Hero 32 - Echo

Stretch616

3 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I didn’t realise they’re still dropping new characters, she does look pretty insane.

Really need to find my bloody disc!

Yeah, this will probably be the last one before OW2 now. It was pretty much a given as she was in the OW2 cinematic as well.

She does look all sorts of crazy and I'm quite looking forward to playing her. Worth noting that big daddy Jeff has said that they may look to nerf her ultra very quickly depending on how it plays out. I was watching a vid and if you morph into Sombra and hit some decent shots you could potentially get 2 EMPs!! (650% increase to ultra charge whilst in morphed form) Time will tell but I'd much rather bat shit crazy stuff like this than safe characters that dont add much to the existing play styles or meta

Wowser. Yeah @Stretch616  looking at this theres a good chance she could get nerfed super quick. Looks like most characters when copied will get you at least 2 ultimates AND you can't die (just morph back into Echo).

I don't think i'll work well with her because she feels very much like a Genji, combos clearly seem the way forward with her but at 200 health and no healing ability its a high risk high reward hero if you ask me.

Also agree it could be the last hero into Overwatch 1. They must see the data on how much people play the limited time modes still so I think it will be shifting all efforts to get OW2 out before the end of the year, fingers crossed.

Shes pretty good and has really good burst damage potential with her kit. But as it's mostly projectile based, there is still that skill element to it that can make her quite boom or bust at our level.

The other part that is quite difficult to navigate is the flying/gliding element. As the X button gives you a vertical rise based on current view point when in fly mode and then converts to a glide when fly mode time has expired. If you're anything like me, I struggle to navigate the left and right analog sticks whilst holding on to the X button and also looking to still use cool downs. Mercy players will feel right at home with it but it's something I've always struggled with.

The ultimate is awesome though and you'll need a decent understanding of a lot of different heroes to get the most out of it. Under the right circumstances and correct morph there is potential to get 2 ultimate charges in the morphed state. Again, very boom or bust which is great when your aim is on point and the team is working with you. But highly frustrating when you and the team aren't.

A solid addition to the roster without actually being OP which was a large concern prior to her being released

On 5/13/2020 at 7:59 PM, LordBaguette said:

basically pharah and soldier combined

Man, if it was anyone else other than Pharah I would've tried. I suck at Pharah.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, Stretch616 said:

The other part that is quite difficult to navigate is the flying/gliding element. As the X button gives you a vertical rise based on current view point when in fly mode and then converts to a glide when fly mode time has expired. If you're anything like me, I struggle to navigate the left and right analog sticks whilst holding on to the X button and also looking to still use cool downs. Mercy players will feel right at home with it but it's something I've always struggled with.

And you back up that Pharah complication! Have you ever thought of trying a SCUF or maybe first the PS4 Back Button Controller add on cos its cheaper and a pretty solid purchase? May help with the jump issue better.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:14 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Man, if it was anyone else other than Pharah I would've tried. I suck at Pharah.

And you back up that Pharah complication! Have you ever thought of trying a SCUF or maybe first the PS4 Back Button Controller add on cos its cheaper and a pretty solid purchase? May help with the jump issue better.

Probably a bit late to be buying a SCUF for the PS4 at this point. Might keep the money to one side and get one at the same point as the PS5. I've always fancied having a pro controller but never actually wanted to shell out the cash. Maybe this time around though, especially as OW2 will probably be out around that time too

16 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

Probably a bit late to be buying a SCUF for the PS4 at this point. Might keep the money to one side and get one at the same point as the PS5. I've always fancied having a pro controller but never actually wanted to shell out the cash. Maybe this time around though, especially as OW2 will probably be out around that time too

I get that mate. The back button controller is around 25 though and seems useful. @Teenwolf25  don't you have one and does it help?

Yes I have a scuff with the 4 paddles. I love it and will never go back to a normal controller. If anyone can get hold of Kempy he has a set of back paddles I bought to add to the FGFG fund. They were limited to one per person so I bought my son a set then Kempy let me use his Game account to order another set but they got sent to his house. 

1 hour ago, Teenwolf25 said:

Yes I have a scuff with the 4 paddles. I love it and will never go back to a normal controller. If anyone can get hold of Kempy he has a set of back paddles I bought to add to the FGFG fund. They were limited to one per person so I bought my son a set then Kempy let me use his Game account to order another set but they got sent to his house. 

How do you find the paddle add on? Just not sure I want to plump for a SCUF now but I could be swayed on the extension if they work reasonably well