Is SA worth it?

Sennex

I had been blown away, but the dust settled fast and now I just feel sorta meh.

In fact, dare I say that lately the maps seem incredibly lopsided. One team Dominates on Metro, then next round the other team dominates on Firestorm, etc... Each game ends with the winner still north of 250 tickets. Its really weird, its not like we are spawn trapped/ trapping either.

I went back to classics like Lancang Dam last night.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Bought Premium and just played my first game on Conquest, Op Met and holy shit that way horrible! The opposition didn't bother playing the objective and just spawn camped with snipers the whole time. Very messy indeed! Looking forward to playing this map on the other modes as that was a bit of a clusterfuck and not as enjoyable as Locker. Can't wait to try the other revamped maps too.

Not sure if it was the server but the connection was horrendous at times. I've read on here about problems since the last patch but having only just got the pack; it seems it's more to do with that and not the last patch as I was fine 95% of the time on the old maps last few days. 

Bought Premium and just played my first game on Conquest, Op Met and holy shit that way horrible! The opposition didn't bother playing the objective and just spawn camped with snipers the whole time. Very messy indeed! Looking forward to playing this map on the other modes as that was a bit of a clusterfuck and not as enjoyable as Locker. Can't wait to try the other revamped maps too.

OUCH!

Talk about horrible luck, I have had one or two matches go like that since it came out, but not enough that I would worry about it. It is certainly not the norm for my playing experience.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

OUCH!

Talk about horrible luck, I have had one or two matches go like that since it came out, but not enough that I would worry about it. It is certainly not the norm for my playing experience.

I joined a large ticket game of Conquest on Metro straight after and the connection was fine and both teams were getting stuck into the objectives which was good. That first game was definitely a rarity but am looking forward to playing these maps and hopefully the general connection will remain reasonably consistent.

I can't believe Conquest Metro 2014 is only an A to C flag match even on the largest ticket servers with 64 players :huh: This would have been mint with the whole map unlocked for the mode. It's soooo narrow and chaotic that I find myself actually physically knackered! 59 ribbons last game which weren't too shabby though :)

SA seems to cause stability problems. I was having a horrible time with SA. I finally said enough of that and played China rising. No problems at all.

So I'll be playing CR for the time being, might try base game also to see.

So the PC might be having the same problem I have been having on the PS3

You like the china rising maps? I only really like silk road.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Me too really. It was nice that the pack was free but the maps were pretty bleak. Silk Road was good as it was different terrain and great fun on Conquest but the others weren't of the best quality for me.

I joined a large ticket game of Conquest on Metro straight after and the connection was fine and both teams were getting stuck into the objectives which was good. That first game was definitely a rarity but am looking forward to playing these maps and hopefully the general connection will remain reasonably consistent.

I can't believe Conquest Metro 2014 is only an A to C flag match even on the largest ticket servers with 64 players :huh: This would have been mint with the whole map unlocked for the mode. It's soooo narrow and chaotic that I find myself actually physically knackered! 59 ribbons last game which weren't too shabby though :)

Wait, you're saying that Conquest large on Metro is the same map as normal Conquest? Remind me to stay as far away from that mess as possible when/if I get it.

Wait, you're saying that Conquest large on Metro is the same map as normal Conquest? Remind me to stay as far away from that mess as possible when/if I get it.

Yep! It's even more chaotic than Operation Locker. The matches don't flow very well but it can be entertaining if you're in the ascendancy. Why the hell it's not the full map is beyond me! 

In fact, dare I say that lately the maps seem incredibly lopsided. One team Dominates on Metro, then next round the other team dominates on Firestorm, etc... Each game ends with the winner still north of 250 tickets. Its really weird, its not like we are spawn trapped/ trapping either.

I've noticed the same thing on PC. Metro; piss it by 1000 tickets and then go and play on the Gulf of Oman and lose by a thousand with the same teams. Also won handsomely on Metro only to lose the rematch by practically the same amount of tickets. On that map particularly; once you get in the ascendancy, it's hard to lose especially the other team to be pinned in their spawn unintentionally due to the way matches pan out. If you get on the backfoot early however, you're likely to be hammered. 

Metro is just too chaotic most of the time and the fact it's only A to C on Conquest Large is a bit silly really. Gulf has a really weird layout and isn't very enthralling plus Firestorm is extremely horrible if you're up against recon campers down the stretch.

Haven't sampled Caspian yet but so far, I'm not sold on the SS maps and I didn't get into China Rising much either.  The core maps seem a much better quality and more open meaning both teams have a balanced chance throughout to control the game at any given time. 

To me its worth it for the guns. The F2000,GOL and AS Val are all three some of my favorites

AS Val has the worst iron sights ever. Enjoying it a bit more now I have a RDS, but took longer than it should. The GOL rocks. Shotgun is not nice though, takes two days to reload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AS Val has the worst iron sights ever. Enjoying it a bit more now I have a RDS, but took longer than it should. The GOL rocks. Shotgun is not nice though, takes two days to reload.

Did they change the irons from bf3 ? It was brilliant in bf3

I tried some Capture the Flag today, only available on the SA maps. It was really good, really fast paced and a lot of fun. Worked well on three of the maps

Guess what, Metro was a nil nil draw! Still a lot of fun and 30 minutes of mayhem , the flags did get moved but no chance of scoring. Anyone struggling with the F2000 challenge I would recommend CTF Metro, I struggled through it on Conquest, had loads of near misses. CTF gives you longer to get those pesky kill assists.

Definitely playing some more of this mode

To answer the title, no. Not in a million years.

My wife got me Premium for my 30th so I downloaded them, but I wouldn't have spent a penny on them. An entire xpac, with maps, from a previous game? Is this what the gaming industry has come to? Not a single new map?

You know what I do when I want to play these maps? 

I play BF3. 

banlol.png

My wife got me Premium for my 30th so I downloaded them, but I wouldn't have spent a penny on them. An entire xpac, with maps, from a previous game? Is this what the gaming industry has come to? Not a single new map?

I play BF3.

Over the past few years I've found the various reactions to re-released maps interesting/amusing.

If Infinity Ward does it, they're greedy and don't have enough creativity to make new maps.

If Treyarch does it, they "reimagine" the old maps so that's much better than a straight port. Somehow.

If DICE does it...nobody really says anything about it, they just buy it without making an issue of it.

I really like what they've done with the SA maps. Not only reskinned but they've added new features and levolution and now with the PS4 having 64 player CQ matches makes them play very differently than before. I haven't played any other objective game modes on these maps yet so can't comment.

Have they changed the locations of the MCOMS on Rush on these maps??

I play BF3. 

How many times have we all posted up

"Oh, I would love to play XXX Map from YYY Title, with these guns/ vehicles, etc.."

They gave us that.

Stop being a bitch, and go play some tekkit,