Warzone: What works for you?

ChaosGladiator

As Warzone has been out for a while now and most of what was overpowered at the start has been well and truly countered by now, I wonder, what works for you?

To be a bit more specific, what guns do you find work better for you, what type of playstyle have you had the most success with, which perks do you run and what equipment do you use?

At the start I ran the very meta M4 and Thermal sniper overkill combo as well as a heartbeat sensor and depending on the safe zone I'd switch my playstyle from agressive to camping little cunt.

Lately it seems the M4 is still used by a lot of people, but I've moved away from it as I prefer the Grau 5.56, FAL, Aug and Ak-47. As for snipers, I barely use them now because running overkill has become riskier to run as a perk. More people are getting and using UAV's, so Ghost has become one of the perks I run the most. Where before 80% of my classes were set up with overkill and the remaining 20% had ghost, that's now switched.

Another reason I don't use the sniper is the lens glare. It's such a massive giveaway and even if the team you are trying to snipe doesn't see you, the chances are high a different team will see you. And where I used to run the thermal scopes before, I'm starting to consider taking it off. Everyone runs cold blooded now. This also makes the heartbeat sensor completely useless, where before using one would save you from running into a house full of campers, you just have to barge in and hope for the best now. I had heartbeat sensors on all of my Warzone classes, now I run the Gas grenade as it will force the enemy to hip fire their guns and will blur their vision. Not sure if it will still do that if they have a gas mask, but even if they do, they still have to hipfire while pulling it down which gives me an edge.

As for secondaries now that I've stopped running overkill on most classes, I've mostly been running the RPG. Used in the right situations and with a bit of luck this thing can be devastating. I've gotten so many double and tripple kills with this thing over the last week I could probably make a several minute montage out of it. You kinda rely on getting a munitions box to use it a lot though as the ammo for it seems pretty rare to find running around Verdansk. But there are other options! I've seen people run the akimbo revolvers and I've been completely mangled by them a couple of times myself. And then there's the new pistol, the Renetti. I'm trying my best to level this gun up at the moment after getting to try out Dark_Uprising's akimbo, burst Renetti's in warzone. A single tap on both triggers up close and whoever was in front of you is now on the floor 😄 This gun is a goddamn beast and I can't wait to get it akimbo'ed!

As for playstyle, I find I do better hugging the edge of the gas while trying to maintain at least some cover. I've stopped trying to go into buildings late game unless I'm 110% sure there is no one in there or I'm getting shot at and have no choice but to go inside to survive. Early game I don't mind pushing deeper into the circle in order to make sure you don't have to go too far as the storm tends to be faster early game than late game. I would also recommend doing the recon contracts if you can, getting that circle peek so you know where the circle is going is pretty damn big. If you manage to take control of a building that will be in one of the later circles early on, you are pretty much set for the whole game.

Nice thread Seb.

One thing I never go for is the Loadout Drops. I'm working towards having a loadout in case I ever need one but the whole idea of Warzone that makes it good is that you go searching for loot boxes and see what guns you can find.

Weapons

If I can find a purple or gold AR, not a burst one - the Grau variants I find are the best, followed by long distance SMGs, MP5 and clearly the AUG if you can find one.

Sniper for a secondary is ideal too. Semi-God Dragunov's can be a great pick up in the early stages of the circle closing in.

Shotguns are no-no for me. Only time I think they are useful is when you immediately land in a place with many buildings and players in the same place. The map is too big to waste a slot on a shotgun.

Killstreaks

When I'm usually on it's with @Stretch616  of late and we always pick up UAVs for $4000. So useful across the entire map, no matter when you use it. After that it's enough funds for a potential revive and lately using spare cash to get armour plates.

Tactical

Heartbeat Sensor FTW. Appreciate people trying to get around it by wearing cold-blooded but many dont wear that still so works for most of the time.

Lethal

Semtex or Molotov. I like Molotovs because you can lock someone in an entrance with the fire.

Playstyle

Usually it's around the edge of the circle to drop in and then it's all about making the game as fun packed as possible. So drop in, find guns and then either find a contract that's nearby or go for near players to grab kills and the cash. We do get a couple of games where we land lucky, get great drops and circle is on us and at those times we'll find a good building and camp up but I'd rather go out there and make the game more interesting.

Great thread sebba! I’ve only played about 4 games on WarZone and have no idea about layouts or anything. This was very useful for some that knows nothing haha

Will have to play more games and write something up myself, I just never know what gun I’m using haha

On 4/16/2020 at 9:08 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Nice thread Seb.

One thing I never go for is the Loadout Drops. I'm working towards having a loadout in case I ever need one but the whole idea of Warzone that makes it good is that you go searching for loot boxes and see what guns you can find.

Weapons

If I can find a purple or gold AR, not a burst one - the Grau variants I find are the best, followed by long distance SMGs, MP5 and clearly the AUG if you can find one.

Sniper for a secondary is ideal too. Semi-God Dragunov's can be a great pick up in the early stages of the circle closing in.

Shotguns are no-no for me. Only time I think they are useful is when you immediately land in a place with many buildings and players in the same place. The map is too big to waste a slot on a shotgun.

Killstreaks

When I'm usually on it's with @Stretch616  of late and we always pick up UAVs for $4000. So useful across the entire map, no matter when you use it. After that it's enough funds for a potential revive and lately using spare cash to get armour plates.

Tactical

Heartbeat Sensor FTW. Appreciate people trying to get around it by wearing cold-blooded but many dont wear that still so works for most of the time.

Lethal

Semtex or Molotov. I like Molotovs because you can lock someone in an entrance with the fire.

Playstyle

Usually it's around the edge of the circle to drop in and then it's all about making the game as fun packed as possible. So drop in, find guns and then either find a contract that's nearby or go for near players to grab kills and the cash. We do get a couple of games where we land lucky, get great drops and circle is on us and at those times we'll find a good building and camp up but I'd rather go out there and make the game more interesting.

I can understand using weapons found on the ground or in lootcrates as I sometimes donthat myself, but the real big reason I get or go for loadout drops are the perks. Loadout drops are the only way to get them still and being off the uav’s and heartbeat sensors is a huge advantage.

22 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

I can understand using weapons found on the ground or in lootcrates as I sometimes donthat myself, but the real big reason I get or go for loadout drops are the perks. Loadout drops are the only way to get them still and being off the uav’s and heartbeat sensors is a huge advantage.

I started off with the exact layout you mentioned in your OP. But I'm looking to change it up now as I'm finding that I'm using the heartbeat sensor and thermal scope as a crutch rather than assistance. I think I'd do better to just keep the play style consistent and just get some helpful perks and a solid AR. 

I've never been a fan of the RPG but maybe that's something I should look to change. Could be a real help come end game

I've been levelling up the Renetti like crazy the last couple of days and now with double xp and double weapon xp this thing is skyrocketing through the levels. I've now ulocked the burst mod and I'm not far away from having it akimbo. If you have a fast trigger finger, give this gun a go! I can outgun any AR user between 0-20 meters if I can land my shots with it, I've also got some very nasty 180 kills where I get shot in the back and manage to turn around and waste the guy just in time to survive. These things are so effing OP and just perfect as a secondary for an AR if you don't enjoy using launchers. After I unlocked the burst mod for it, it just got even better. I imagine this thing is a LOT easier to level up in multiplayer and playing hardcore, but if you don't have the full game, drop into some plunder matches and go for the different contracts. Each one you complete gives you 500 weapon xp, just don't forget to have you pistol out! That 500 weapon xp only counts towards the weapon currently in your hands!

I've got some great clips with this thing as well that I need to upload that will definetly prove my point 😄 

Figured I'd post my most used loadout on here as well as my thoughts on it.

Cold-blooded, ghost and tune up as perks to be invisible to radar, thermal scopes and heartbeat censors and tune up for the faster revives.

Semtex and gas grenades is just preference.

Now the guns... I dunno how the Kilo compares to the Grau and M4 as I haven't been bothered to check, but this thing is accurate as hell and I seem to win 80% of my gunsfights with it. There's two things that makes it stand out above other AR's for me. It's accuracy over range which in my opinion can battle the FAL and the fact tht you can put a 100 round mag on it. Rather than running an LMG to get that kind of ammo capacity, run the Kilo, you will run faster with this than an LMG and the reload time? Hah! I barely notice any difference between the Kilo's 60 round mag and the 100 round mag.

Now the crown jewel. The Renetti Akimbo. Close quarters this thing will win you ANY gunfight. Just spam those two triggers as fast as you can and try to keep your aim on them as there will be some recoil 😄 These things are just so much fun and so good they will probably get nerfed at some point to be honest. I'm still conflicted if I liked it better without akimbo or not as with the one gun I could take on fights at slightly longer ranges, but akimbo nothing will stop these bad boys except if you run into someone running a shotty.

Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare®_20200421181406.jpg

Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare®_20200421181434.jpg

Call of Duty®_ Modern Warfare®_20200421181454.jpg

Good Thread! 

Its interesting to see how different people setup for this.

Personnaly I normally proritise getting a gas mask as I tend to stay right on the edge to pick people as they panic and air strikes so when I'm on a roof or crossing open land I can cause a bit of chaos where theres movment to avoid detection. 

When it comes to load outs I tend to go assault rifle and LMG so I can move quick enough when needed with quick reloads and then put down heavy fire with bigger mags if somebody needs cover etc.

Super loving this game mode at the mo! 

I look forward to entering the zone with some of you guys!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

A legendary LMG is spot on starting out but the swapping of guns can kill you later on in close quarters circles.

