bf4 tips/help

techno

I'll chip in a few,to unlock shotguns you must use the support class until they unlock. Same goes for DMR rifles,you unlock them by using recon. Carbines are unlocked by using engineer class.

Use Battlelog on the PC/phone/tablet to track unlocks easier for assignments and battle packs

When you unlock XP bonuses in battle packs you must activate them in the options menu.

Attachments make a huge difference on guns. Stability vs accuracy. I prefer stability.

Throw down medic and ammo packs often. It's easy and free XP

Use the spot feature. Right bumper on PS4. Helps your team and gives you easy XP.

Conquest best game mode in the game and makes great use of the 64 players. Make sure you get into a full squad best for spawns into the action. Use Engie first and unlock carbines over all else. They are great overall and are now multi class

stick to tdm and dom until you get a feel for things. much easier.

I was getting a bit frustrated with TDM last night, seemed like a noob slaughter fest to me, been playing Obliteration this morning, it's awesome and I'm doing alright (by which I mean haven't repeated my 0-15 of last night)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What controller layout of people use. I've started with the tactical layout from CoD, so R3 is crouch, but the animation when you drop shot kinda throws me off my aim and I end up dead.

Is it more usual on this to go back to R3 for knife?

What controller layout of people use. I've started with the tactical layout from CoD, so R3 is crouch, but the animation when you drop shot kinda throws me off my aim and I end up dead.Is it more usual on this to go back to R3 for knife?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use tactical but I've always used it so I'm comfortable with it.

The fixed loadouts are different to COD and each one differs significantly not just in relation to weapons but to the players abilities. Too many players opt purely for Assault which can be problematic against infantry on major modes such as Conquest. It's ideal for TDM games but you've really got to mix it up when playing the likes of Conquest Large which can be tough long-drawn battles where tanks and air support is prominent and effective against foot soldiers. 

It's hard to gauge who is playing what roles when you have 31 other players on your team but most BF players play honestly, tactically and have a good grasp of what the objective is and how to play it. You gotta chose a squad role that you think would be beneficial to you and the team.

Even if a few players are going walkabouts or not playing effectively; you usually have enough firepower on your team to readdress the balance. Just don't get too bogged down defensively and lose spawn points or flags else it's takes a mammoth effort to get a grip on the match.

This game is completely baffling, from choosing weapons to servers, people say there's bullshit in COD it seems no less on this, spawn in and get shot straight away repeat till game ends, then there's servers spawn in game over wtf is it deliberately complicated, if it wasn't for chris and euan I'd be surprised if I'd have even got the game running yet. I really want to like this game but at the moment the frustrations will put me off.

Oh well can't get much worse!

This game is completely baffling, from choosing weapons to servers, people say there's bullshit in COD it seems no less on this, spawn in and get shot straight away repeat till game ends, then there's servers spawn in game over wtf is it deliberately complicated, if it wasn't for chris and euan I'd be surprised if I'd have even got the game running yet.

Just give it time Gary. It's a big learning curve. The spawns in TDM are a little crazy. Once you figure it out its great. Ask any questions you want and I'll try to answer them.

This game is completely baffling, from choosing weapons to servers, people say there's bullshit in COD it seems no less on this, spawn in and get shot straight away repeat till game ends, then there's servers spawn in game over wtf is it deliberately complicated, if it wasn't for chris and euan I'd be surprised if I'd have even got the game running yet. I really want to like this game but at the moment the frustrations will put me off.

Gary I found TDM really tough going. Basically you are a Xmas noob with no map knowledge and its very fast paced. Only half decent scores I had were after unlocking a shotgun

I tried obliteration this morning, found it a lot easier as at least in objective modes you have more of an idea were spawns are and people are focused on something other than handing you your ass.

Gary I found TDM really tough going. Basically you are a Xmas noob with no map knowledge and its very fast paced. Only half decent scores I had were after unlocking a shotgun

I tried obliteration this morning, found it a lot easier as at least in objective modes you have more of an idea were spawns are and people are focused on something other than handing you your ass.

Yeh moved onto Dom did a little better in Si much as I got a few kills, will give others a go tdm is just impossible.

• Never just Auto Deploy until you are a vet, and know how to read the tactical Map

Carbines are OP for all classes

DO NOT FUCKING ASK FOR AMMO OR A MEDKIT AND THEN RUN AWAY!

Revive your team mates

Drop a Med kit/ ammo kit as soon as you spawn in.

Look for the weapon drops in Conquest.

Issue Squad orders, or follow Squad orders, seriously you will rack up huge points just following defend and attack orders

Do not take a helicopter unless you know what the fuck you are doing

If you are in a vehicle in the spawn, and its not full up with team mates, and you drive away, you need to go back to playing CoD

If you are getting repaired, don't chase down another vehicle before the Engi finishes repairing you

Camping a flag is okay in conquest. However, if your whole squad is camping, then you need to move, thats begging for a grenade or a Multikill.

You are not superman..... seriously Recon, I'm looking at you

Hide in rubble.

The easy path is usually mined with Claymores, C-4, or AT's and Slams. (Or some pussy ass recon is on a rooftop watching you)

Avoid the LOS of all rooftops

Underground, swimming, and tunnels are king for moving around. (Unless its Footlocker, in which case go outside, its nice, and lonely there)

If only one path can be taken to a capture point, then its a stupid path to take.

