Sochi Winter Olympics 2014

Commander_Undies

My family is really big on the Olympics. We watch as many events as we can and we just love it. Anyone else gonna keep up with the games?

I remember when I watched the London Summer Olympics in 2012, every time a country came out that I knew one of my clan mates or forum member was from i'd think about you guys. Like when I saw Norway, I'd be like "OH SNAPS, BRING IT SEBBA!" hahahaha Same with the rest of you guys.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I wasn't understanding the French persons scoring of the Freestyle Skiing Ladies' Moguls. It seemed slanted toward the French Canadian Dufour-Lapointe sisters. If I remember her correctly; Heather McPhie went through it like she designed the course and scored low after doing a personalized trick over the last jump. I guess the judges don't like anyone adding flare and deviating from the norm. Should change the name from "freestyle" to "institutional-style". <_<

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

USA USA USA..... just wanted to add that in lol. My wife loves the Olympics so I have to watch it. I don't care much for the winter games with the exception of a few events. I don't like the ones judged by people. To much can happen to screw over a participate

I always love the winter Olympics, never been a fan of the summer games at all. So far I haven't missed anything they have shown from 8-11:30 then from 12-1am. Been good games so far. One thing I hate though is just how biased and unfair the judging in figure skating is. If your new or an American then you are already screwed point wise in most cases. That one kid Jason Brown should have got MUCH higher scores than he did. No way he should have finished 9th place. It's BS when a skater can fall 3 times and still win a medal yet the American can simply have two off balance landing yet not fall and only finish 9th <_<  Same gos for the skater from Japan, he got screwed as well.

The hockey game times suck, but that's what DVR is for. I recorded the USA vs Russia game that was on at 7am this morning and will watch that this evening before the Prime time Olympics come on.

I still remember watching the 1980 "Miracle" Hockey team win back when I was only 9 yrs old. Hoping this year can be a repeat and we beat the Russians again :D

The Russian girl that is only 15 yrs old is really good, but IMO that's almost unfair to have a tiny little 15 yr old kid going against the 19-24 yr old skaters from other countries because at 15 shes so damn tiny and flexible she has a clear advantage against everyone else because she does not have the body mass to control on jumps that others do. And you know even at 15 she probably already has more training time then the 20+ yr olds because them Russians make their skaters basically live at the practice arena lol.

Also I think Bodie Miller needs to accept the fact that he's past his prime now. He was a great skier, and should be proud of his accomplishments,  but at 36 he just can't hang with the rest of the younger kids on the slope anymore.

I watched the USA vs Russia Hockey game I had DVR'd from this morning. Wow what a game, that was a flat out battle!

I'm watching curling right now. I HATE curling...but there's some downright attractive female curlers this year so it's on and muted :lol:

I'm not a hockey fan but that was a damn good game. Watched almost the entire thing.