but he can be bumped off for that nice thrill of 'he got what he deserved'; I could go on....just ain't cutting it for me any more. 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I watched Mission Impossible Fallout last night which was highly entertaining throughout. Some truly astonishing stunts which were done for real with very limited CGI. Tom Cruise also managed to learn how to fly a helicopter in just 6 weeks and performed some death-defying stunts with it that even veteran professionals wouldn't do making for an incredible action scene! Yet in the James Bond films, they're becoming so lazy they use CGI to build interiors of sets now and most stunts are staged. 

Fallout is definitely worth watching and its even better knowing the genuine work and dedication that has gone into it. 

I watched Mortal Kombat on Sunday and me and the mrs really enjoyed it. She got abit wound up there wasnt a "proper" tournament and Scorpion took a while lol but I explained that its building for future movies and she soon settled down abit. Other then that a really enjoyable watch and it opens up for some more action to come which is a winner in my books!

Flawless victory!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

32 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

I watched Mortal Kombat on Sunday and me and the mrs really enjoyed it. She got abit wound up there wasnt a "proper" tournament and Scorpion took a while lol but I explained that its building for future movies and she soon settled down abit. Other then that a really enjoyable watch and it opens up for some more action to come which is a winner in my books!

Flawless victory!

The movie was actually enjoyable. If it picks up into a movie franchise, I look forward to the franchise releasing worthwhile movies that might rival Marvel.

The movie is nowhere as clever as anything in the MCU, but let's not forget that Marvel had quiet a many terrible movies before getting to where it is now.

2 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

I watched Countdown (the horror flick, not the quiz 😂) on Amazon Prime the other night. Not too bad to be honest, it had some jump scare moments and the concept was cool, but the ending was a bit cliché, don't think i'd watch it again.

How many movies are there really... that you would actually watch again?

Speaking of "horror", did you hear about the Fear Street movie trilogy launching on Netflix in July?? I'm pretty excited for it. I read all the books growing up as they were released. They were my easy reads during summers and whatnot.

1 hour ago, RenFengge said:

How many movies are there really... that you would actually watch again?

Speaking of "horror", did you hear about the Fear Street movie trilogy launching on Netflix in July?? I'm pretty excited for it. I read all the books growing up as they were released. They were my easy reads during summers and whatnot.

Lol if i like a horror film, or film in general really, i can easily watch it again. I've watched the Insidious films a few times each lol.

I've heard about that but don't know much about it. Sounds like it will be worth a watch 🙂 What kind of horror are they?