Office/Gaming Chair Advice

Middle Class Caveman

Hi folks,

ive decided to set up a small desk/office space in my house as I’m currently set up at the kitchen table and it’s getting old fast.

Can anyone recommend a decent chair for a heavier man?

I’ve been looking at the Secretlab Omega series chairs as they do a cool batman one! However, I have no real experience of them: Omega Chair

Any advice is welcome!

signatures small.jpg

I got me one of these ..

WWW.NOBLECHAIRS.CO.UK

A real hero! No matter how difficult the battle or the stressful day, you can always count on him. Sophisticated details and an impressive form.

due to my height, don’t know your weight / physical dimensions but there’s plenty of width to the seat. Bloody thing weighs 30kg but it’s well engineered and a lovely bit of kit. I don’t regret a penny of the price tag 10/10

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

43 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I got me one of these ..

WWW.NOBLECHAIRS.CO.UK

A real hero! No matter how difficult the battle or the stressful day, you can always count on him. Sophisticated details and an impressive form.

due to my height, don’t know your weight / physical dimensions but there’s plenty of width to the seat. Bloody thing weighs 30kg but it’s well engineered and a lovely bit of kit. I don’t regret a penny of the price tag 10/10

those look very similar to the Secretlab ones, I guess they’re probably all made somewhere similar in Asian 🙈

signatures small.jpg

This is probably the most sensible advice but I'm lost when it comes to chairs.....any advice?
If you can find a second hand Herman Miller, they have a very good reputation, just a tad expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@The3rdWalker 's right that 'gamer' chairs are super inflated but if you have that one chance to buy the one you want rather than work to a budget, I still don't think you can find anything better than Secret Labs chairs. Mine is from the Titan series - link below.

collection-titan-series_grande.png?v=158
SECRETLABCHAIRS.CO.UK

Sit incredibly easily with the Secretlab TITAN—the large, spacious gaming chair with an integrated lumbar support. Upgrade your sitting experience now.

I know that @Plumbers Crack 's choice wasn't far off this one. I think both support your body and the quality is ridiculously good. I've never ever spent this type of money on one before and i'd say only ever do it if you've got that chance to not think of the price. Otherwise, anything like @crispymorgan 's chair that was 200 is probably the target area you'd focus on. You have to balance out how much you'll be in it too. I'm in mine virtually every day for a number of hours so i'm getting my money's worth for sure.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@The3rdWalker 's right that 'gamer' chairs are super inflated but if you have that one chance to buy the one you want rather than work to a budget, I still don't think you can find anything better than Secret Labs chairs. Mine is from the Titan series - link below.

collection-titan-series_grande.png?v=158
SECRETLABCHAIRS.CO.UK

Sit incredibly easily with the Secretlab TITAN—the large, spacious gaming chair with an integrated lumbar support. Upgrade your sitting experience now.

I know that @Plumbers Crack 's choice wasn't far off this one. I think both support your body and the quality is ridiculously good. I've never ever spent this type of money on one before and i'd say only ever do it if you've got that chance to not think of the price. Otherwise, anything like @crispymorgan 's chair that was 200 is probably the target area you'd focus on. You have to balance out how much you'll be in it too. I'm in mine virtually every day for a number of hours so i'm getting my money's worth for sure.

Well, in hindsight I should have bought one 14 weeks ago because i've been spending 8+ hours a day at my dining table and these are not comfortable chairs. I have a habit of breaking chairs because of my weight and this particular chair i've been sitting in has certainly taking a beating. They aren't designed for this type of use I don't think lol.

Hopefully the secret lab ones come back in stock soon as I need to set up an office space moving forward for work, gaming and TTRPG

signatures small.jpg

3 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Well, in hindsight I should have bought one 14 weeks ago because i've been spending 8+ hours a day at my dining table and these are not comfortable chairs. I have a habit of breaking chairs because of my weight and this particular chair i've been sitting in has certainly taking a beating. They aren't designed for this type of use I don't think lol.

Hopefully the secret lab ones come back in stock soon as I need to set up an office space moving forward for work, gaming and TTRPG

I've had mine about a year know I think and there's literally no sign of wear, the cushions are still solid and you can sit in it for hours at a stretch and still walk when you stand up!! If you're unsure about it, when the 'Rona eases back, come up the A12 and try it for yourself

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork