What car do you have?

Dan94

@phil bottle its a BMW, therefore I have to side with @Diddums, even if they own MINIs now.

I know @Nutcuttlit  had a rough deal on Kia's but honestly, we've not had a problem with my wife's Stonic. Its a really nice car and kind of gives you a feeling of a bigger car but not having to go full hog and buy an SUV or 4x4 like every mofo in the world wants to show off their big willy's and fanjita's. Its a damn smart car that has lots of space for the cost and would you probably save you a packet based on the next one up (Sportage).

kia stonic.jpg

I'm really impressed with that little Stonic, it's a fantastic little car. We were looking at X-Ceeds a while ago and I ended up having a mooch around the showroom and honestly Kia make great cars, as do Hyundai. I remember the days when driving either of these marques was basically self-admission that you've failed at life. It's awesome how far they've come! 

banlol.png

Why are Tesla cars so ugly? Personally I cant wait until the roads become quiet, apart from the obvious whining, and I'm not talking about Jeremy Clarkson but no chance I'd pick up a Musk Mobile[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Why are Tesla cars so ugly? Personally I cant wait until the roads become quiet, apart from the obvious whining, and I'm not talking about Jeremy Clarkson but no chance I'd pick up a Musk Mobileemoji846.png

I thought early versions were always cool looking but they've started to make them more mainstream and stereotypical family car looking, maybe because it'll make him more money that way rather than standing out from all of the rest.

I may be sensing my old side kicking in lately as at least Covid lockdown brought an element of peace and quietness to the streets when you've popped outside in the garden over the past 3/4 months.

For the sake of nudging @TurboR56Mini  to talk about cars, because he loves cars...

We have a r53 MINI Cooper S that we dumped a good amount of money in last year lol. We are never getting rid of it. We do actually want a classic Mini one day.

Our order for the new Ford Bronco was just put in... Can't wait for that.

Yes, manual for everything.. because more fun. Not efficiency. Fun. Also, to help keep me awake while driving hahaha.

I currently dart around the A roads of Northamptonshire in a 2017 VW Polo Gti 6C

Bought a couple of years ago as I was missing the feeling of racing on a regular basis thanks to various injuries, and just wanted something that made my drive to work a bit more interesting. 

Was torn at the time between a couple of different cars like the Golf GTi/R and a BMW 125i/330, but saving for a wedding at the time and remortgaging the house made me consider finances and thought I needed to be a bit more sensible. 

It’s a great little car for me and the wife, with plenty of power and great handling and regularly makes me laugh. Definitely surprises a number of more powerful cars in the twisty bits.

Only downside is that it’s not got much space in the back and pre Covid I was spending every week at the fuel pump spaffing away 50quid a time on Mr Shells finest 😂

APmVvKG.gif

OOOO cars!!! I'm 36 have have had 40 vehicles thus far, current stable is the mentioned '05 R53 Mini JCW, my '68 Pontiac LeMans, and our '58 Chevy Apache. 

9431768015_30ffd0dec6_k.jpg

14073218730_2b8a801a31_k.jpg

14254775276_2d91b55ad2_k.jpg

14277448684_847be39997_k.jpg

IMG_20171124_122739.jpg

That's your Pontiac right now Carl @TurboR56Mini ?!!! Such a cool car, looks incredible and I love the detail on the side. How long you had that for?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's your Pontiac right now Carl @TurboR56Mini ?!!! Such a cool car, looks incredible and I love the detail on the side. How long you had that for?

