Scrap Mechanic

tronic44

Looks like a bunch of Tjorborn's from Overwatch on steroids in a Zombierobot Apocolyptic War, I like it!

I always wonder if we can actually make cool contraptions like in trailers, I bet in reality it would take me 6 months to build just one of them.

This game is a little different but i kinda like it. It's hard to explain how the game works at the moment but it does seem to want you to build cars and doesn't really explain how to build structures or tools.

The scope is there to build some insane vehicles though, we just need to learn more about the game.

20 hours ago, tronic44 said:

This game is a little different but i kinda like it. It's hard to explain how the game works at the moment but it does seem to want you to build cars and doesn't really explain how to build structures or tools.

The scope is there to build some insane vehicles though, we just need to learn more about the game.

Yep, completely different to what I expected. Love the idea and feel. However, not sure Survival mode has come a little too soon for this game. Its not as clear you'd hope on how to build a base, etc. Feels like there's kinda of a hidden basic story in it, as we found a battery that then helped us create different bots to help you build other stuff. Thing is, we don't even know where the Map view is yet! Early days but i'll keep my fingers crossed it can only get better.

After playing a couple hours of this over the weekend, I agree with you mate.  There’s things missing like a map (even if you have to craft it) or a co-ordinate system.  I’d like to see some basic instructions too - I don’t need it spoonfed to me but some info on how to progress other than randomly finding things.  Also storage - basically there isn’t any.  The bots you build can hold a small amount of the things they need but any excess bits basically just have to be put on the floor or whever you gave space.

Still having watched some videos on it, there is more to find out in the world.  I’m not sure there’s enough currently to keep me playing for a long time.  Minecraft has bosses, 7d2d has hordes etc.  this currently doesn’t (as far a I know).  There are harder robots but they’re not bosses.

It’s early access though so I’m sure things will improve and I love the look of the game.  The basic mechanics are great too and I am looking forward to trying to configure things in different ways to build all the different machines.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png