PC is fucked plz help

Dr Diamond

Copy and paste from what ive put on Overclockers....friend who hasnt replied is Diddums (im assuming he is working from home and/or has other stuff do deal with so hasnt been able to reply to me yet).

Trying to get this sorted ASAP as i am meant to be working from home and i need the desktop for work.

Thanks!

I will post as much information as i can, but this will probably be quite long winded.

my system:

Windows 10 - running a non-activated version as i was waiting to see if i could get a key through work etc, but never got round to sorting it.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte X-370 Gaming 3 motherboard
Vulcan T Force DDR4 2x8 GB
Palit GeForce 1060 3GB
Corsair PSU
240GB SDD (OS is on this)
2 TB HDD (for all my stuff)

OK

So a few days ago i was launching something on my PC and i got a blue screen error message (not BSOD but it was a blue screen message) something like " your system has crashed " with a sad face and QR code. This crash happened again when i restarted. I figured this could be related to my C drive having far too little space left (4gig out of 240) so i cleared it back to 30 gig free space and my PC seemed fine.

I checked windows reliability centre and performed a memory diagnostic with windows tool. nothing found and the reliability report was "Bluescreen code 1a".

I sent this information to a friend who i trust has reasonable knowledge of PCs (its his job, reason im posting is he hasnt gotten back to me and i need it sorted asap)..He suggested that this could be an intermittent RAM issue and that the longer i run my PC with RAM problems the worse it will get. He suggested reseating/resetting the RAM and trying again. So, i turned off the PC unplugged everything. I took out the RAM. They are in slots 2 and 4. slot 2 was covered in dust and there was a bit of dust build up on the GPU and CPU fan. i tried to gently blow away as much dust as i could. I am 99.9% certain i havent disloged anything or broken any other component.

This is where things get squirrely. I turned the PC back on. It loads the gigabyte BIOS screen. Then shows the windows logo and a loading circle for 3s, then the screen goes totally blank. I restarted a few times and it was the same. I left it the final time for 30m while i went to get breakfast and calm down and came back to a normal login screen. I logged into the PC. Everything seemed fine.I spent the day doing some work, had YT music on, played some AOE level games, nothing crazy. I then cancelled my Xbox subscription on my PC as well. I thought everything was fine and shut down the PC over dinner.

Here we go again.

I started the PC back up. Gigabyte BIOS screen, windows logo. Blank screen. Nothing happening. As it happens, i can hear Discord incoming call music being played through my headphones so i figure the system is actually on. So with the blank screen i hit enter and type my password. my desktop appears! Except....

- all my desktop icons are gone
- any program i launch remains in the system tray and cant be maximised
- When i hover the mouse over something in the system tray and it pops up, i can see that it is running but not maximising, eg i can open MS word and get the minimised version and see that when i type words appear but it just wont maximise anything

I have a second acquaintance who at this point suggested trying to restart with the RAM in slots 1 and 3 and also taking one out at a time to see if it is a faulty RAM unit. I did this and i had the same problem with each RAM unit and in any of the slots.

This is were things get weird again.

I have my monitor plugged into my GPU with HMDI and the displayport cables. When i changed one displayport for a different one, my desktop icons appeared again ! I thought it was fixed but no. Now:

- my computer does not have internet (tried reinstalling network drivers and it did nothing, windows troubleshoot just says "no internet"
- my audio driver doesnt work
- all my desktop icons are back and i can seemingly launch programs with no problems
- my steam account logged me out and wants to reinstall saying something like “we have detected system changes and need to reinstall to prevent cheating etc etc”

This is where I tapped out an went to bed. I started it up again just now and we are back to the “no desktop icons” problem.

SO yeah, I appreciate this is long winded, but I am at my wits end. My friend hasn’t gotten back to me yet and I really need this sorted as working from home with my laptop will be very awkward.

With my limited knowledge I would have thought that something has happened to the software when I reseated the RAM, but I am confused as to why the system worked fine all day and then this happened when I restarted it again.

I am considering CMOS reset or reinstalling windows entirely, but at this point I am pulling from online forums and I could really use some advice before I take any other steps.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Desktop pic with display port and HDMI plugged in

pOhauNAh.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 1 views.

Desktop pic with HDMI only ( this is the "desktop" that has no internet, no audio driver/capability etc)

n88K6X7h.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 1 views.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Since they put the army on the street and introduced rationing I've not been able to think straight, sorry.

[emoji847]

I genuinely can't help mate, hope someone can, as I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

If you right click on your desktop, click on display settings, then click on duplicate displays. It sounds like your computer is getting confused with what's your main screen.

If you click on a program in the task bar so it's highlighted, then hold down the windows button and use the arrow keys to try and get it back on your screen

So, when i only have one cable in DP or HDMI, it goes to the first display. but still has no internet no sound and GEforce program seems to not be detecting the card or something. i dont know if windows has updated recently but either way i cant because it wont connect to the internet

also not quite clear why its been fine having two cables plugged in, now its freaking out

i can give you a call in a sec if youre not busy

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

2 minutes ago, Dr Diamond said:

So, when i only have one cable in DP or HDMI, it goes to the first display. but still has no internet no sound and GEforce program seems to not be detecting the card or something. i dont know if windows has updated recently but either way i cant because it wont connect to the internet

also not quite clear why its been fine having two cables plugged in, now its freaking out

i can give you a call in a sec if youre not busy

Go for it dude, easier than typing all this out

same issues in safe mode. i tried reinstalling the network drivers but it still cant detect a network. as this point i am going to do a windows reset and just reinstall my programs etc

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

Ethernet. cable and router are fine and have been restarted.

Ive reinstalled the drivers from motherboard manufactuer and realtek itself and get the same error message for both.

Device manager can see the network adaptor but the system is acting like there isnt one on the motherboard. its looking like a hard reset at this point

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

And Event Viewer? Click start and start typing Event and it should pop up, anytime something goes wrong it usually creates an entry here.  Windows fully up to date? No updates to install?  In Device Manager, try uninstalling the Ethernet and restarting to see if it re-installs it.

event viewer doesnt work " event log service unavaliable verify the source is running"

windows updated more than 10 days ago but either way i cant update it now as it wont connect to the internet

ethernet drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. wont finish the install, comes up with another error. same for the audio drivers. half way through the install and another error.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

Well something doesn't sound right if it isn't loading.  What is the error messages you receive when trying to reinstall the drivers?  At the moment I'd say something has become corrupted and probably best doing a reset to freshen up the PC.

Ethernet error " realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode enabled please plug the cable" - googled the fixes for this and they dont work either

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

realtek audio driver - " Install realtek HD audio driver failure!! error code 0x000000D

At this point it doesnt seem like a coincidence that the audio and network adaptor isnt working. it seems like something has become properly corrupted and i can only think that it needs some other major reset somehow

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

yeah thats what im doing at the moment, just creating an installation media on the pen drive...i had an older one on there but it wont let you do anything other than a total wipe (with an older installation media) and i dont want it wiping my D drive as well

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

ok so i made a fresh windows installation and kept only my files and it seems to be okay again. internet fine. audio back,. just need to reinstall all my apps

thanks again for your help guys

but lastly...any recommended diagnostics to run now ?

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

52 minutes ago, Dr Diamond said:

but lastly...any recommended diagnostics to run now ?

With a new install, I wouldn't really bother.  Let Windows update, grab new GPU drivers and see how it goes, AV program and Malwarebytes with a scan. So long as the drivers are installing and you can access things like Event Viewer, should be good to go, shows whatever corruption was there has now gone.  Since a reinstall fixed it, I can't see it being hardware related, so testing RAM / HDDs health would most likely just display as healthy.

I would see how it goes and see if any other faults start to develop.

12 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Late to this one but did you try rolling back to last known good configuration? Anyhow, glad it’s resolved 

I would have done but it wouldnt let me as the last update was more than 10 days ago or something along those lines.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said: