Wreckfest

How in the world has this game past us by for this many months?! If you ever played Destruction Derby back in the day, this game has revamped and restyled it in a way that really works.

Couldn't find many videos but this IGN review covers quite abit of it.

Driving

As you'd think on the face of it it's just an average smash up cars arcade game you'll be massively surprised how well the handling and overall driving experience is. I'd go as far as to say it's not far off GT Sport, probably on par with Dirt, which is impressive on it's own.

Gamemodes

There's Last Man Standing, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and then Racing - which includes the best for me which is Banger Racing. They give a lot variety coupled with different tracks. The risk of getting 'Wrecked' but going for the jugular on Banger Racing and Last Man Standing is awesome. You then also get the cheeky bar stewards nicking your kills in Deathmatch.

Tracks

Tons of tracks, lots of crossovers for ultimate destruction. It didn't take long to figure out what maps are which. So many different things can happen too. Won one race and then the next after 20 seconds I was literally obliterated on one straight!

Destruction

Oh man, so much damage can happen. It's even better when you see your engine smashed up and a wheel barely hanging on to your car. Makes up for all the laughs, especially in the most strangest cars/vans/trucks you'll see in a game.

Cars

There is a van that is called Killerpig, cos it is one. There is a Sofa Car, cos it's a Sofa Car. There's a School Bus, cos..you get it. And they all fit the game perfectly. Going hand in hand with the destruction and some more regular looking bangers cars, it all nicely fits into a big ball of metal and carnage.

Multiplayer

Max players I believe is 8 in our own lobby but you can add AI cars to make it 13. Theres also other lobbies you can join that are 16 players. I'm hoping it'll expand and support the 24 cars you can have in Deathmatch Single Playee mode.

Tldr: Our GTA FG Races built on purpose to be played that way. Destruction Derby FTW.

Oh and I should mention right now it's on PSN Sale £23.49. Considering half a dozen people have picked it up already I imagine it could be a good FG game to play in the coming months.

I love this game, i could honestly play it all day and not get bored.

You also earn xp and cr when playing in private matches.

Also the game reloads everytime you change something on the server you create, maps, gametypes etc. This means that from the time every's readied up, you have about 6 seconds before you're driving.

More people should defintiely pick this up, well worth it.

New Update has brought more depth to the game with a big tournament mode - and you can rank up 'Fame' to eventually get a few extra sweet cars it looks like. for a moment I thought it was a Tourney mode that you could play with friends but unfortunately not. Still, great to see a big update to the game so soon after buying it. Details below:

HIGHLIGHTS

• Tournament Mode
  • A new demolition derby arena: The Maw
  • Support for American All-Star Car Pack
  • Up to 80% shorter loading times
  • Stability and performance improvements

We're pleased to announce the availability of Tournament Update!

The eponymous Tournament Mode is all about putting your racing and wrecking skills to the ultimate test by competing in thrilling challenges, not only against the game, but also against the other players! It all boils down to being a boss by winning trophies in challenges and earning fame, with new challenges coming every day, every week and every month, and then using the acquired fame to claim exclusive rewards from the tournament shop, with new epic rewards each season. The daily challenges are like bite-size snacks, a fun thing that you can tackle each day to prepare you for the real meat of the Tournament Mode: the prestigious weekly and monthly challenges that make you face-off with the other players around the world in exciting time-limited leaderboard challenges, with the goal of conquering the leaderboards and being crowned the undisputed king of demolition!

Some of the Tournament Mode events are completed with DLC content, but in case you don't own the specific DLC no need to sweat because everyone can join! That also goes for the computer-controller AI Players, so for the first time you can actually race against computer-controlled DLC cars and special vehicles. We've also used the opportunity to tune the game for Tournament Mode so you can expect maximum action and maximum damage – in short, maximum carnage!

Speaking about DLCs, there's a new one out: American All-Star Car Pack! This new pack adds three new American heavy-hitters, each offering a different kind of gameplay experience. Grand Duke marks the return of the demolition derby royal that packs some serious punch, Wildking is a true American icon with a plenty of power to go forward fast, and Little Thrasher is great little truck that punches above its weight.

Of course, that's not all. Our love letter to the demolition derby fanatics gets another chapter in this update, and we're adding another new free demolition derby arena called The Maw! This one's like a deranged brother of Hellride and takes the battle onto a platform high-up, with the wimps and losers facing their untimely demise by falling off. In other news, we've also massively improved the loading times and dialed in a number of tweaks to help with online stability. We're also constantly working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback, and this release contains numerous other improvements and additions. Please find below a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

• Xbox: 1.4.0.0
  • PS4: 1.41
  • PC: 1.259287

CONTENT

• Added Tournament Mode.
  • Added a new free demolition arena: The Maw.
  • Added support for the new DLC: American All-Stars Car Pack.

SYSTEM

• Loading is now significantly faster (up to 80%).
  • (PC) Improved file system robustness.
  • (XB1) Improved title stability.

USER INTERFACE

• Updated HUD visuals.

GAMEPLAY AND VEHICLES

• On Tribend, the player no longer resets on top of the overhead walkway when resetting beneath it.
  • Random parts of the vehicle are no longer be missing when restarting the event while in a ghost mode.
  • Ghost mode is now automatically disabled when the event ends, eliminating blinking cars in the background of the post-race screens.
  • Ghost mode is now disabled after 15 seconds to prevent stuck AI cars from blinking forever.
  • Reduced the chance of wheelhubs getting stuck inside walls during heavy deformation.
  • Improved Bugzilla handling, suspension and visual damage.
  • It's now possible to use the front splitter without the front bumper on Roadcutter.
  • Honey Pot and Bumper Car wheels no longer get damaged from the slightest nudge.
  • Improved El Matador, Venom visual damage to prevent handling being destroyed when damaged.
  • Improved Honey Pot, Bumper Car and Sofa Car handling to make them less twitchy.
  • Fixed Wardigger torque curve.
  • Fixed Nexus side mirrors glitch.
  • Fixed Hornet wheel clipping.

MULTIPLAYER

• Output to server console and log is now performed asynchronously, improving stability.

AUDIO

• Front-end: The "Effects" volume slider now also works as master volume for "Interface Sound Effects".
  • Front-end: The "Interface Sound Effects" volume slider now also affects car part equip & counter sounds.
  • Front-end: Added variation to car part equip sound.
  • In-game: Each AI engine sound adjusted for smoother loudness across full rpm range.
  • In-game: AI engine sound optimizations to lower memory and processor requirements.
  • In-game: Removed flanging/phasing effects occurring with AI engine sounds at start of a race.
  • In-game: Add automation to lower music volume up to 3dB based on overall AI vehicle loudness (e.g. when driving amidst a dense pack of vehicles). Effect is disabled when music volume is configured below 75% in game settings.
  • In-game: Add 30-second end countdown sound effects to time-limited races (to signal player that race is about to end soon).
  • In-game: Added reverse gear warning sound effect for large player vehicles (Big Rig, Harvester, Motorhome and Schoolbus)
  • In-game: DSP effects settings, synthesis and automation tweaks for Big Rig.
    Let the carnage commence!

4 hours ago, slamminbones said:

https://youtu.be/aZa-1KW9bCA

@tronic44 @GazzaGarratt 
Was this an accident or deliberate?

I'll let you decide 😂 

Wanker 😂😂

Get that clip in the video section! 2 hours flies by on this.

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Clearly an accident 😂

You're a prick as well. Too many clips I've recorded from that session that you and Paul shafted me on. I'll have my revenge.

Has anyone seen the big fuck off truck you can work towards in the Tournament mode?! Its looks class. Anyone going for it at all? You need 30,000 Fame through playing the races and Destruction modes in Tourney mode.

75619890644846405e50124d10c9614fff9e489d.jpg

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Has anyone seen the big fuck off truck you can work towards in the Tournament mode?! Its looks class. Anyone going for it at all? You need 30,000 Fame through playing the races and Destruction modes in Tourney mode.

75619890644846405e50124d10c9614fff9e489d.jpg

Oh hell yeah im getting this, going to take a while though haha

57 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Oh hell yeah im getting this, going to take a while though haha

Yeah it is. You gotta keep doing the daily challenges as you can only get Fame from them once which is a shame. Not sure how much the big long challenges will give though when they expire.