What are you listening to right now?

BO7H B4RRELS

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard an interview with these guys on NPR and became an instant fan.  This is a mish-mash of classic country, blues, funk, southern swing, all mixed together and then electrified.  In this video the main guitar is a home built 2 string electric...built out of a coffee can.  Yes, the body is an actual coffee can, and it sounds fantastic.

One of the best metal songs ever in my opinion. One of the most underrated too probably because of it's length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBEUTntgMOI

Edit; I just learned this but I have been thinking about this for a long time myself... The guitar patterns in the intro of this song turns out to be a message in Morse code.

Guess what it says?

"The Meaning of Life". That is AWESOME...

I heard an interview with these guys on NPR and became an instant fan.  This is a mish-mash of classic country, blues, funk, southern swing, all mixed together and then electrified.  In this video the main guitar is a home built 2 string electric...built out of a coffee can.  Yes, the body is an actual coffee can, and it sounds fantastic.

I showed this to my boss today, explaining that any time a coffee can is made into an instrument and a guy in a viking helmet and goggles is standing on the hood of a Lincoln pounding the shit out of a Holstein patterned drum, you KNOW its going to be good.

He said, "yeah, that's some back woods music right there."  I'm not sure if that means he liked it or not....