Green Fingered Mofuckah

Ok so I'm opening this thread based off a couple of conversations I've had this week. As you all have probably noticed most people have taken to the garden to spend the holiday funds as lockdown is still upon us. So with being said I'm offering my services for those who are in need of guidance to do with that space out front/back you hope to improve on. For the record I hold a full chemical license, bluebook(chainsaw), member of the IOGG with my HND. Hopefully I should be able to help people out if they need it.

Via the FG App

Hi Aaron,

This is a Hibiscus that was moved about 4-5 weeks ago and potted as a temporary measure. It has been watered. Is it dead?

IMG_20200528_161557.thumb.jpeg.e10145337cfd84c021d4610dc18a58d0.jpeg

Via the FG App
Scrape a tiny piece of bark off, if there's green just under it there's life it not its decked. Do it close to the bottom though bud because individual stems/stroke branches can die off to help the plant recover. After you do the test scrape cover it with good ole gardeners paint aka mud. The rose of smyrna can be a cunt to move but they do like it a little on the drier side of life. Spray all the bark down aswell to promote new growing points.

Via the FG App

5 hours ago, Nutcuttlit said:

Scrape a tiny piece of bark off, if there's green just under it there's life it not its decked. Do it close to the bottom though bud because individual stems/stroke branches can die off to help the plant recover. After you do the test scrape cover it with good ole gardeners paint aka mud. The rose of smyrna can be a cunt to move but they do like it a little on the drier side of life. Spray all the bark down aswell to promote new growing points.

Via the FG App

It’s an ex-Hibiscus, it’s shuffled of this mortal coil, etc. But thanks for the tips and what’s the free shoe polish?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

It’s an ex-Hibiscus, it’s shuffled of this mortal coil, etc. But thanks for the tips and what’s the free shoe polish?
Ah well can't save em all, the free shoe polish is the flowers you can shine leather with them brilliantly. Hibiscus oil or camillia is found in most shoe polish.

Via the FG App

Sorry just got to this. Depends if they are just green foliage I suggest seaweed extract. If they are flowering blood and bone meal mixed through compost will do the job but if you want mega amounts of flowers and still keep it looking green as an envious neighbour go for any 20-20-20 based fertiliser.

Via the FG App

On 6/10/2020 at 10:27 AM, Nutcuttlit said:

Sorry just got to this. Depends if they are just green foliage I suggest seaweed extract. If they are flowering blood and bone meal mixed through compost will do the job but if you want mega amounts of flowers and still keep it looking green as an envious neighbour go for any 20-20-20 based fertiliser.

Via the FG App

I'll take a look at that seaweed stuff, thanks mate. I don't plan to have many plants yet, tidying up the garden first so its more usable but i've always wanted to make some coffin planters for my front garden thats huge but I can't do much with.

Any suggestion as to what is affecting my tomato plants ?

I was wondering if it is early blight, but it didnt look like any of the pictures i had seen. where the leaves are like this, those browny patches appear to be dried out and dead leaf tissue.

1309966502_20200620_115701(1).thumb.jpg.18e5c69c4db23aeef4012347b837a026.jpg

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Adam, have a look at this...

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=391

Also, from the picture you have your plants too close together. You gotta let the air circulate and the closer they are together, the easier it is for disease to spread. You can trim off the lower leaves as well, they'll get bigger as the plant grows so get shot of them. Don't forget to feed the plants as well after the first truss sets

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 6/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Adam, have a look at this...

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=391

Also, from the picture you have your plants too close together. You gotta let the air circulate and the closer they are together, the easier it is for disease to spread. You can trim off the lower leaves as well, they'll get bigger as the plant grows so get shot of them. Don't forget to feed the plants as well after the first truss sets

they get aired out once a day to stop moisture build up and get some air in, but there isnt much else i can do as i have limited space.

The leaf spot are due to the extremes of temp we had up here, was very cold for a week now its shot up to about 18-20 and is forecast to stay that way all week.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Hey ho sorry again for the late response, because of heat stress and moisture issues I never grow tomatoes the conventional way. Gonna sound crazy but I grow mine hanging upside down, no staking, excellent moisture run off and higher yield due to less impact on damage from normal maintenance practices. The marks of leaves is caused by irregular watering and sun scorch through water droplets. It's definitely not a decease or pest because it very localised.

Via the FG App