League of Legends - Getting Started

BO7H B4RRELS

league-of-legends-header.jpg

If anyone wants to get in on this game please use this link to sign up. After you reach level 5, then again at 10, I will get a little bonus IP (influence points) which can be used to unlock Champions, runes, etc.  It's just a refer a friend system. 

Anyway... onto the game. 

League of Legends (LoL) is a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena game.

The game has a tutorial that I highly recommend new players utilize. It definitely helps to walk you through the basics. Even after you complete the tutorial, there's still much to learn. It's an easy game to play, but a difficult game to master. Their website has an official New User Guide as well as a New Player Forum.  

After completing the tutorial you can choose between PvP, PvBots, or Custom Game.  I highly recommend PvBots and Custom Game for those who are a little more casual and/or new to the game/genre.  But if you wait too long to jump into PvP (like I did) you'll end up gimping yourself because humans play very different than bots.  

Players are formed into 2 even teams of Champions, 3v3 or 5v5. As of April 30, 2013, there are 113 different champions from which to choose. Each player begins at opposing sides of a map in an area called the Spawning Pool, near what is called a Nexus. A match is won when either team's nexus is destroyed. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of Turrets placed along a path to each base referred to as a Lane. Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the opposing team's champions and Minions (NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters. Completing objectives rewards players with gold which is used to purchase items.

Forever Gaming LoL Players:

BO7HB4RRELS
H3iman
datfroggieguy
TigerBurge

CommanderUndies

Dock24

Hulydooly

theINFAMOUSkiwi & Best Hodor GoT

Shocketh & AlwaysFeedingDoe

Hurtful Username

birchmen

letsgoflyerss
Harrisano
MulishaRS Viper & CrippledAmpuDViper

The Trevinator

FlubbleGump

Minimum and Recommended System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:

2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
8 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

Recommended System Requirements:

3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
12 GB available hard disk space
GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7
The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

The latest version of Adobe Air is required to connect to PVP.net. Adobe Air is included with all League of Legends setup files, but can also be downloaded from Adobe's website.

(Mac Minimum System Requirements can be found here)

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I was just curious as to how many people watch competitive LoL? Such as the LCS or OGN. I have been watching for a while now and on top being highly entertaining you learn A LOT from watching professionals play and listening to shoutcasters explain why they are doing what they are doing. 

Kia Ora. 

I haven't watched any competative LoL matches.  I'm too casual for that.  I have more fun playing private games with friends than competative PvP games. 

Fair enough. 

Well if anyone is interested in just giving it a watch, the NA LCS Summer Split finals day is on tomorrow (1/9) at about 9:00 PDT. You can watch it on http://twitch.tv/riotgames

Kia Ora. 

I may check it out.  I've never once been to twitchtv, lol.  I'll be at work tomorrow during that time, so I may give it a look.  Even though I'm not into this sort of thing, it's easy to see why others would be.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I watch a lot of competitive LoL actually. The Riot Games livestream is one of the highest quality on Twitch, and it is really fun watching the pros play.

That is cool, the quality is definitely at a high quality. I feel the professionalism of e-sports when watching it.

What team do you support/cheer for? 

Kia Ora. 

My favorite team is probably TSM, but my favorite livestreamers are Scarra from Dignitas and PhantomL0rd.

Nice nice, my favourite is definitely Gambit Gambing. TSM are cool but I can't stand Reginald. I like to watch those streamers as well, Meteos from C9 and qtpie are probably my other two most watched. 

Heiman, get online Tuesday night.  You, Me, Froggy, and Mike are going to play some LoL.

Do you mind if I join in? I wouldn't mind playing some LoL, what time do yous usually get on? 

Kia Ora. 

Do you mind if I join in? I wouldn't mind playing some LoL, what time do yous usually get on? 

I don't mind at all.  I've never played with a full party before, but I'm sure it's a blast.  I'm usually on weeknights 10:15 PM - 1 AM EST. 

I don't mind at all.  I've never played with a full party before, but I'm sure it's a blast.  I'm usually on weeknights 10:15 PM - 1 AM EST. 

Cool, I believe that works out at about 3:15pm for me, I usually get home at around 3:45 so I should be able to catch y'all on your second game  :D

Kia Ora. 

Oh you're welcome. I got on my brothers laptop last night he wanted me to try out a champion. My brother has a Nvidia in his laptop and OMG..... It looks sooo0o0o0o00o much better than it does on my crappy laptop. I found myself just looking at how beautiful it was as opposed to paying attention to what was actually going on!  :lol:

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Wait until you get your PC.  I've got everything maxed out and it still runs smooth as butter.  It is amazing how big of a difference there is.  I play on my crap laptop at work and it's so different.  Not as pretty or smooth.  

Good games to Sam, her brother and froggy. It was fun :D 

I am still re-adjusting to the ping on the NA server, it is a bit of a challenge going from ~70 to ~220. 

I will be on soon-ish for a while and hopefully catch Barrels and the rest when they come on  :)

Kia Ora.