Track: Autodromo Da Interlagos

AC
Car 1: McLaren P1
Car 2: Toyota AE86 Tuned
Track: Zandvoort
Gr 1 eh[emoji846][emoji102]

I've done 6 laps at Interlagos in the R18 and best so far is:

1:21.024

I did a low 1:20 but I think I would have a penalty for cutting the first corner too much so I'm discounting it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So I tried out the AC combo this week and the cars are so different.  The AE86 is a blast to drive, if you overcook it the back comes out but it's very controllable.  Though as ever highlights my need to practice my heel and toe more.  The P1 is just mind bendingly fast, the brakes on it are better than the AE86 but you have to brake so much earlier for corners just because of the speed you build up.

Still, got a 2:04.485 with the AE86 and a 1:41.999 with the P1.  My theoretical best time for both is faster though so I think there's more time to be found.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I don’t think the VGT is faster anyway, managed a 21 something with it as my best lap in 10 laps but got a 1:20.455 with the Peugeot on my second lap.
1:20.436 R18 ('11)

I can shave a bit more off I reckon.

I'll give Assetto a proper go too as I've been neglecting it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

See now I’m conflicted, I want you to beat me in one of these rounds but now you are I just want to go do more laps and beat you [emoji38]
Do it man, competition in sport makes me better[emoji847]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So I tried out the AC combo this week and the cars are so different.  The AE86 is a blast to drive, if you overcook it the back comes out but it's very controllable.  Though as ever highlights my need to practice my heel and toe more.  The P1 is just mind bendingly fast, the brakes on it are better than the AE86 but you have to brake so much earlier for corners just because of the speed you build up.

Still, got a 2:04.485 with the AE86 and a 1:41.999 with the P1.  My theoretical best time for both is faster though so I think there's more time to be found.
I'm about 10 seconds down in both cars so far but I'm still learning the track.

Great choice of cars, you can really have fun with the AE86 though, makes me want to skid round all the corners [emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I'm about 10 seconds down in both cars so far but I'm still learning the track.

Great choice of cars, you can really have fun with the AE86 though, makes me want to skid round all the corners emoji16.png

Well I didn't pick them, thank the randomiser for that 😄  Though yeah, agree the 86 is great, turn up the differential locking and you can hang the back out so much 😄

Driving last night, I knocked a few tenths off and got my ae86 time down to 2:04.065.  Though my theoretical best is a 3.7 so might give it another go some point.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:24 PM, Greboth said:

C-c-c-c-combo breaker

Round 5
GT
Car: Gr1
Track: Autodromo Da Interlagos

AC
Car 1: McLaren P1
Car 2: Toyota AE86 Tuned
Track: Zandvoort

I went to try it but I don't have a Gr1 Car and they're £1million credits each. FML. I'll see if I can get AC in and work that out.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:59 PM, phil bottle said:

I did a low 1:20 but I think I would have a penalty for cutting the first corner too much so I'm discounting it.

I'd say it's fine cos your name isn't @Greboth 😃

I don't know about anyone else but I struggle to race in this heat!  But that doesn't stop the combo's coming

GT Sport:

Car Class: N600

Track: Tokyo Expressway Central Inner Loop

Assetto Corsa

Car 1: Lotus 2Eleven

Car 2: BMW M3 E30 Group A

Track: Nurburgring Sprint

The original roll was N100 but that would have been flat out the whole way round this loop so re-rolled to N600 which seems far more challenging.
I've done a 1:17 in the Jag, but I may have bounced off the wall more than once, so no good[emoji849]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I don’t know how you do it Phil, I can’t face turning my pc or ps4 on in this heat.

To be fair with the walls, I think it depends how you hit them whether it would gain or lose you time.
I keep turning the PC on at night and then being too afraid to actually play any games on it in case it melts[emoji16]

I have two PS4s so I'm more gung ho.

And I'm sweating like an altar boy at a priest's retreat whatever I do[emoji849]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Damn Phil you’re fast at this combo.  I tried the S2000 and the McLaren but couldn’t get close.  So I tried the Ferrari but still only squeezed a 1:16.8.

I tried the AC combo out and got
BMW 1:41.257
Lotus: 1:40.4
Ah well, as it turns out, without bumping, touching or grazing a single wall I'm in the high 1:18s [emoji22]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg