Entertainment during the pandemic

As many of us now find ourselves confined to our homes during this pandemic, I can't help but wonder how are you keeping yourselves entertained?

I didn't think this would hit me as hard as it has as I'm somewhat of an introvert, but it's gotten to the point where I'm so fucking bored that I keep checking the playstation store several times a day for something new to waste time on, or I check Netflix 2-3 times a day only to give up every time as any show and movie on there that interests me, I've already seen...

I bought Need for speed Heat a little over a week ago thinking "Oh, this will keep me entertained for a while". I already completed the damn story after 5 days (while also playing 2-3 other games during those 5 days) and I'm now just doing the same races over and over with a massively overtuned car to get money to buy more massively overtuned cars.

But yeah, I'm bored as hell and it's gotten to the point where at 9 o'clock in the evening I'm considering just going to bed as I've got fuck all to do 😄
Any recommendations for games, shows, movies or even books to help me kill time would be greatly appreciated!

If you have a Switch, I just picked up Diablo 3 on sale for it. That will kill a lot of time.

Maybe a strategy or builder type game. Is Skylines or Anno on PS4?

What genre of books do you like?

There's a good horror series on Netflix about a house, which is actually pretty decent, I'll see if I can remember the name.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

10 hours ago, phil bottle said:

If you have a Switch, I just picked up Diablo 3 on sale for it. That will kill a lot of time.

Maybe a strategy or builder type game. Is Skylines or Anno on PS4?

What genre of books do you like?

There's a good horror series on Netflix about a house, which is actually pretty decent, I'll see if I can remember the name.

Sadly I only have an old 3DS. Never got around to upgrading to the Switch.

I've seen some gameplay of Anno before, but not sure if it is on the Ps4, I'll have to look into that.

As for books I usually enjoy fantasy stuff. Mostly set in medieval times but I do read other things as well, I've got quite a few of Joe Abercrombies books, the whole Hungergames series, some of the GoT books, all the Harry Potter books and I've also read The Godfather. I don't buy books very often as I kinda stuggle to find ones I actually enjoy and the ones I have I've probably read all the way through 10+ times each by now 😄

Might give that Netflix show a try, but never been a fan of horror having a violently vivid imagination and living pretty isolated in the middle of the woods kind of curbs your enthusiasm for that kinda stuff 😅

At these times it's nice to have a regular MMORPG type of game that you have regular activity to log in and help you progress different stats. Things like Warframe, Destiny 2, WoW, Division 2, etc. The first 2 are free so I dont think theres any harm in trying them.

You also have MOBAs out there. Again Smite is free and worth a stab.

I know you like Survival games so maybe getting more into The Hunt too?

TV and Films wise I've just got Disney Plus so rewatching the MCU films in order. Outside of that we've moved to Sports documentaries and series which helps us remember what Sport was like one day - things like Subderland til I Die and Man City series on Amazon.

And let's not forget, theres always good old FG to get involved and help out where you can with new threads, quizzes  and ideas like you have been recently ❤️

If you’ve got Amazon prime, watch the first 3 seasons of Lucifer, then I think the next season is on Netflix. I started watching it about two weeks ago and got fully hooked on it. Also watch Good Omens, it’s based on a Terry Pratchett book, there’s only 1 season but that’s a great watch too.

Both are about heaven and hell, both things I don’t believe in but still really enjoyed them.

Have you tried baking, it won’t take up a massive amount of time but will break up your screen time.

Just finished season 2 of Sunderland til I die yesterday. I've also watched the similar show about Juventus. As for Studio Ghibli, isn't that anime stuff? @tronic44 I have already seen every season of Lucifer. Absolutely love the show and can't wait for the next season. Will look up Good Omens though!

@phil bottle sadly Anno 1800 isn't on the Ps4 yet. I checked this morning and the closest thing would be Civilisation VI. Used to play those games back when I had a not shite laptop, but dunno how they play on a console... Might see if I can find some Ps4 gameplay on the old youtube.

@GazzaGarratt not gonna lie, I don't enjoy RPG's much. The last one I played on console was Elder Scrolls online and it was kinda sucky as you HAD to go for one of the meta builds or you would just get fucked in PvE and PvP. Add that you just need to spend ages and ages to grind for decent gear... Or in some cases pull your credit card out. Just not a big fan of RPG's. I did debate on The Division 2 as I saw it was on sale with a heavily reduced price, but hearing Marc and Aaron bitch about trying to get high tier gear I just don't want to give it a go 😄 

On 4/16/2020 at 3:16 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

At these times it's nice to have a regular MMORPG type of game that you have regular activity to log in and help you progress different stats. Things like Warframe, Destiny 2, WoW, Division 2, etc. The first 2 are free so I dont think theres any harm in trying them.

Yea MMORPGs are a really good way to pass the time. There are many decent MMORPGs on PC that are free (like Albion Online and Guild Wars 2, or Warframe and Destiny 2 as you mentioned).

If you enjoy fantasy books - read the Mistborn Trilogy.  Im almost done reading it through a second time which I’ve never done before with any book(s).  Everything about the trilogy is perfection.

also The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is the first book in a trilogy and it is insanely good.  3rd book not out yet...

27 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Terry Pratchett's Discworld series are another good read...probably best described as tongue in cheek fantasy

lol some of these are so funny, anything with Death in cracks me up.

Also I found out lately that Stephen Kings horror books are all tentatively linked in a made up universe where a giant turtle is the main diety.  Make me think Terry Pratchet was taking the piss somewhat !

On 4/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, tronic44 said:

If you’ve got Amazon prime, watch the first 3 seasons of Lucifer, then I think the next season is on Netflix. I started watching it about two weeks ago and got fully hooked on it. Also watch Good Omens, it’s based on a Terry Pratchett book, there’s only 1 season but that’s a great watch too.

Both are about heaven and hell, both things I don’t believe in but still really enjoyed them.

Have you tried baking, it won’t take up a massive amount of time but will break up your screen time.

I smashed through Lucifer such a funny show. 

There's loads of quality documentaries on netflix that I've been working through while at errr work. 

Dunno how bored I'd have been without being able to go to work still

For people with sky gangs of London was brutal but pretty good.

I made the big mistake of checking out the prologue of the first book in the Mistborn trilogy.

Revolting peasant insurgency in a fantasy setting? Ffs I'm now on chapter 5.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The NBA documentary 'The Last Dance' has been a great watch so far - more episodes to be released still following the Chicago Bulls.

Wreckfest on the PS4 is an absolutely must buy too. Loads of fun, exactly what you want from the Destruction Derby of this era. Plus is much cheaper than some AAA games out now.