World Goth Day

phil bottle

According to Twitter it's World Goth Day today, which made me chuckle. It got me thinking though, we used to laugh at goths when we were kids, especially in the summertime, but some of the bands did knock out some decent tunes. Anything I remember during today I will add to this thread, but for now:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well this is creepy AF. 

I was literally just saying to Kyla yesterday, "I wonder what happened to the goths, we haven't seen any in ages". 

This of course resulted in comments like "because everyone's in lockdown you fucking idiot" and I said "yes but on public transport on stuff" and she said "because you're never on public transport you fucking idiot" and so on, good times.

banlol.png

I saw UK Decay (the band name on that dancing Goth's jacket) at The Union on the Trent embankment in Nottingham back in the Eighties, fucking good times. Place was packed with all the Notts punks, everyone knew everyone. Saw some cracking bands there in it's hey day!!

I saw UK Decay (the band name on that dancing Goth's jacket) at The Union on the Trent embankment in Nottingham back in the Eighties, fucking good times. Place was packed with all the Notts punks, everyone knew everyone. Saw some cracking bands there in it's hey day!!
Ah nice one man, I plan to do an A to Z of punk on here at some point, a much maligned music genre[emoji106][emoji109]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

31 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Ah nice one man, I plan to do an A to Z of punk on here at some point, a much maligned music genreemoji106.pngemoji109.png

Looking forwards to that one mate. I haven't been so keen on the latter day stuff to be honest, maybe the nostalgia from when punk was new and pissed off the establishment has something to do with that. I was lucky to see some top punk bands from those times, Missed out on the Pistols though as was just that bit too young (believe it or not) to go gigging when they were at their peak.

Rock City in Nottingham is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this year, top gig venue and I still go now when I can. So many good memories had in that place, as well as others. This is a bit of a pre-curser to Goth. Saw Killing Joke in Manchester in 1982 with my Mrs when we were very young and first together before our lives went in different directions before getting back together some 14 years ago. First gig we ever went to together! Ian McCullock from Echo and The Bunnymen was there in the crowd as well!  I think my Mrs still has the photo. 😁 While I was up there for that weekend she took me to the Virgin Megastore where strangely we turned down one aisle only to run into Pete Shelley from the Buzzcocks, I think I still have the fag packet he signed for me somewhere 🤣

Love that NMA track Phil but are they really Goths? 
Their fans mostly are [emoji16] but its true they kind of cross punk, goth and even folk but yeah they're from Bradford and wear clogs [emoji6]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm pretty shocked we haven't heard from @Greboth yet, then again he may be just enjoying his special day. Happy Gothday to you, Greebs!