Time Trials Season 2 - GT Sport and Assetto Corsa

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

Ah balls! Okay, will do! 2:26.409 with Hard tyres. Lets see what i can do with soft on the Spa track!

I forgot to say, change them for the Racing Super Softs.  Tyres don't wear in time trial so there's no downside to using the super softs 🙂

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Okay. Gonna have a break to get some other stuff done.

Spa Track - Volkwagen GTI VGT (Gr.3)

Best time so far 2:20.376

My splits show me that if I could put them into one lap it would get me 2:18.659 so i'm super glad i'm much closer to you both than I realised!

EbXEgMQX0AAoY1X?format=jpg&name=medium

There might be an early corner that is kinda flown by though! Not sure if you guys do the same?!

3 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

There might be an early corner that is kinda flown by though! Not sure if you guys do the same?!

Wut?! 🤨 

Not sure what you mean but you can see the lines I take in the video of my lap I posted earlier in the thread.

Nice time though, putting laps together is always hard especially long laps like Spa.

2 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Wut?! 🤨 

Not sure what you mean but you can see the lines I take in the video of my lap I posted earlier in the thread.

Nice time though, putting laps together is always hard especially long laps like Spa.

Its about the 4th or 5th turn looking at your lap video. In fact you make me feel better because you slightly undercut the same corner...i'm a little more to the left of that but i've noticed you don't have to lift the pedal with GTI.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its about the 4th or 5th turn looking at your lap video. In fact you make me feel better because you slightly undercut the same corner...i'm a little more to the left of that but i've noticed you don't have to lift the pedal with GTI.

Ahhhhh I get you now.  Yeah you have to really cut that corner to get a good run down the Kemmel straight.  I cut it a little more than I probably should have as I was a little wide of the apex of the up hill right hander (Raidillon).  GT Sport is quite lax about track limits but I figure we're all gentlemen.....well honourable....well mostly honest here.

27 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Remember to enable BOP if you haven't done so emoji846.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I didn't initally...so after BoP on and Super Soft tyres i ended up 6 seconds faster! Well happy i'm not far behind you both.

4 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Ahhhhh I get you now.  Yeah you have to really cut that corner to get a good run down the Kemmel straight.  I cut it a little more than I probably should have as I was a little wide of the apex of the up hill right hander (Raidillon).  GT Sport is quite lax about track limits but I figure we're all gentlemen.....well honourable....well mostly honest here.

Yeah, I think you'll let me have that corner/straight 😄

2:19.292 is the fastest lap based on our little time trial session online last night. I don't think I got a tow so i'll take that.

GTS
N800 is a bastard to drive but rewarding when you get it right. Choosing car will be easy as I've only 4 or 5 in that category. Though the track is not a favourite it's fun in this category.

AC
My monitor has arrived so I'll prolly get back on AC tomorrow, and this track was also on GTS, so I know the layout. Interesting choice of cars [emoji39]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yup, it is.  I did a few laps with the Lambo to record the below but last time we used the N800 class I found the Aston Martin Vulcan faster.  So I'll be giving the a go even though it's such a pig to drive.

I was quite surprised by AC, the SLS handles quite differently in AC than GT.  I've had some massive oversteer moments in AC but find the GT Sport version quite stable.  In AC, the track is slightly different too, it's more slippery running wide between T2 and T3 and it's horrible trying to hop the kerbs at the chicane at the end of the lap.

Reference laps for y'all too.  As for round 1, these are done after 5-10 laps so I know there's room for improvement but should work well as a guide.

GT Sport (1:34.582) - Part of a clean lap round here to really cut the chicane at turns 2, 3 & 4 - even in sport mode you can hook one wheel inside the sausage kerbs and get away with it.  Plenty of time is also gained getting a good run out of t4, the chican and the final corner - though on this lap I went a bit too deep in to T13 and T14.

AC (2:01.114) - Similar to above, you can get a decent chunk of time if you get out of the hairpin at the bottom of the hill (T8), T12 and the final corner.  Most of the rest of the track is just about keeping your minimum corner speeds up.

3 hours ago, Greboth said:
Yup, it is.  I did a few laps with the Lambo to record the below but last time we used the N800 class I found the Aston Martin Vulcan faster.  So I'll be giving the a go even though it's such a pig to drive.

I was quite surprised by AC, the SLS handles quite differently in AC than GT.  I've had some massive oversteer moments in AC but find the GT Sport version quite stable.  In AC, the track is slightly different too, it's more slippery running wide between T2 and T3 and it's horrible trying to hop the kerbs at the chicane at the end of the lap.

