Mixer Shutting Down Already lol!

Streaming service Mixer is closing and all partners including Shroud and Ninja have been moved to Facebook Gaming who have now partnered with Microsoft. Don't think anyone saw this coming. Mixer alone was shite but Microsoft and Facebook could do something interesting to pose a threat to the ever-shitty Twitch.

*edit

It further appears that all exclusively signed streamers are free to leave their contracts if they wish which would see some come crawling back to Twitch! 

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Streaming service Mixer is closing and all partners including Shroud and Ninja have been moved to Facebook Gaming who have now partnered with Microsoft. Don't think anyone saw this coming. Mixer alone was shite but Microsoft and Facebook could do something interesting to pose a threat to the ever-shitty Twitch.

*edit

It further appears that all exclusively signed streamers are free to leave their contracts if they wish which would see some come crawling back to Twitch! 

Shroud and Ninja opted out of FBG and collected their entire payment in full. It's almost out of a scene from Oceans 11. They took multi-million dollar deals from Mixer, (Ninja 30MM and Shroud 10MM) only to have Mixer sell off their platform to Facebook Gaming and then be allowed to return to Twitch and keep the cash. Kudos to them. Facebook offered them both 1MM PER Mixer Viewer.

What I feel bad about is the hundreds of streamers on Mixer who have established communities only to be thrown away. FBG has said any Mixer Partners will be offered partnership on FBG and USD 2500.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1275145243478892544?s=20

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1275382627961364489?s=20

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

2 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Shroud and Ninja opted out of FBG and collected their entire payment in full. It's almost out of a scene from Oceans 11. They took multi-million dollar deals from Mixer, (Ninja 30MM and Shroud 10MM) only to have Mixer sell off their platform to Facebook Gaming and then be allowed to return to Twitch and keep the cash. Kudos to them. Facebook offered them both 1MM PER Mixer Viewer.

What I feel bad about is the hundreds of streamers on Mixer who have established communities only to be thrown away. FBG has said any Mixer Partners will be offered partnership on FBG and USD 2500.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1275145243478892544?s=20

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1275382627961364489?s=20

Absolutely crazy money!

signatures small.jpg

The news just keeps coming in for 2020 don't it?!

I was reading Twitter whilst the whole thing exploded. Mixer streamers apart from possibly Ninja and Shroud have really been bitten in the arse good and proper. I think the major problem is that to create competition against Twitch is nigh on impossible. If Microsoft and Facebook have gazillions to spunk on content creators but are no way near them then I don't see why they would continue their interest in it. Just a shame that so many smaller streamers trying to find a career and spending money on building some sort of base on Mixer now don't have many options.

I don't see any pull towards Facebook Gaming whatsoever. So many people don't trust them any longer due to how they use their data and i've only got an account because the FG page plus a few family members I haven't seen in 30 years. I really can't see as many viewers following King Gothalion over to FBG when a lot didn't leave Twitch to go to Mixer.

It's all very odd, I saw what ninja and shroud got, fair play but I've also seen some female streamer crying on twitter going on about her passion. I've never been bothered about any of this and have never watched a stream on any platform and don't understand the mentality behind donating monies to multi millionaires either. 

I guess right now there maybe some people looking for alternative careers. 

12 hours ago, techno said:

I guess right now there maybe some people looking for alternative careers. 

Trouble is a lot of these streamers take everything for granted and come across as very entitled. Some of them are so desperate, they will do anything rather than going out and getting a different job if it doesn't work out. Instead of accepting competition from rival streamers and that the space is totally crowded, some feel they deserve fame and fortune instead of accepting they may have to get a normal job. 

There's fully grown men approaching 40 on Twitch who have traded their dignity just to make a few bucks in donations on the daily. With Ninja and Shroud free to go anywhere and bathing in money, many streamers will be weary of losing viewership especially if they come back to Twitch.