DayZ SepticFalcon Servers FG Dayzzzz

GazzaGarratt

Arma 3, such an excellent game, so many mods and a massive community, shame its coming to the end now but it's been going since 2013. I've played even more hours of Arma than I have DayZ.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, this game keeps on giving to me. Fuck knows how on earth its become my main game for the past 2 weeks but i've certainly enjoyed the experience way more than expected, especially more so cos a group of you guys have been on to chat to along the way. A recap of the last few nights. Tl:dr - Some good, some bad, me in trouble, me sorry 😬

Met @poisnouspancake  Caleb the other night and he's a good lad, even if he's taken the past 3 days, dying multiple times just to get to homebase. Its a bit like Rich @tronic44 has only ran across the map the two times hes played only for him to run out of shit and die. FML. One day, you will get there Richyboi and we'll throw a camp party 💃🕺 I've done more marathons as we ran out of nails for the base because it really needs fortifying alot more. Probably our bad for getting 47 Car tents and sticking them on a slight gradient in the woods. At least though we're doing it properly, not like the rest of the bases we've seen that use existing structures like castles or buildings to use as a base. If we're in, we're ALL IN.

Anyway, we went to Sosnovka for some multiple airdrops. Seems a hotspot for them to drop of late. Out of the 4 i've seen drop though, 2 have despawned as soon as we've got there and seen the smoke (WTF), one was a military drop so lots of bullets and a few guns back at base for you guys, and one basebuilding drop (YAY!) I went to log off a few nights ago cos the wife asked to watch a film in bed. I told her in a few minutes cos i needed to get to a save point...I still had 5,000 miles to run to the drop 🤣 Good job i did because i grabbed 6/7 boxes of nails from it and immediately logged off.

As i've stated a ramp for our car on the side of the base, we thought we'd take the car for a spin to get Rich as he keeps being unlucky and spawning MILES away. Anyway, yes @crispymorgan  might be right in that we probably should build a shed at the road at the bottom of the hill for it, but i still love the idea having a raised garage on the side of our base to secure it and also get in. Crispy lagged out and had the car on its bonnet once, luckily no damage it seemed...thats when i took over cos i needed to get Rich and (finally!) Dylan @Dylanimo16  jumped on so he was on the way. On the way to Dylan on a straight round the car swayed, a massive sound took place and I blacked out. Fuck. I thought i messed it up. 2 minutes later though the screen just came alive, the car was in the middle of the road, nothing around it and barring the engine light was amber everything was fine - or so I thought.

Grabbed Dylan and raced along the coast to Rich, Yay! As we started our way back from near Elektro, we stopped at another car Dylan thought it could be another one for us. I turned the engine off. Bad move. Went to restart it after we realised it was just a fake car with no parts and I coudln't restart it. Radiator ruined. Spark Plug ruined and weirdly one tyre said it was fucked but it looked okay. We went to find stuff on the long way back to base and Dylan has another radiator but we need a car battery and spark plug 13,000 miles away to bring it back to the car. Man, i'm so sorry. Took me and you guys searching for shit and after finally finding one I gone an fucked up badly. Heres hoping its still there and we can fix it at some point. The harsh reality of not getting too attached to loot/cars really kicked in for me.

So, some base building to do for us all, rescuing the car or getting a new one, and working out how to raid some of our closest people me thinks. GGs all so far @BO7H B4RRELS  @phil bottle @tronic44 @poisnouspancake  @Dylanimo16  @crispymorgan

P.S. NAILSSSZZZZZ!

image.png

Great post, buddy.  I hope that things settle down for me so I can get back in on the action.  It's been a few days.  Don't worry about the car.  Shit happens.  There are other cars.  More adventures to come! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Bad news - Aida 4x4 needs another wheel now.

Good news - We've found a Sarko!