Reference laps for y'all too.  As for round 1, these are done after 5-10 laps so I know there's room for improvement but should work well as a guide.

GT Sport (1:34.582) - Part of a clean lap round here to really cut the chicane at turns 2, 3 & 4 - even in sport mode you can hook one wheel inside the sausage kerbs and get away with it.  Plenty of time is also gained getting a good run out of t4, the chican and the final corner - though on this lap I went a bit too deep in to T13 and T14.

[/url]  

AC (2:01.114) - Similar to above, you can get a decent chunk of time if you get out of the hairpin at the bottom of the hill (T8), T12 and the final corner.  Most of the rest of the track is just about keeping your minimum corner speeds up.

Try the Mach Forty in GTS. I only did three laps and already at 1:34.596

It's not easy to drive but it's got a lot of power, can easily take seconds off that I'd say.

Tried the Vulcan but its too slow IMO.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'll have to give the Mach Forty a go 🙂 I don't own it but I can easily buy it.  Any car with good straight line speed will be good round here so I can see why the Vulcan could suffer.  I've also got the Aston Martin One-77 which could be handy.  I think I'll have to log on and mess around with all the cars and see which one seems to the best and give a fast lap another go.

It is a challenge producing the reference laps, balancing the need to do some practice to drive a relatively fast lap with posting it early enough in the week to be useful.  Still it show the lines to take and where time can be gained but if the Mach40 or other car is signifcantly faster, I can alwas record another lap 🙂

On 6/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Greboth said:

These weeks roll around fast - Week 2

GT Sport

Car Class: N800

Track: Dragon Trail Gardens

AC

Car 1: KTM X-Box R

Car 2: Mercedes SLS GT3

Track: Nurburgring GP Circuit

50058565237_ea36a89d2e_o.jpg

Love this Greebs, it'd help me if it was 2 separate pics going forward cos we can put them up in different places and see if others want to join the fun (i can separate this one in abit for further use).

I'll have to have a look what N800 cars i own. I haven't had time to put AC in yet so this may be a good time to try it. Looks like there is wheel wear on it though which doesn't bode well for slideyslideysmashaccelarator guy over here 😬

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Love this Greebs, it'd help me if it was 2 separate pics going forward cos we can put them up in different places and see if others want to join the fun (i can separate this one in abit for further use).

I'll have to have a look what N800 cars i own. I haven't had time to put AC in yet so this may be a good time to try it. Looks like there is wheel wear on it though which doesn't bode well for slideyslideysmashaccelarator guy over here 😬

I can make them separate next time 👍

You can choose what settings you use for a practice session.  So you can set the track to the fastest, tyre wear off, damage off etc.  

I don’t use the standard AC launcher so not sure where these options are but I can have a look after work.

@GazzaGarratt Assuming that the menu system is the same on console as it is on PC, then when you go to practice there's 4 vertical panels at the bottom; Session, Realism, Opponents and Results.

In Session I'd suggest setting wind to none and track surface to optimum.  Then in realism, set mechanical damage off, tyre blankets on, fuel consumption off and tyre wear off.

The rest is up to you but the above should give you the best hotlapping settings.

@G_dub52 tagging you in too as I know you're new to this too.

Thank you 🙂 I got some practice laps in today to get used to the track and cars but no times to disclose yet 🤣 some improvement is needed! 

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

I don’t know if it’s the quickest but the Vulcan aint slow as I just got a 1:31.903 with it.

A few small mistakes so with some more laps I think I could get the Vulcan down to a 31.5.  But time for food and I think some AC later.

Not a bad night on AC, got my Merc SLS time down to 1:59.978 though my theoretical best is a 59.3 so some more time to be found if I can string my sectors together.

I tried out the KTM too and got a 2:15.400 but I only did 4 laps so definitely more time to be found there.

I don’t know if it’s the quickest but the Vulcan aint slow as I just got a 1:31.903 with it.

A few small mistakes so with some more laps I think I could get the Vulcan down to a 31.5.  But time for food and I think some AC later.
I went back to the Vulcan and got a 1:33.180

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A new Monday, a new combo 🙂

Round 3
GT
Car: N400
Track: Willow Springs (Big Willow

AC
Car 1: McLaren 650 GT3
Car 2: Shelby Cobra 429 SC
Track: Black Cat County