What are you listening to right now?

BO7H B4RRELS

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Good choice sir, they have another song, "Did you really know" that I like and keep on a playlist. 

Yeah with Soom T, proper good Reggae. Mungos Hi fi are from Glasgow in Scotland. 

The one I just posted with Marina P has that proper "Belly Ska" sound. 

I knew you would be in to it as you appreciate the genre and Reggae in general. A man of culture Phil. 

Got to love Bob Marley, Lee Scratch Perry, Gregory Issacs, King Tubby for all his dub influence back in the day. So many others I'm sure. 

You will probably enjoy this as it's the same singer (Soom T) as "Did You Really Know" she has an amazing voice. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Projected album Hypoxia just released today, so i've been giving it a listen.  I've been following John Connolly and Vince Hornsby for years with their work in Sevendust.  Hearing Johns vocal evolution to what it is now has been really incredible.  Banger album.

Also, I've always got some Twelve Foot Ninja in my playlist regularly.  a fantastic progressive metal/fusion band from Australia that just kicks ass.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Something closer to all you rock lovers. Mallory Know became one of my favourite bands for a while some years ago. Some top songs and great lyrics.

10 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

One of my all time favourite reggae tracks. @phil bottle lemme know what you think man. Big up Buju on this one. 👌

Buju is a talented artist no doubt. I do kind of chuckle though when I'm reminded of him as he starting out singing songs about killing batty men before going 'conscious'. Good song 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

27 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Buju is a talented artist no doubt. I do kind of chuckle though when I'm reminded of him as he starting out singing songs about killing batty men before going 'conscious'. Good song 👊

Yeah definitely is funny, I wouldn't say I like all his stuff. His live performances the ones I've seen are as rough as a badgers arse. 

I personally think that is one of his best tunes and albums. 

What's your thoughts on Peter Tosh? Some of his solo stuff is awesome. 

The reggae cover of Johnny B Goode is out of this world. I hope you have heard it? 😀