Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Here's hoping it's like how Black Flag felt different to many previous ones and hopefully a great story through it. I mean, its Vikings, so its gotta be.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 5/1/2020 at 10:04 AM, MrBiron said:

If it's anything like the previous 2 games then it'll be excellent. Looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay.

Haven't played the last 2 - how different were they to Black Flag? I think their formula is pretty consistent and steady now so I never expect too much new stuff.

Don't think I've played any AC game since the one where you were a native american. This did catch my eye thought and depending on eventual reviews and general feedback I might pick this up. Used to love the old AC games.

12 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Don't think I've played any AC game since the one where you were a native american. This did catch my eye thought and depending on eventual reviews and general feedback I might pick this up. Used to love the old AC games.

The Norwegian rage machine noticed a Viking game!!

Looks an interesting setting. I'm not a big fan of the likes of Origins and Odyssey as I found them to be far too bloated with filler to support the grindy level-gating. If they can move away from selling boosters and create a proper open world experience then I may look to get back into the series. With the last two games, I felt like I was chasing icons for mundane tasks to get XP so I could resume the story and then spending a lot of time in the menus dismantling meaningless gear. 

They overhauled the hell out of Ghost Recon Breakpoint and removed all the crap in that so hopefully they'll move away from this for this AC game. 

8 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Looks an interesting setting. I'm not a big fan of the likes of Origins and Odyssey as I found them to be far too bloated with filler to support the grindy level-gating. If they can move away from selling boosters and create a proper open world experience then I may look to get back into the series. With the last two games, I felt like I was chasing icons for mundane tasks to get XP so I could resume the story and then spending a lot of time in the menus dismantling meaningless gear. 

They overhauled the hell out of Ghost Recon Breakpoint and removed all the crap in that so hopefully they'll move away from this for this AC game. 

I liked Origins and Odyssey because I prefer that it was more RPG orientated. But I agree the level gating was bollocks. I'd rather that enemies just scaled with your level you can go at your own pace. 

fart.gif

16 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I liked Origins and Odyssey because I prefer that it was more RPG orientated. But I agree the level gating was bollocks. I'd rather that enemies just scaled with your level you can go at your own pace. 

People said that buying the boosters dramatically improved the experience and cut out a lot of the bloated stuff. If they are going to do with the XP gating route then I'd rather they gave the players the choice on how much xp they would earn i.e 3x more if you wanted a quicker experience or standard xp for the full one. The way they've done it just shows that it's all about the boosters but hopefully they'll cut out this format for this game. They could also perhaps reduce the size of the world as bigger doesn't always mean better and that's where a lot of filler comes from.

If they moved away from this format and made it more like The Witcher 3 which was very nicely paced, their games would be really amazing and the impact of the boosters alone just goes to show. 

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Here's the 'gameplay' trailer that was promised by Microsoft and Ubisoft that contains NO gameplay

9 seconds in, check out the character circled. Slowly levitating, then going through the table 😂 They couldn't even get none gameplay working properly

AssCreed.png

9 seconds in, check out the character circled. Slowly levitating, then going through the table [emoji23] They couldn't even get none gameplay working properly
AssCreed.thumb.png.96dc207e9b93038a83fd38aad40802c3.png
[emoji28][emoji23][emoji1787]ffs

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Has any actual game footage been released yet?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not yet but after the backlash they've received, they may have no choice but to release proper gameplay like they've promised very soon. I'm sick of publishers like this trying to pull the wool over people's eyes or mislead.