Battlefield 3 Remastered

J4MES OX4D

Bit weird but I would take this. Not sure why they wouldn't just do a modern Battlefield 6 that continues in the spirit of BF4. Battlefield 6 with BF3 Remastered is an odd-concoction unless BF6 is another one of their stupid ideas that needs such a remaster to prop it up the same way MWR did with Infinite Warfare. Next year will be BF3's 10 year anniversary so it would make sense but BF6 is ultimately make or break.

Battlefield-3-Remaster.jpg
WCCFTECH.COM

A Battlefield 3 Remaster is currently in development, and it will be released alongside another Battlefield project in the future

Absolutely pointless. The original still puts a lot of contemporary games to shame in terms of graphics. Other than maybe turning the sun down a notch lol i don't really understand this.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Battlefield is in such a weird spot. I really didn't think much was wrong with Battlefield 1 but it continues to lag behind the CoD franchise. Its not helped by CoD actually hitting nearer the mark of late.

Everyone raves about Battlefield 4 so it could be worth trying something with the core of that and getting some creative gamemodes in it.

49 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Battlefield is in such a weird spot. I really didn't think much was wrong with Battlefield 1 but it continues to lag behind the CoD franchise. Its not helped by CoD actually hitting nearer the mark of late.

Everyone raves about Battlefield 4 so it could be worth trying something with the core of that and getting some creative gamemodes in it.

Battlefield 4 is probably way better than any COD game for the past 8 years but people buy into names rather than games so COD will always be more popular especially with its cosmetic format. COD getting a foothold in the PS3/360 genre was a pretty significant thing and it wasn't until the MW3 days did Battlefield really get noticed on console and even then it struggled because people were so used of COD. 

A modern Battlefield in the vein of BF4 now would absolutely wreck the MP of Modern Warfare and take a lot of players out of Warzone.  Having said all this though, Battlefield 1 sold over 25m units which is way more than any other COD since MW2 prior to MW2019 - BFV tanked the franchise though.

21 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

BF4 was/is absolutely fantastic. Easily one of the best shooters on the current generation of consoles.

fart.gif

BF4 had massive problems for nearly a year after release with net code being a massive issue but they put a lot of resources into and opened a new studio in LA to assist. In the end it was a very good game and the community maps were a great touch. Still personally prefer BF3 as I went from playing on Xbox 360 to PC and it was like going from night to day.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

BF3 was my first foray into the Battlefield series and had stuck with everything BF related until recently when I start playing CoD again after a long time. I wouldn't have a problem with them remastering this game tbh. However, BF6 needs to be as good as or preferably better than BF4 (which will be a hard act to follow), either way. If Dice get their shit together, I will be all over this when it comes out.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

BF4 had massive problems for nearly a year after release with net code being a massive issue but they put a lot of resources into and opened a new studio in LA to assist. In the end it was a very good game and the community maps were a great touch. Still personally prefer BF3 as I went from playing on Xbox 360 to PC and it was like going from night to day.

I probably didn't start playing it properly until 18 months had passed. The initial netcode plus the invisible barrier glitches were tragic. Thankfully they really turned it around - had it launched as stable as it ended, it probably would have caused huge damage to the likes of Ghosts, Advanced Warfare and even going into Black Ops 3. Large conquest matches were epic fun as were the battles on Locker and Metro.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:39 AM, phil bottle said:

BF4 had massive problems for nearly a year after release with net code being a massive issue 

Oh god yes! The netcode and server issues made it horrible to play at launch. But once they fixed it then it was excellent.

The campaign was also pretty decent. And it made me think "this looks incredible!" as I'd just made the jump to the PS4.

fart.gif