Coach Jordie

jordie1892

For the last couple of months I've been helping my dad coach Silverstone U8's. I've mainly been leading warm-ups, setting up cones etc. Well right now he's in Singapore for 2 weeks..... which means It's just me on my own. 

Tomorrow I'll attempt to coach a session with 8 year olds outnumbering me 12 to 1. Can I get them to successfully create and attack space? Or will it end up like the start of Kicking and Screaming? I'll update tomorrow...

Fucking knackered  :lol: Only a small number actually turned up, I guess parents thought since my dad wasn't here training was off. Still, did the warm up as usual then followed with a couple of small possession games. Went pretty well and I couldn't have asked the lads to behave any better. We followed with a longer game than usual and just some shooting to finish as I was packing away.

Nice jordie! Glad it went well, you will be the next Alex ferguson in no time!

Euuuuuugh. I'm thinking about taking my coaching courses and eventually getting the club to give me an age group of my own. It looks like rewarding work.

You should tell your dad that everyone came and you handled it like a pro. x)

Haha genius!

Had training again tonight.

Walked 20 minutes down the road with all the gear (and it's fucking heavy) only for 1 kid to show up. 1 fucking kid.

There wasn't any point in training so I apologised to him and his dad and lugged all the shit back up the fucking hill. It's annoying when you go out of your way for people's kids and they don't even bother to show up. Absolutely livid right now.