@ChaosGladiator  any way you can get akimbo guns from drops or crates instead of your own loadout? Haven't really seen any come to think of it.

@G_dub52 , @Stretch616  won an awesome battle with no loadout drops just after Tom @LordBaguette  said you'll barely win any games without your own loadout 😂😂

I'm also alot more silenced kegendary SMGs and ARs in the wild - and these are working wonders at picking teams off. I've gotta get used to knowing which ones are which because theres usually variant names for them all.

14 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

A legendary LMG is spot on starting out but the swapping of guns can kill you later on in close quarters circles.

@ChaosGladiator  any way you can get akimbo guns from drops or crates instead of your own loadout? Haven't really seen any come to think of it.

@G_dub52 , @Stretch616  won an awesome battle with no loadout drops just after Tom @LordBaguette  said you'll barely win any games without your own loadout 😂😂

I'm also alot more silenced kegendary SMGs and ARs in the wild - and these are working wonders at picking teams off. I've gotta get used to knowing which ones are which because theres usually variant names for them all.

Don't think you can get them from anywhere except your loadout or from someone's dead body who had them. The only gun that you get off the ground or from crates that I use is the Kilo variants and the AX-50 and HDR variants. The others either lack in terms of attachments in my opinion, or they have attchments I don't like 😄 Like the damn 3x thermal scope that's on fucking everything!

2 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Don't think you can get them from anywhere except your loadout or from someone's dead body who had them. The only gun that you get off the ground or from crates that I use is the Kilo variants and the AX-50 and HDR variants. The others either lack in terms of attachments in my opinion, or they have attchments I don't like 😄 Like the damn 3x thermal scope that's on fucking everything!

Yeah, the HDRs are pretty damn nice to pick up although they never come with a decent scope off the floor.

I'm starting to agree with @Stretch616 on the Heartbeat Sensor. I think it's an automatic pick up when you're more worried about losing rather than focusing on an attacking winning strategy.

I'm very new to the game, this is also the first BR game I've played. First outing was with some FGers after the WWII game night. That didn't go so well, I was pretty badly prepared entering this battlefield, and I didn't understand anything that was going on.

Ive recently been playing this with another mate and he's been walking me through this entire game, from explaining objectives, icons, way things work, setting up a loadout to even changing some settings / controls in the menus. Now I kind of know what I'm doing but I'm still not that great. Still fighting for my first win. 

So as a first loadout, after some unlocks I'm now sitting on a loadout of M4A1 with Tactical Surpressor and M19 as a secondary weapon.

Perks I'm running with Kill Chain, Ghost and Tune Up. I'm thinking of changing out Kill Chain for Quick Fix as I don't tend to use killstreaks.

Then topped off with a Frag and Stun. 

I don't like jumping early or near the centre. I'll usually head for an area just outside the safe zone and make my way inwards, looting and doing contracts if I have anything near by. First chance of getting the loadout, I take it.

Unless playing alongside my mate, I'm not having much luck in Trios or Quads. Solos is hard but it's a nice feeling knowing you got your own back and don't have to worry about performance alongside anyone else.

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

I'm very new to the game, this is also the first BR game I've played. First outing was with some FGers after the WWII game night. That didn't go so well, I was pretty badly prepared entering this battlefield, and I didn't understand anything that was going on.

Ive recently been playing this with another mate and he's been walking me through this entire game, from explaining objectives, icons, way things work, setting up a loadout to even changing some settings / controls in the menus. Now I kind of know what I'm doing but I'm still not that great. Still fighting for my first win. 

So as a first loadout, after some unlocks I'm now sitting on a loadout of M4A1 with Tactical Surpressor and M19 as a secondary weapon.

Perks I'm running with Kill Chain, Ghost and Tune Up. I'm thinking of changing out Kill Chain for Quick Fix as I don't tend to use killstreaks.

Then topped off with a Frag and Stun. 

I don't like jumping early or near the centre. I'll usually head for an area just outside the safe zone and make my way inwards, looting and doing contracts if I have anything near by. First chance of getting the loadout, I take it.

Unless playing alongside my mate, I'm not having much luck in Trios or Quads. Solos is hard but it's a nice feeling knowing you got your own back and don't have to worry about performance alongside anyone else.

I wouldn't run Kill Chain as it makes no effect in Warzone, you'd be better running cold blooded so you're hidden from the heartbeat sensors and thermals imo

On 6/1/2020 at 7:22 AM, Spacedeck said:

I think thats a decent loadout to start. M4 always wrecks, even if you pick up a common one in the wild. Most people like to run Ghost if you get a Loadout drop, I actually think its better to get used to the guns out in the loot crates as you end up using them most of the time.

As you're new and getting used to it I totally get the jumping on the outside of the circle far away so you get to experience a little more gametime. However, consider that if you did the complete opposite and dropped straight down when you have the chance, this will gear you up more for real life experiences with multiple teams. Who gives a shit if you die a million times, you'll find its more enjoyable and intense plus it definitely helps to get your aim in for a night of Warzone. If you somehow survive a couple of dogfights immediately, you'll soon realise you 8/10 you come out with awesome weapons from the dead guys and a shed load of cash - which you can buy more armor, UAV or a loadout if you feel more comfortable with the guns you use in standard MP.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, Dr Diamond said:

Grau and RPG secondary, EOD ghost Amped , heartbeat C4

come at me

Grau wrecks apparently but i'm gonna try the Holger next based on @ChaosGladiator 's recommendation.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think thats a decent loadout to start. M4 always wrecks, even if you pick up a common one in the wild. Most people like to run Ghost if you get a Loadout drop, I actually think its better to get used to the guns out in the loot crates as you end up using them most of the time.

As you're new and getting used to it I totally get the jumping on the outside of the circle far away so you get to experience a little more gametime. However, consider that if you did the complete opposite and dropped straight down when you have the chance, this will gear you up more for real life experiences with multiple teams. Who gives a shit if you die a million times, you'll find its more enjoyable and intense plus it definitely helps to get your aim in for a night of Warzone. If you somehow survive a couple of dogfights immediately, you'll soon realise you 8/10 you come out with awesome weapons from the dead guys and a shed load of cash - which you can buy more armor, UAV or a loadout if you feel more comfortable with the guns you use in standard MP.

Grau wrecks apparently but i'm gonna try the Holger next based on @ChaosGladiator 's recommendation.

I had the miss fortune of picking up this Holger after @G_dub52  and crack head David went down and I come back from the goulag. Not a fan 😞 

signatures small.jpg

4 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I had the miss fortune of picking up this Holger after @G_dub52  and crack head David went down and I come back from the goulag. Not a fan 😞 

User error dude 😂.

I can only apologise for bringing crack head Dave into the equation.

4 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

User error dude 😂.

I can only apologise for bringing crack head Dave into the equation.

To be honest @G_dub52  I didn't actually know what gun it was so I didn't use it how it should be used. I tried challenging up close with it, I should have back offed, mounted up and blasted some fat loads from there. Lots of recoil on it!

signatures small.jpg

9 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

To be honest @G_dub52  I didn't actually know what gun it was so I didn't use it how it should be used. I tried challenging up close with it, I should have back offed, mounted up and blasted some fat loads from there. Lots of recoil on it!

She kicks like a mofo but if you get it just right its a sweet wipeout weapon. Ill do some shipment tonight as I still need to level it up for better stability add ons in the gunsmith.

Again. Sorry for Dave 🤣

14 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

She kicks like a mofo but if you get it just right its a sweet wipeout weapon. Ill do some shipment tonight as I still need to level it up for better stability add ons in the gunsmith.

Again. Sorry for Dave 🤣

I've unlocked all the attachments for it and it's not a bad weapon if you build it out like an assault rifle. If you grab it out of a box on landing I think it's pretty good but I'd have to play with it more to see what's what.

signatures small.jpg

The Holger you need to run as an AR. I actually win most of my close quarters fights with it as well due to the sheer damage output. I think I run it with the integral hybrid, stipled grip, sleight of hand, monolithic suppressor and merc foregrip. The one gun it can’t compete with up close is the Mp5, also can’t compete with M4 at any range as that gun is just stupidly OP 😂

7 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

The Holger you need to run as an AR. I actually win most of my close quarters fights with it as well due to the sheer damage output. I think I run it with the integral hybrid, stipled grip, sleight of hand, monolithic suppressor and merc foregrip. The one gun it can’t compete with up close is the Mp5, also can’t compete with M4 at any range as that gun is just stupidly OP 😂

I’ve been using the Kilo recently, it’s like a laser beam

signatures small.jpg

The Drawn & Quartered Legendary pick up in the wild is an absolute blast. Perhaps because its a Grau but when its paired up with a decent AR you can move in aggressively starting with your longer ranged AR or SMG and then switch to the Drawn & Quartered to obliterate the squad and closer ranges. It is well worth picking up at whatever time in the match.

Drawn-And-Quartered.jpg

On 6/14/2020 at 10:50 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

The Drawn & Quartered Legendary pick up in the wild is an absolute blast. Perhaps because its a Grau but when its paired up with a decent AR you can move in aggressively starting with your longer ranged AR or SMG and then switch to the Drawn & Quartered to obliterate the squad and closer ranges. It is well worth picking up at whatever time in the match.

Drawn-And-Quartered.jpg

I used to really like that too, but I find nowadays it seems to have much more kick than before. Maybe its the Galil I'm picking up instead and they're just named similar 😁