I've put it near the base so anyone can use it. People might wanna get on and build a garage where it is as its probably a better spot next to the road. Unfortnately, I can't help you with that this week but i'm sure between the bunch of you, it can move on at a pace 😎

image.png

I take it cars are an accident waiting to happen on pc as well then @GazzaGarratt? 😂 After the last failure with Aaron and his friend Jim on the ps4 I flat out refuse to get back into one of those deathtraps 🤣

I take it cars are an accident waiting to happen on pc as well then [mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention]? [emoji23] After the last failure with Aaron and his friend Jim on the ps4 I flat out refuse to get back into one of those deathtraps [emoji1787]
Depends who's driving[emoji16][emoji28]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Depends who's drivingemoji16.pngemoji28.png

Lol, we had to go faster cos @crispymorgan  was getting the nod as it was nearly 1am and you could sense his anxiety as he didn't want to go fast but had no choice 😂

@ChaosGladiator  I think its cos they're so rare that you feel under pressure not to fuck up. @poisnouspancake  Caleb advised me that I hadn't fucked the other car up at all, it was cos they have invisible branches in some roads. Believe what you want to believe but im going with that! 😂

14 hours ago, Dylanimo16 said:

Hi my name is Dylan it was nice to finally get on to play with you guys it was great talking to all the old FG guys and meeting some of the newer well new to me  

Glad you could make it mate, lets hope you guys can kick on build that mofo of a base high to the sky without me this week 😎

Did you manage to get to base after I got cut off or you still not made it yet?

I was on for an hour or so earlier today, I found that there was plenty of food after all, and more on the barbecue. Plus some wolves came round to visit and were added to our bounty. We will never starve [emoji847]

I've gone off in search of spark plugs...

I'm also looking at server hosters and might start an FG modded server at some point, definitely want to do my homework on that. But I'll wait and see, as the one we're using has suited us so far.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What would be the benefits of starting our own FG server?  
From an FG point of view, a way to bring more people to the community but from a DayZ point of view it gives us more control of the server, plus:

1. We can decide which mods we want to use.
2. Ban cheaters, scripters etc.
3. Whitelist/password it if we feel the need

There are more benefits but we do need to weigh up if we want or need to do it, as it will cost both time and money. One place I've looked at it's around £16 a month for a 30 person server.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I really like the idea.  It seems do-able but we'd all have to consistently chip in on it.  You said you've run a DayZ server before, so you're familiar with that side of it?  Are there certain mods you wish were on the Septic Falcon server that aren't being used, or are there some that you don't like?  How would you like the overall feel/mods to change?  

Just curious?  🙂 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 8/10/2020 at 12:40 AM, phil bottle said:

From an FG point of view, a way to bring more people to the community but from a DayZ point of view it gives us more control of the server, plus:

1. We can decide which mods we want to use.
2. Ban cheaters, scripters etc.
3. Whitelist/password it if we feel the need

There are more benefits but we do need to weigh up if we want or need to do it, as it will cost both time and money. One place I've looked at it's around £16 a month for a 30 person server.

Need a separate thread on this, so we can add requests on what we'd like on our own server - everyone note that to make it fun we should promote it and tell as many peeps as possible because otherwise you'll miss out on part of the danger of stumbling across someone on the server.

Also, i'm back! 😎 Just got back into it a little. I see the base hasn't changed really so i've took the time out to make sure there's no holes - i'll need people to check that out when possible. Some fairy lights are hooked up so you have something fancy to look at too. I see @crispymorgan  has worked at finding a lovely Mustang for himself which is pretty special i'll admit....so I took some time out to find something for you all at the FG Base 😎 Don't worry Crispy, your Mustang is left to its own devices.

@Dylanimo16  has been a saviour of late and been great to chat and party up with him. Lots of useful info. The biggest one I stumbled on this morning. As this server has only Expansion Base building turned on and not vanilla building as well, the sheets of metal are basically worthless we believe. Shame that. I might have also stumbled across our first raid item, an RPG. Brought back a launcher for it too last night.

I love to finish off the ramp but it isn't essential. One side is done and you'll find the latest modded cars on the server are awesome through the forest. No drama whatsoever. Only downside is the Sarka Car has gone, weird overheat issue but changed batteries and it didn't work. all parts were pristine too, made no sense. Ah well, the upgrade I found at the base was worth it.

Objectives for me? Build the base better, nails and hammers, raid a nearby neighbour, go into the toxic zone to get some serious Tisy Military Phat Lootz. Let me know if you think this'll be cool.