COD 2020 (Black Ops: Cold War?)

MrBiron

On 6/29/2020 at 9:41 AM, MrBiron said:

I really don't like the fact that health will be 150 and there is no Dead Silence again.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:13 AM, techno said:

I agree more so about no dead silence

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet though has it? However, i'm with you if it does. Maybe its trying to follow the footsteps of this new one trying to be different which overall I think has been a positive step.

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Nothing has been officially confirmed yet though has it? However, i'm with you if it does. Maybe its trying to follow the footsteps of this new one trying to be different which overall I think has been a positive step.

A positive step towards slot of the community and Scump rating it trash and the worst cod ever.

No dead silence is a big negative for me, I just hate the sound of my own footsteps

Dead Silence is almost a staple of the CoD multiplayer experience. Unless the sound system is absolutely on point, then it'll just be a mess like it was in MW. They'll probably say something like ''We've removed dead silence but in return you get 150 health so it bAlAnCeS itself out''

It's when they start removing tactical stuff and changing things up do they get into conceptual messes - even a couple of doors in MW literally changed how entire maps were played. All these years later and they still can't grasp the basics. 

The lack of Dead Silence has just completely killed MW2019 for me. I like to be able to run around the map and in that game you can't as you can be heard from miles away. I distinctly remember playing S&D with you lot one night and I lost the round because somebody was sat in a corner and they heard exactly where I was even though I was crouch walking. That just isn't fun. It doesn't suit my play-style for COD; I can play slow,tactical game (Siege, Hunt) but COD is supposed to be fast paced. I can jump on BO4 and have much more fun playing that game because DS is in the game.

fart.gif

This game is official now 

No mention at all of Sledgehammer games [emoji848]
Reveal coming today apparently. I still think it'll be an unfinished mess at launch.
The game has three names, that's already a mess[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Any idea what the  release date is? Current CoD battle pass has about 50+ days left on it

No release date yet but I wouldn't expect anything before October at the earliest the way things are shaping up. They'll probably just release yet another battle pass and milk even more money in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I wonder if it will be "native" next gen or current gen?

It'll definitely just be a current gen game. The only difference with the PS5/XBSX version is potentially double the framerate (even though most people only have 50hz TV's🤣) and a higher texture preset.  

The good thing with Modern Warfare 2019 was at least the engine has bigger potential whereas from Ghosts all the way to Black Ops 4 it was pretty much a recycled PS3/360 engine stretched to all limits. 

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

No release date yet but I wouldn't expect anything before October at the earliest the way things are shaping up. They'll probably just release yet another battle pass and milk even more money in the meantime. 

In fairness, if you play CoD regularly you only for the battle pass once, they made the mistake of having enough CoD points available in each pass (if you complete ~85% of it) to pay for the next one

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

9 hours ago, techno said:

Enough of all this teaser bullshit just drop a fucking trailer or some actual news of delays or release dates it's embarrassing.🥱

Teasers are fine in February or March. But having them in August is just retarded. I like them early in the year, now I'm not interested at all as we should be seeing the game already.

fart.gif

9 hours ago, techno said:

Enough of all this teaser bullshit just drop a fucking trailer or some actual news of delays or release dates it's embarrassing.🥱

Everyone is so sick of this marketing campaign - it's so pretentious and only seems to exist so YouTuber's can milk a few COD videos. The mystery box puzzles was just painful and it's kinda pointless if ordinary users can't join in and then the content creators are told how to solve all the convoluted steps. It's like having a 50 step treasure hunt and still being told where the treasure is. We already know the name of the game and the era so I'm not sure why they are trying to milk it all as a mystery. 

I haven't seen any hype for the new CoD anywhere really. It shows how well MW has done for them and they should recognise that as a key change in their franchise.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I haven't seen any hype for the new CoD anywhere really. It shows how well MW has done for them and they should recognise that as a key change in their franchise.

If it wasn't for Warzone, I think MW would have struggled this year and there would have been far greater interest in the new Black Ops. People are kinda getting tired of Warzone now but the new COD isn't really peaking interest probably because of burnout. The series is getting really old and the traditional COD multiplayer is stale just like deathmatch as a whole. I think battle royale will be milked for a few more years and then we'll have to see what the latest trend or tech is in gaming but I don't think since Black Ops 2 has the core multiplayer really had that huge market impact.