Yep @GazzaGarratt, fixed the year too, it's a '68 not '69. Have had it 20 years now, my dad and I built it back in highschool. Bought it 2001, painted it in like 2006ish. That picture is a few years old but it was taken in the town we live now so it's current. Have not driven it in a few years which is killing me. Need to dump some money in it for new suspension, the 60 year old components need some love after a massive pot hole was hit a few years ago. I plan on dumping another 20k into it so just waiting. This is a body on frame car and they make some killer aftermarket rolling chassis's these days. They come with all new suspension too so that's like 12-15k right there. Have been working on the house for the last 7 years so it's on the back burner for now.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:49 PM, TurboR56Mini said:

Yep @GazzaGarratt, fixed the year too, it's a '68 not '69. Have had it 20 years now, my dad and I built it back in highschool. Bought it 2001, painted it in like 2006ish. That picture is a few years old but it was taken in the town we live now so it's current. Have not driven it in a few years which is killing me. Need to dump some money in it for new suspension, the 60 year old components need some love after a massive pot hole was hit a few years ago. I plan on dumping another 20k into it so just waiting. This is a body on frame car and they make some killer aftermarket rolling chassis's these days. They come with all new suspension too so that's like 12-15k right there. Have been working on the house for the last 7 years so it's on the back burner for now.

That's insane that you built that. So so cool, especially doing it with your Dad too. At least I now know if I want a specific car, i'll just come to you to get it made 😎😁

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's insane that you built that. So so cool, especially doing it with your Dad too. At least I now know if I want a specific car, i'll just come to you to get it made 😎😁

Don’t go to Carl for anything about cars, he’ll link you to this...

...then you’ll binge watch them as they are funny in a British sort of way. I’m on episode 25 and enjoying every minute

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Don’t go to Carl for anything about cars, he’ll link you to this...

...then you’ll binge watch them as they are funny in a British sort of way. I’m on episode 25 and enjoying every minute

These guys are my spirit animal....

I bought a new truck.  I've had the same Ram since 2012, but gave it to my son.  So now I have a 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon.  I wanted something to off-road with and the PW is, IMO, the top of the line full sized truck for the sort of off road trails I have access to.  I wanted to order a 2023, but order banks are closed and once they reopen it will still be an estimated 6-9 month wait to get one.  I decided to go used instead and focused on the 2021 for the 75th anniversary package, which has a unique 2 tone interior that isn't available in any other Power Wagon.  This thing is absolute tits for everything but fuel economy.

I'm ditching the steps for actual rock sliders, which I've already ordered.  Also need a bed cover, but otherwise don't intend any additions or modifications until it needs tires and I go to 35".

PW comes factory with front and rear axle lockers, front sway bar disconnect, and is a 2500 (so heavy duty frame, axles, running gear) but sprung light closer to a 1500 for better ride and offroad flex.  The 75th anniversary adds a ton of luxury features.  Heated/cooled leather seats (mountain brown over black), 360 camera with tire paths, adaptive headlights (the lenses make the headlight beam sweep with the steering wheel so you're always in the 'sweet spot' and it's amazing), etc.  This one has the sunroof and every option but the safety group (didn't want) and ram boxes (didn't care one way or the other).  I bought it with 8107 miles on it and in pristine condition.

2023pw.jpg

I do like the new Peugeot designs @MrBiron , the front is a nice sleek design on the Lion concept they follow. Wife won't touch Peugeot again though due to her past experiences with reliability and upkeep cost.

The Peugeot's have come a long way recent years, they look quite smart and seem to be well kitted out for the most part.

I have had a few cars over the years (both good and bad), my favourite car to date was this little gem. Had it a few years and unfortunately had to let it go as it had a power issue that the garages I took it too could not figure out.

BMW.thumb.jpg.36f4a5536e29426d2a66a1e03fab4df1.jpg

Currently driving a White Mazda 6 much like the photo below (this one is not mine but is the same make / model), and it's fine but I am finding that because it's an older car it creaks an awful lot. I want something new at the moment, something with a bit more comfort and better build quality (like my bmw was) so maybe another bmw or audi or something but I am having to wait until work picks up as I don't want to spend my savings on one to then lose my job or something. I'm not one for buying on finance either hence I tend to get older cars ^_^ 

Mazda 6 D TAKUYA*Service History*2 Keys* | Daily Cars