Turn off your accessories when you are flanking

Open all doors when you are capturing

Close all doors when you are camping

The bursting radius of a hand grenade is always one foot greater than your jumping range

If you are in an Aircraft, then clear the goddamned rooftops of the pussy assed recons camping up there. (If all you do is hunt recons all game, and keep the roof's clear, you will be helping your team more than any other player)

If you play a pussy assed recon, then you need to drop spawn points, work the objectives and help your team by being mobile and stealthy.

Your K/D means dick, stop trying to "pad" it, Play the Objective, take the death if you have to, but win the map.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Can't wait to get a PS4 and squad up with you guys that have it. Conquest is the KIng of gamemodes for me, but you can get a serious hammering from an organised team. One full squad working together using all classes can rule a 12 v 12 match on the PS3, bu this may not be the case on the PS4.

I've played a lot of TDM and a fair bit of DOM to level weapons up, but need to give Obliteration more a go, what put me off was a timer being added to the matches, not sure if this is still the case, and I need to play more Rush as this game mode can be awesome if the battles are tight and don't end up in spawn trap killfest. 

Most have already stated the obvious one's and tbh Gary, everything I told you for BF3 runs true for this game. Yes, it's a tough leaning curve, yes it can be seriously frustrating as a beginner (not going to call you a noob because I know you're pretty handy in CoD).

My favourite vehicles though have to be the armoured jeeps, with a decent driver and gunner those things can totally wreck a team.

Level guns up as quickly as possible to get the best set up's for you! Don't bother too much with LMG's for Support class they seem way weaker than in BF3 and the suppression system has changed to them even more. Carbines or shotties seem to be the way to go with this class now for me as I've pretty much given up with the LMG's.

AR's are still the best primaries imo, I particularly love the SAR21, slower fire rate, but offers more control (this is Hardcore though) higher fire rate weapons seem to give you more advantage in Normal mode.

I've yet to start using the DMR's or Shotties so can't comment on those, but the Carbines are good and once unlocked via the Engie class can be used for all classes.

Bolt action rifles are god like in HC, one hit kill anywhere on the body as long as you're not too far away or else you'll need a headshot. Ryan swears by the Shorty 12G as a secondary, but I've yet to use it as I'm trying to master the default pistol before moving on.

Impact nades are brilliant :) Nade launchers are great when running assault class, but means you have to give either defibs or med packs. C4/Claymore's for both Support and Recon was a good move imo.

I hope you learn to like this game as it can be very rewarding!

I'm starting to really like this. Scores are getting better which always helps, but I'm loving obliteration and it's really the only objective mode I've tried so I am sure I'll like conquest, rush and Dom as well

Levelled up engineer support and recon enough to open up DMR, shotguns and carbines so lots of stuff to try out. Not really tried any vehicles much yet.

What's great to me is the intense gunfights you get into. TTK is long enough to keep alive by ducking into cover, squad mates spawning round you, just makes the encounters intense.

PS4 is meant to be turning up later today , won't be on til Thursday as I'm travelling after today.

Its why I wanted this thread there's so much more to this game with the different classes, I stuck with it for a few hours yesterday and actually started to have some better results so my kd actually went up, playing Dom.

The thing with bf3 an me giving up was probably down to the fact people had had that game a long time already hoping getting this now will at least give me a chance to learn so thanks for the info.

Like being the bucket at an orgy, this is all a lot to take in.

I'm downloading the balttelog to see if that can help me in any way. Playing the game isn't an issue, i feel i've got to grips with it pretty quickly. It's just the setting up of classes and the other behind the scenes stuff.

Ok i've had a look through this battlelog thing and i'm starting to understand it more but how do you earn battlepacks and what are in battlepacks?

Also check me out with my 2k/d! Really enjoying this game, can't wait to get home and play!! :D

i think the main thing is that there are still plenty of us without PS4's so there will be people who filter in over time and ultimately there'll be enough of us to get decent squads and teams together which makes such a huge difference in this game. Playing lone wolf is all very well and good, you can't change a match on your own no matter hwo good you are. Having team mates who communicate well and are able to play all classes and are willing to PTFO is what this game is all about.

Like being the bucket at an orgy, this is all a lot to take in.

I'm downloading the balttelog to see if that can help me in any way. Playing the game isn't an issue, i feel i've got to grips with it pretty quickly. It's just the setting up of classes and the other behind the scenes stuff.

Ok i've had a look through this battlelog thing and i'm starting to understand it more but how do you earn battlepacks and what are in battlepacks?

Also check me out with my 2k/d! Really enjoying this game, can't wait to get home and play!! :D

Battlepacks are earnt as you level up or level up weapons or from being a Premium member. They offer random accessories, unless it's weapon sepcific in which case they relate to that weapon you can also get, emblems and certain weapons along with XP boosts. You can simply open them via Battlelog or in game. If you want to use the boosts simply look a the bottom right hand side of the screen and see if any XP boosts are available, hit the "x" button and start one. 

If you've joined Battlelog send out some friend requests, my Battlelog name is TheKingofBedRock :)

I've added some people :)

What do i get if i buy premium? Is there much point?

You get all the DLC's early and it works out less expensive than buying individually, plus you get exclusive double XP events, plus other extras including Battlepacks. I got it for BF3 and it was worth it so had no hesiation in getting for this game.

If enough of us get this game and we're all on the same console it'll be worth looking into renting a server in time.

I'm thinking of buying it as well. This game has brought my enthusiasm for gaming back.

This is a good thread. I've only really played TDM so a lot hasn't been relevant to me, yet.

When I need ammo, I press R1 and move to the Need Ammo request, does it just flash the ammo thing about my head and make a call out?