PS5 Event June 11th

J4MES OX4D

Xbox One S learned a valuable lesson with digital-only so disc version all the way. There is no logical reason to get a digital system over the disc one especially if the latter does everything the digital one does.

Quite an interesting and varied selection of games but only a few really stood out but not enough to force me to buy a PS5 immediately. Demon Souls, new HZD and a couple others looked decent but many did seem the usual new gen type of weird titles.

Way more encouraging than the Xbox range but both consoles will need some big AAA titles on top else it’ll just be a repeat of this gen to start with.

Good presentation, though not blown over by any of the new games, but the offering is a lot better than shown at the Miscrosoft event.

An Elders Scrolls 6 or GTA 6 would have been the only thing to make me want this straight away.

Hope GT7 will be available on PS4.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Games wise it didn't really sell it. The console itself looks very nice.  I won't be able to afford it this time round, maybe in 2-3 years I'll hope to be able to consider it, by which time they'll have better working versions and the game library will be decent. 

And it would be disc all the way, especially if it turns out to be backwards compatible. Plus digital on consoles is stupid expensive when the discs can be had much cheaper. 

I'm actually glad we've got a white version from the get go. It'll keep the wife happy, that's for sure 😄

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Looks good, I'll go for a black one probably. Any news on a release date? 

They didn't release any dates or extra details on how it works. The only extra detail i think we got outside of the game reveals and gameplay is the controller details. The controller has motion in-built (so a Wii controller) and also audio and speaker inbuilt into it. It looks like if you break it, a replacement will likely cost 80-10 based on how it looks and the kit inside it. I personally think they might bring out a cheaper version of the controller that doesn't have all the fancy bits.

I'm excited for it. Trailers for the better games were on point. HZD2 and Gran Turismo looked amazing. Its only goign to get better once developers move to the new system to build games.

Love the look of that Spider-Man one. Guessing that will probably be limited edition...

the one thing I didn’t like about the launch was the re-release of GTA V again. For a game that has now spanned 3 console generations, it really smacks of a company that really doesn’t care about trying to build something new and would rather flog the exact same poor cow again and again and again. I’m almost surprised we didn’t see an announcement that Skyrim will be rereleased on the ps5 as well...

on the plus side my wife got very excited about ratchet and clank and that bugsnax game 🤣

APmVvKG.gif

It's to do with disc seek times. Ps5 will be ssd and there's no need to stripe data for rotational drives. You can remove the need for multiple entries of textures because they don't need to be sequential. Pc had to accommodate rotational drives even if only part of legacy specifications.

They say PC may have to readjust how it does things based on the new way of managing memory, I wonder if this reveal will offer much tech info?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

ps5onside-1591916280600.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

A Sony executive shared how the PS5 UI will be a complete overhaul over the PS4 OS.

I'm glad they are doing a overhaul as the PS4 UI was pretty dated, quite messy and awfully clunky at times.  I hope they don't go too far into Microsoft territory where the interface is needlessly bloated and complex though. A responsive, functional and visually clean one is all that's needed.