The Hunt FG Stories!

GazzaGarratt

Thought it would be good to have a thread with our finest and most memorable days on The Hunt on our FG adventures, win or lose!

I'll start it off with possibly the best night i've ever had on this on Sunday night just gone. 4 wins in a row. Yes, 4. And they weren't all just smash and grab, no one left on the server jobs either.

First one was with @MrBiron  as a 2 player squad where we managed to kill the boss (I believe it was the Assassin?) with an Axe and decided to take the long way around some Hunters to the furthest away extraction for the win. Next one was then with Marc @J&B  and Biron although he had to leave half way through because of his inabilities to close his Fridge door 🙈. We picked up all the clues for the Spider but then realised that a team were starting to banish the boss, so we looped around to get the 3 clues for the Butcher. It was the furthest away from the extraction but we carried on. Weirdly, when we got to the Butcher it was already dead! Sounds like the other team killed it and carried on to get the other bounty. Seeing that we got it, they fecked off leaving us to get a ton of XP and extract the bounty successfully!

@Nutcuttlit  then jumped on with Marc and me to complete what I can only describe as an awesome 2 rounds of Hunting. It may have felt even better for me because I took out a bunch of Hunters, muiltiple teams at once whilst we were all converging on the first boss. We ended up killing the remaining Hunter squad which bagged us the first Gauntlet of the night! Then came a much more defending round whereby we got the first Spider boss quickly and moved on to the second Assassin boss when teams started to pull in close to us. Once we downed it we were surrounded by at least 2 squads of players, trying to grab some loot. Nutty set the traps, Marc had pulled out to watch and cover us from a distance and whilst Nutty covered the larger entrance, I hung over the bounty with remaining Dark Sight. A quick squeeze of it and you could 3 Hunters imminently approaching. Then all hell broker loose.

2 Hunters entered right in front of me. The Nagant silenced pistol downed them after hitting some traps along the way. Then 3 Hunters came from multiple sources. Nutty chucked a bomb to down one but then got exploded by a Revelli shotgun or something like that which was pretty powerful. Whilst he was getting shot I took down a Hunter next to an adjacent door and then tried to come to Nutty's aide. The guy was trying to hide and shoot me so I managed to crouch around and take him out with a few shots to resurrect Nuttscratcher to end the massacre.

XP farmed the nearby towns blasting everything away to end with back to back Gauntlet runs and 4 successful extractions in a row. I don't think i've took that many Hunters out and grabbed that many bounties all in one night before. Everything just fell into place. Great callouts, great teamwork and such a rewarding night!

First Gauntlet run

EbEVBpdWkAcZW_S?format=jpg&name=medium

Second Gauntlet run

EbEhV53WoAYM0a3?format=jpg&name=medium

Looking forward to hearing more about others escapades! GGFG!

Two little stories this week.

Had such a random game with Adam @foxhoundmoses , which was our final game of the evening. We thought let's just go for the gauntlet (both bounties) and once we picked up one, we could hear some shooting at the next one, West of us. When we got close we were expecting to have a fiery contest considering we had the other bounties so completely visible to everyone else on the map. We rocked in close, not sure what to expect, maybe 1 or 2 full teams around. But it was weird; we used some Dark Sight and no one was around? The boss had already been banished so it was so odd that the Bounties weren't picked up. Maybe they were camping and waiting for us to pick them so they could grab everything off us? Nope. No one near, well no one alive. We walked up and Adam spotted some dead Hunters next to the entrance to the boss room. Then noticed a few more, and a few more! It was like the entire server had took each other out like how Van Damme and Lundgren go against each other in Universal Soldier. I caught the clip of it all when we rocked up near below. Mental way to end a game and get the Gauntlet to boot!

An hour or two before this, I think we witnessed the greatest gun show Aaron Nuttscratcher Mc@Nutcuttlit  when total Ham and Bone when we decided to aggressively go into Fort Cormack (correct me if i'm wrong Adam/Nutty) where the single bounty was on offer. 2 teams were already there across a wide open patch of land. I picked a stray Hunter up running away from the battle early doors whilst Adam and Nutty got in close with Shotguns and Borheim pistols. Adam baited someone out, Nutty blasted their face in one of the sheds in the Fort. I kept getting sniped a few times as i came into the main Fort area which meant they kept pushing up closer...and closer, until they were close enough for Nutty to pop them through the fences, whilst ANOTHER team rocked up and tried to burn a team from the outside. We got rid of a few teams which left us 3v2. They were great snipers, one took me down and started to burn me at an opening. They pushed with Adam only one health bar left, he then managed to injure one before Nutty the Hunter exterminator ran out of the secure shed and blasted both to kingdom come.

7 down, with Nutty nailing 6 and one assist. I think what was probably more hilarious was when all that was left was to get the Spider killed and then bounty extraction, Adam raced in and got killed by the Spider - and couldn't get revived as he only had one health chunk left! 🙈😂

Great night of Hunting!

Finally managed to pick this game back up again after a few recent updates and I have to say it is running really smoothly.

Myself, @Nutcuttlit , @Tadnothad  and @Macca89  had a few round on it a few weeks ago and got some great victories. The very first game with Macca, we ended up nearly getting caught around a rock in a scissor movement, took down Macca and put Gas over the top so I couldn't revive him. Luckily the Boreham No.3 revolver came in handy as I managed to pick the first one off when they threw the gas only for the other teammate to run around the back of the rock where we were hidden, and got the end of my very lucky Revolver once again. Glad Scottash was on to let us know that the gas grenade would eventually disappear so after 5 patient minutes I was able to revive Macca and off we went with the bounties the other team had dropped and off to get a few kills on the way to the extraction.

Last one of the night too was pretty memorable as @Tadnothad , @Macca89  and myself said fuck it and decided to roll in hard to have a quick game. Lucked out with the Assassin Boss at the first place we had to check for a clue. After losing a lot of health and getting scythed most times 😅 the boss went down. Picked it up and we quickly had the convo of either extracting or going for the full complete winning round (Running the Gauntlet). Ofc, what else is there to do on a game past midnight? We could hear gunshots high up in the top left of the map, so we ran that way hard, not worrying about crows, zombies or anything else that was loud along the way. Eventually it shown up that the boss was killed rigth at tthe top of the map next to an extraction point. Raced there as fast as we can, we waited to see what was going on. A few Zombiews were running around but I noticed they weren't running for us...more so a random hunter. Clearly he didn't see me as he knelt to get a bandage on - shit job that did as my Karbiner rifle gladly took the headshot it deserved.

We waited around and asked Macca to check the body out to get extra loot. As soon as that happened BAM! Knocked out straight away as clearly the other 2 were watching our footsteps unbeknown to us. After 3 minutes of hanging around, seeing where they could be, the bounties were picked up and action started. One Hunter came out near the front with Tad on watch trying to get a shot on them. Whilst a shootout followed the other tried to swoop around pass the top of the swamp, hoping he wouldn't get spotted. Tad took a clean shot to the aggressive Hunter with the second bounty, whereas the other Hunter didn't see I knew where he was. As he came through a part of the swamp, my revolver took him out after 4-5 shots. Macca was picked up and the Gauntlet was obtained. 23 levels on a Hunter at the end which was a sweet reward for us all. I'll try and get a brief highlight video together if I can!

Hunt FG Run.jpg