Ethiopia's Blue Volcano

Aside from it being amazing imagery two things make me cynical about this. 1.) It's a Frenchman. 2.) The "which is no simple task", "left him with peeling skin and clothes smelling of rotten eggs for weeks" and "acidic gases don't agree with his cameras" lines.

We don't know what camera set up(s) he had and he planned ahead enough to bring a gas mask but not to bring equipment that would separate him from danger? I could bang that same shot out with the non-ultrasonic/non-image stabilizing 75-300 that came with my DSLR and be well within safe distance from the acid gas/surfer stench for it not to be an issue. Either he's really that French and dumb to run up into the scene of an active volcano or he made it harder than it needed to be in an attempt to make himself seem more important than he actually is?

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Aside from it being amazing imagery two things make me cynical about this. 1.) It's a Frenchman. 2.) The "which is no simple task", "left him with peeling skin and clothes smelling of rotten eggs for weeks" and "acidic gases don't agree with his cameras" lines.

We don't know what camera set up(s) he had and he planned ahead enough to bring a gas mask but not to bring equipment that would separate him from danger? I could bang that same shot out with the non-ultrasonic/non-image stabilizing 75-300 that came with my DSLR and be well within safe distance from the acid gas/surfer stench for it not to be an issue. Either he's really that French and dumb to run up into the scene of an active volcano or he made it harder than it needed to be in an attempt to make himself seem more important than he actually is?

Shshshsh, enjoy the blue volcano...

DM9ON.png