Microsoft one drive

Dr Diamond

This thing is a piece of shit.

Does anyone have a way of deleting whats on One Drive without deleting the file from the computer as well ?

The only fix i have found is to put everything i want to keep onto a hard drive, remove it from the PC then wipe one drive.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing is a piece of shit.

Does anyone have a way of deleting whats on One Drive without deleting the file from the computer as well ?

The only fix i have found is to put everything i want to keep onto a hard drive, remove it from the PC then wipe one drive.
Can you not just save a copy on your pc?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

No, if you delete anything on one drive it deletes it from the pc or laptop the file is on.

It is incredibly annoying as it is called "drive" but is actually a syncing platform it seems.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

No, if you delete anything on one drive it deletes it from the pc or laptop the file is on.

It is incredibly annoying as it is called "drive" but is actually a syncing platform it seems.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That's a strange set up, can you not save to your desktop? I can do that, delete file from One Drive but stays on desktop. Auto save is turned off once you save it out of One Drive. At least for me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

i think i can set up a certain folder not to sync, but its very irritating having to either turn one drive off entirely or remember that the moment you transfer a file to a different location it starts uploading..eh ill play around with it and probably just turn it off entirely

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

On 3/23/2020 at 12:47 PM, phil bottle said:

That's a strange set up, can you not save to your desktop? I can do that, delete file from One Drive but stays on desktop. Auto save is turned off once you save it out of One Drive. At least for me.

I'm with you, very strange. I'd definietly resave a copy of the file in a separate location outside of One Drive and then delete the original from One Drive. That should solve it surely @Dr Diamond