My "art"

JsinOwl

This piece of crap sold for 140 million dollars at an auction....

jackson%2Bpollock%2Bone%2BNumber%2B31%2B

I know art is very subjective but, what the f**k. This is a joke, I could make a much more interesting painting while blindfolded.

I think you should be proud of the ones you made Jsin, your paintings are infinite times better than the one above which is considered art. Glad to have you join me and Datte in the art section :)

Whoa, not expecting this kind of reception. smiley-ashamed005.gif

'Tis very kind of you all. Thank You!

Palle, they're all done in ArtRage. The first three are oil paint, the last one is pastel. The second one, the paint is glopped on real thick, which is what gives it that textured look.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

The second one...I see a man with lanky fingers, or a monster...

I've been looking at it for 3 minutes straight. :0

10/10 would buy and hang in my room

The first one is my favorite though...You can almost feel the ground shift, like you're gonna get sucked in there.

To me, anyway :P

GG, Mr. Owl, yes RE

DM9ON.png

Whoa, not expecting this kind of reception. smiley-ashamed005.gif

'Tis very kind of you all. Thank You!

Palle, they're all done in ArtRage. The first three are oil paint, the last one is pastel. The second one, the paint is glopped on real thick, which is what gives it that textured look.

I must look up some tutorials... Been trying to make something in ArtRage but it just looks like crap. I tried painting with oil paint but I don't know what tool to use to smear it out.

For the most part, I put the paint on with the tube tool and smear it around with the palette knife set to 0% loading.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Tried something with an actual comprehensible subject.

OwlAbstract01_zps376556b5.png

Based on this photo:

tumblr_lx1twlMfMQ1r7cpoqo1_500_zps019a62

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay more difficult, even working off a photo. The other ones were each done in a single sitting; this one has taken me nine days.

/Based in large part on the positive feedback I received, I've actually started looking into attempting something with real paints. 

Damn dude! Loving the owl picture, what made you pick an owl? ;)

Out of your first lot i like the first one the best, i love how you've managed to bring a lot of depth into the picture, gives it a whole new dimension. I always found that impossible to do, let alone just paint a picture. I really like the second one too but if i had to pick one it'd be the first one :)

Look forward to you posting more! 

Definitely give paint & canvas a try Jay. If you can do that on a computer then you obviously can envision it in your head so no  reason you won't be able to transfer it to canvas with your hand :)

Here's the thing though, I'm horrible at envisioning things. Most of what I do happens on accident or through trial and error. That's why I put "art" in quotes, in deference to people who can actually do whatever they want to do on purpose. It'll be interesting to see what happens with real paint and no CTRL+Z.

Sometimes some of the best work comes from simply doing something and changing on the fly. When I build something I usually try to have a basic vision in my head, but I always make lots of changes through out the  actual hands on process. My honest opinion is if I / you / we try to do something exactly as the original plan in our heads then we lose something in translation and the end product suffers due to lack of creativity. So just have a basic idea in your head but don't be afraid to adapt when you go to put it on canvas.

Here's the thing though, I'm horrible at envisioning things. Most of what I do happens on accident or through trial and error. That's why I put "art" in quotes, in deference to people who can actually do whatever they want to do on purpose. It'll be interesting to see what happens with real paint and no CTRL+Z.

I think a majority of artists only have a rough idea that they start with. It's natural to change things as you go along working on it, I haven't done a single drawing/painting from a complete idea. The Venom drawing that I made was something I just started sketching on because I wanted to do something and it developed into what it is now. I had no idea it would end up like it did.