Halo Infinite

J4MES OX4D

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

For PC, if they put it on Steam like they said they would then I'll be interested. But if it's only on Windows Store they can get to fuck.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1595521342
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced...

tenor.gif

PC confirmed. What is interesting though is the disclaimer on the stream that 4K Ultra HD is only for Xbox...
It would be a bit strange to release a PC game without 4K in this day and age... but I suppose they're selling a new machine[emoji848]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It would be a bit strange to release a PC game without 4K in this day and age... but I suppose they're selling a new machineemoji848.png

Yeah I just don't see how it's physically possible.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Looked really pretty dull in all honesty. I'll try it simply because I have Game Pass.

20 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The graphics are a little underwhelming to be sure

I didn't see what you guys saw if i'm totally honest. I loved it that mission demo, I thought the world looked pretty good. However I can admit most of that love came from the nostalgia with it because Master Chief is the ultimate Video Game hero for me. I love the franchise and from where its gone from to this i'd say its an improvement for sure. It looked smooth as hell, the UI was fresh and engaging, even the map that i've never really seen in Halo games was a sight to behold.

Whilst this is usually a really solid solo campaign game, i'm really interested in what they are doing with Halo and moving into next gen. I'm sure i've read somewhere that this Halo is to stick around for some time and they intend to add to this game and create some kind of Halo world that you can continue to come back to. With the Xbox Game Pass looking even more appealing over the past week, I have to say Microsoft are at least trying to raise their game and we should at least commend that after being so far behind Sony for a long long time.

It will always be the franchise that will make me think about the latest Xbox when the prices become affordable.

I didn't see what you guys saw if i'm totally honest. I loved it that mission demo, I thought the world looked pretty good. However I can admit most of that love came from the nostalgia with it because Master Chief is the ultimate Video Game hero for me. I love the franchise and from where its gone from to this i'd say its an improvement for sure. It looked smooth as hell, the UI was fresh and engaging, even the map that i've never really seen in Halo games was a sight to behold.

Whilst this is usually a really solid solo campaign game, i'm really interested in what they are doing with Halo and moving into next gen. I'm sure i've read somewhere that this Halo is to stick around for some time and they intend to add to this game and create some kind of Halo world that you can continue to come back to. With the Xbox Game Pass looking even more appealing over the past week, I have to say Microsoft are at least trying to raise their game and we should at least commend that after being so far behind Sony for a long long time.

It will always be the franchise that will make me think about the latest Xbox when the prices become affordable.
Because I'm looking at it without fanboy rose tinted spectacles[emoji16]

Fair play, they've gone for smooth experience over gorgeous looks, but the graphics are dated. I hear it's most because the graphics look better in light and a lot of the footage was shot in shadow...but even still, just look at the basic graphics of the rifle, there's no detail.

I'll still be getting it and part of me thinks they're under promising so they can over deliver, but the graphics are not selling game at all.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I think the graphics look decent enough - it was never going to be the gigantic visual leap some were expecting to see during the livestream. I think the biggest concern would be the gameplay and mechanics - they don't seem to have evolved very much. Still looks a great game but I'm not sure how much more Halo people will be able to tolerate on the Series X especially 343's.  

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Absolute gamechanger. This could really shake up people's feelings about the console they buy now. I don't want to play it on PC btw, you know what i'm like 😎

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Absolute gamechanger. This could really shake up people's feelings about the console they buy now. I don't want to play it on PC btw, you know what i'm like 😎

I'm not sure if Halo is the system seller it once was especially with 343 at the helm.  There will have to be a significant selling point or something revolutionary - if it's just deathmatch modes and a tacked-on battlepass then that probably wont be good enough even for seasoned players. 

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm not sure if Halo is the system seller it once was especially with 343 at the helm.  There will have to be a significant selling point or something revolutionary - if it's just deathmatch modes and a tacked-on battlepass then that probably wont be good enough even for seasoned players. 

They'll always be that concern with 343 vs what Bungie created but I think you can find yourself too hung on those external factors. The fundamental core of Halo is still there and what everyone loved about it. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Its a bold move for sure, but they've identified how the market is going and to come back into the light they need to do something groundbreaking, which they have. Who knows, we could get an evolving world like Destiny and that makes me excited.

I was underwhelmed by the presentation so I'm kind of glad in one way that's it's been delayed. Rumours of internal strife though make me wonder if it's Anthem and Mass Effect type issues...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

They debated about breaking the game up into segments so Microsoft could at least get some Halo out for launch but I'm glad its ended up as a full delay than in piecemeal. Would rather have a full game released later than a half-ass one on time.

Halo Infinite now expected to release FALL 2021

What an absolute shitshow - that's practically a year after its initial date. The feedback they received has probably pushed them into some serious changes especially in regards to the presentation. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Halo Infinite now expected to release FALL 2021

What an absolute shitshow - that's practically a year after its initial date. The feedback they received has probably pushed them into some serious changes especially in regards to the presentation. 

They'll use it as the showpiece to sell the Xbox next Christmas when they might even have some stock🙂😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg