Stretch's self isolation fun!!

Stretch616

In order to keep me sane and also to just keep a log of things generally I thought I'd do a diary of how things are in the household.

So for those that dont know, my entire family is now in self isolation for the next 2 weeks and Debbie developed symptoms on Monday that are similar to those associated with Coronavirus. So now we have the pleasure of 2 weeks in each other's pockets 🤣

We're now on day 3 of the lockdown and I thought I'd put a bit of something on here. 

So we figured something like this would be on the cards at some point so we had a reasonable contingency plan for food worked out. However, that was for a 7 day period at the time and then the instructions changed to make it a 14 day period. So first thing to do was to get an online shop sorted and the soonest delivery we could get was for the Tuesday of the following week. But we didnt account for the amount of shit that would be out of stock from the panic buying cockwombles. So we've had to get a little creative with our meal plans, but it's still been a reasonable menu this far. Cheesy bacon pasta, ministrone soup and a chicken paella.

With the kids normally at school and pre-school club we dont really think about how much they actually eat during the day. Let me tell you, it's a fuck tonne!!! All I've heard all day is how hungry they are and then when it comes to dinner they suddenly want to know how much they have to eat to get pudding!!

Working from home has been a challenge. I started a new job the week before so now I'm trying to learn the ropes whilst trying to homeschool 2 kids, deal with a 10 week old puppy and also tend to the wife! Needless to say it's a little fraught at times!!

Debbie has unfortunately gone downhill since Monday and we're not really sure whether it is or isn't the Corona given that they're not really testing anybody that's not in large distress. Although she has spent the last 3 days in bed coughing which is worrying enough for me even if she does seem to be coping at this point. You never really know how it's going to develop and it's hard not to let the mind wander a little.

My friends have been awesome and air dropping in some essentials to keep us going (including beer) which has been great. It just feels really weird to acknowledge them at the window and wave goodbye. Apparently the shops are pretty threadbare at the moment which is making me worry slightly as I cant get out and get anything on my own steam. Although I am starting to look into supporting local retailers in this time who seem to have a reasonable stock if people are sensible. So, daily milkman delivery of some eggs, milk and bread sounds spot on. Plus some veg boxes from the local fruit and veg market. All I need now is my pasta making machine and I'll be golden!!

Apologies for a lengthy update on the 1st one, should be shorter going forward.

Stay safe people 👍🏻👍🏻

Hope Debbie starts to feel better soon dude, how long has she had it for now? 7 days is meant to be the max (in most people symptomise) so hopefully she’ll start to feel a bit better soon.

Its been a nightmare trying to get food, people are fucking savages with this sort of thing. Why does somebody need 7 giant packs of pasta? All I want is pasta too, i already had a big bag of rice but that’s half done already. 

How are the kids doing being trapped inside?

Also Hows Magic getting on, settling in well? Lots of attention now haha 

Day 8:

As humanity continues to descend in to a primal state of ferocity and self-serving passive aggression, the structures once known as “supermarkets” are evolving in to huge PVP arenas where combat takes place in the form of ferocious tutting and sighing, with some clan members even resorting to the strategic placement of trollies to defend their self-claimed patch of shelving, forever in the hope that another packet of Tesco Value Lasagne will be placed in front of them by the Food Gods of Tesco, enabling them to return to their tribal village, triumphant in their quest to obtain more supplies from the PVP arena.

At the doors of these arenas, the mods are struggling to hold the crowds of undead back, receiving their orders from the game master over a walking-talking device. These mods will eventually succumb to the non-stop pleas of players to allow them to enter which will unleash the tide and the structure will complete its evolution in to a survival deathmatch arena. The mod will be overthrown and will have to enter the Safe Zone behind what was once known as a cigarette counter, only for a new mod to rise up in its place. This mod will eventually dethrone the Game Master and will assemble an army who will construct a vehicle out of trollies. This vehicle will become the new GM’s combat vehicle, propelled by the undead who have committed to a life of servitude in the hope of getting a bite of the GM’s last chicken drumstick which is strategically hung from a rope made of Andrex toilet paper.

Nobody knows where this story will end. The undead are becoming more contagious, slowly losing more and more of the mask they used to cover the fact that they were nothing more than slightly evolved primates all along. The wars will continue. The food will be eaten. The arses will be wiped. But at what cost?

This is the world we live in. Be strong out there. Resist the urge to become an undead and cherish the moments you had with those who are weak of mind and gave in, for they will never get to have a bite of the GM’s chicken drumstick no matter how hard they push that trolley.

God save us all.

banlol.png

Nice little update into the world of self isolation mate! We'll all be looking forward to your update on Day 11 when you start to get cravings for some human flesh.

If you need anything just let me know and i'll do what I can to get it there. One of the best things about this is watching people help so many others of late, it shows they're is a lot of good out there even when some things make you doubt it.

Its also been brilliant to play online with you for a lot longer than we have in ages. I'm making sure I can be around to be available so you don't go insane in your own home and I think you've helped me realise Overwatch still has some legs left in the old dog himself.

Fingers crossed Debs starts to feel better soon, health and happiness is really all that matters right now.

Day 4

Today was fecking hard. First day of trying to homeschool the kids, looking after the mrs, looking after the puppy and trying to work. Not happy to say, but I got a bit snappy at the kids and puppy. It's just a lot living in a few metres of each other and trying to do everything. I may well have to face facts that something (work) will have to give.

Had a great evening once we switched off from school/work. The local pub delivered me a few pints, @GazzaGarratt delivered me a few essentials as well and all was good.

Debs unfortunately went downhill a bit more tonight though and resigned herself back to the bedroom and has been coughing up until I write this and her temperature seems to have increased. We're hoping it's nothing but you cant help but worry.

Hearing the news today of petty much all service based establishments having to close has really hit me hard. This shit is very, very real now. It's very much a stark reality of how we're going to live our day to day lives for the next few months. I just hope people see sense and stop the panic buying. I'm seeing all too often posts on facebook of nurses who cant get food and new mothers who cant get nappies or formula. It's just wrong on all levels.

Once i can get out of these 4 walls, I'm going to make it a personal mission to make sure these people doing a proper service to those who need it have access to what they need. I'm just worried that in 9 days time it just might be too late.

Appreciate the games and laughs tonight on the PS4. Was thoroughly needed. And we'll all need a few more of those to get us through this period.

Till tomorrow!!

14 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Pretty sure it's his/her fault we're in this mess.

6 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Pretty sure humanity looking in a mirror might be nearer the truth 

Can we just agree to disagree here and just accept we're all in this together 👍🏻

A long road ahead of us..............

9 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

Can we just agree to disagree here and just accept we're all in this together 👍🏻

A long road ahead of us..............

We certainly can

15 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Pretty sure humanity looking in a mirror might be nearer the truth 

Completely agree with this as well, maybe now we'll start looking after the planet and ourselves a bit more. We've already seen pollution decrease in a number of areas because of this.

5211.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

With the cruise ships gone and the souvenir stalls closed, the coronavirus lockdown has transformed La Serenissima’s waterways

Think mother nature is trying to tell us something.

Sorry to hear all the bad times with lockdown, a sick wife, kids and puppy wanting attention, work etc.

Sounds like a battle from day to day.

Diddums post was top drawer, loved every word and detail he added.

I personally have seen the carnage first hand, I mentioned I work in retail.

I actually work for Tesco. I watch the undead buy all the supplies. By the time I'm done, nothing left.

Selfish bastards who hit multiple shops, also filling a trolley then sending in another family member straight after.

Switching between different checkout operators, self service, kiosk. And then have online orders arriving later.

I see it everyday, people are getting better at controlling the greed. But alas there is still Arseholes about, either stockpiling or abusing shop staff verbally.

Our deputy manager actually called a customer "A fucking Arsehole, get out of the shop" lifetime ban the lot.

Many people are warned, told to calm down etc. Let them vent a bit. If they continue to be cunts, then they will leave with nothing and told to not darken this door again.

Staff confiscate excess goods on limits, staff really are doing their best to monitor and control the situation.

I give the buying power another week, people's cards must be maxed by now. How do people have the money?

It can't last forever this hoarding.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:54 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Sorry to hear all the bad times with lockdown, a sick wife, kids and puppy wanting attention, work etc.

Sounds like a battle from day to day.

Diddums post was top drawer, loved every word and detail he added.

I personally have seen the carnage first hand, I mentioned I work in retail.

I actually work for Tesco. I watch the undead buy all the supplies. By the time I'm done, nothing left.

Selfish bastards who hit multiple shops, also filling a trolley then sending in another family member straight after.

Switching between different checkout operators, self service, kiosk. And then have online orders arriving later.

I see it everyday, people are getting better at controlling the greed. But alas there is still Arseholes about, either stockpiling or abusing shop staff verbally.

Our deputy manager actually called a customer "A fucking Arsehole, get out of the shop" lifetime ban the lot.

Many people are warned, told to calm down etc. Let them vent a bit. If they continue to be cunts, then they will leave with nothing and told to not darken this door again.

Staff confiscate excess goods on limits, staff really are doing their best to monitor and control the situation.

I give the buying power another week, people's cards must be maxed by now. How do people have the money?

It can't last forever this hoarding.

It's crazy, i don't understand what goes through peoples minds. Where are they going to keep all this food as well? You guys are on the front line as well and the abuse you suffer is inexcusable. This is once again showing how poor we can be as humans,  the fact people are still going to pubs etc make me sick. I saw a family in one yesterday, had a little kid running around. Buy some drinks and drink at home, why do you need to go to the fucking pub? How selish can you be?

I don't want these cunts to over shadow how amazing a lot of people have been.

Day fucking whatever, don't care. 

Shit day!!

So same shenanigans as usual but Debbie had what I can only describe as an episode around lunchtime. She was struggling to find the breath to talk, heart rate jumped up to around 130bpm and was just totally not with it. Called 111 and after a 2hr wait, they advised us that we needed further consultation. After another 2hr wait we were told that we needed to be at A&E within the hr. I was given special dispensation to break isolation protocol and drive us to the hospital on the proviso that we only dropped Debbie off and didnt leave the car.

So this all sounded very slick, professional and by the books. But when Debbie arrived there it just wasnt the case and they weren't even expecting her and they thought she should have actually gone to A&E rather than the Coronavirus ward. After 5 mins of me dropping her off and going home she phoned me to say that it was all wrong and she needed to go home. Another 5 mins later they decided that they were going to swab her and another 5 mins later she was free to go. We won't know the results for another 3-5 days but all I care about is that she's home and not stuck away from me and the kids.

If the past week is anything to go by, the next few days are still going to be hard but I feel like the hardest part is now over. It's now a question of getting used to what we've got in front of us for at least the next 3 weeks

Keep safe all, and please dont be tempted to  break the threshold on this. Seeing what it's done to my mrs and her not be at the harsh end of the spectrum is horrifying. This is a long term change of mentality and it's not something we have to like but it is something we have to do.