Comes out June 23rd. Only stumbled on it when looking for AC for PS4.

Can someone explain how this is different to the standard AC game thats already out? Is it a brand new game or the same game with extra content? Didn't even know the AC franchise existed before Greebs started talking about it here.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Comes out June 23rd. Only stumbled on it when looking for AC for PS4.

Can someone explain how this is different to the standard AC game thats already out? Is it a brand new game or the same game with extra content? Didn't even know the AC franchise existed before Greebs started talking about it here.
AC has been out since 2012 while ACC first launched in 2018. ACC is specifically focused on Gt3 and endurance racing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Standard AC is a great game - it's got everything a racing sim should; a decent selection of tracks with car spanning the years from road cars, to GT and single single seaters.  Where AC really shines though is on the PC as you can mod it - Not all mods are free but a lot are and those you pay for are usually pretty cheap.  It isn't only cars and tracks though they add a lot - mods have been created to effectively update the game - adding more varied weather types, better shaders and textures as well as hosts of other QoL stuff.

AC:C is very similar to AC in look and feel but limited to only the GT cars and tracks of the Blancpain GT series.  Currently this is only GT3 cars but there will be GT4 cars coming in the future.  If you prefer your GT racing then ACC is the way to go.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

So looks like Jimmer approves

Some things I didn’t realise about it on console like limiting it to 30fps but it makes sense.  The best and most important news is the physics engine is the same.  From Jimmers reaction, the cars handle the same so that’s great to hear.

So looks like Jimmer approves

Some things I didn’t realise about it on console like limiting it to 30fps but it makes sense.  The best and most important news is the physics engine is the same.  From Jimmers reaction, the cars handle the same so that’s great to hear.
lol I'm so predictable, watched this yesterday and then bought it immediately [emoji28]

Had time last night for a quick couple of laps round Monza.
Controller settings are a bit twitchy and oversteery I think.. but it's just been released so I'm sure that can be fine tuned.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Interesting Phil,  any reason you went for it on the ps4 over the pc version?
I will likely end up with both but I'm happy learning AC on PC for the moment, that will keep me occupied for a while[emoji846]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well, without a monitor the last couple of days I've been playing this on the PS4 Pro.

I thought the controls for the pad were a bit off at first but I slightly adjusted the sensitivity and all was fine.

It's harder than Gran Turismo Sport but more satisfying and you really have to concentrate.

The sound is very immersive. Srsly.

I'll probably pick it up tonight on Steam too, just waiting for my new monitor to arrive...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

How are the AI on console Phil?

On PC, They’re not perfect but they’re some of my favourite AI’s.  As they can really push, seem to take chances at making passes and don’t back out if you squeeze them.  Which makes me wonder if/how the AI is different on console.

How are the AI on console Phil?

On PC, They’re not perfect but they’re some of my favourite AI’s.  As they can really push, seem to take chances at making passes and don’t back out if you squeeze them.  Which makes me wonder if/how the AI is different on console.
I like how you can adjust their difficulty and aggressiveness.

They've managed to put the game on console using the same engine, so I imagine it'll be the same but yeah I've had a few moments where they have surprised me[emoji39]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

A good look at the upcoming gt4 dlc for ACC.

GT cars are my favourite racing class so I’ve been looking forward to this.  The cars all sound unique and fun to drive.  Plus the addition of multi-class racing with the GT3 bigger brothers is always a bonus.

25 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Some amazing cars in there Greebs. How much is the DLC? You getting it?

It’s not been announced yet how much it will be.  Though it should be out today so we should find out soon.

What a silly question though, of course I’ll be getting it.

Edit, It’ll be out in steam today.  Console will be getting it in a few months or so apparently.

So the GT4 pack is £18 which I don’t think is bad for 11 new cars.  Sadly no new tracks as the gt4 raced on the same tracks as the gt3 cars.

I’ve been playing with it since release and it’s great fun.  The cars are slower (obviously) but the racing is still as fun.  I’ve yet to try multiclass racing but will try to find a server with it soon as I’d like to see how well it works.

So the GT4 pack is £18 which I don’t think is bad for 11 new cars.  Sadly no new tracks as the gt4 raced on the same tracks as the gt3 cars.

I’ve been playing with it since release and it’s great fun.  The cars are slower (obviously) but the racing is still as fun.  I’ve yet to try multiclass racing but will try to find a server with it soon as I’d like to see how well it works.
Dont mind buying DLC for a new dimension to the game but hopefully any new tracks will be free..[emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Dont mind buying DLC for a new dimension to the game but hopefully any new tracks will be free..emoji16.png

I doubt we'll get free tracks as the problem with new tracks is that the tracks are the one used in the Blancpain GT Series and the GT4 series uses the same tracks.  So unless ACC gets licence for JGTC (for example) I doubt well see new tracks but then it'll be sold as a JGTC pack.  But tbh they aren't taking the piss with the number of dlc packs and the prices have been good value so I'm more than happy to buy the dlc is this continues.

I doubt we'll get free tracks as the problem with new tracks is that the tracks are the one used in the Blancpain GT Series and the GT4 series uses the same tracks.  So unless ACC gets licence for JGTC (for example) I doubt well see new tracks but then it'll be sold as a JGTC pack.  But tbh they aren't taking the piss with the number of dlc packs and the prices have been good value so I'm more than happy to buy the dlc is this continues.
Yeah, I'm not sure I feel the same way. Maybe I'm spoilt with all the free content from GT Sport. I was happy to pay for the Hamilton dlc simply because of all the free updates that went before it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So ACC has had quite a major update yesterday.

All covered nicely here;

The cliff notes though are;

- Improced physics engine which now runs at 400hz

- A few tweaks to the tyres model with respect to heat transfer and management

- Added the BMW 4 series GT3 car

- Added DLSS for nVidia and FFX for AMD gpu’s

It’s the DLSS I’m most interested in as ACC is a pig to run in VR.  So hopefully with the benefit of DLSS it will be possible to get a usuable framerate in VR.