PlayStation 5 VS Xbox Series X Specs

BO7H B4RRELS

Which console are you more likely to purchase  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd stick with the PS, purely because of the games. I also like the look of the console more, the xbox looks a bit boring. It also looks like it could overheat one day, not entirely convinced about that case.

In all honestly people should scrap getting either and save for a PC.

Xbox Series X specs look very impressive but PS5 will likely have the games and that's what matters. I will likely be able to access the entire Xbox catalogue on PC anyway.

The Xbox One X didn't exactly strengthen the caliber of games available or encourage devs to maximise the hardware there and whilst it will be different right off the bat here, it just goes to show that if you don't have the games available then it wont matter how powerful the console itself is.

Fair play to Phil Spencer for turning around the Xbox brand after the total shitshow that was the original Xbox One but I fear they don't have enough in-house studios or acquisitions to make the Series X a worthwhile purchase. They can only milk Minecraft so much - we've had 'next gen' then '4K' and now we have 'ray tracing' but there has to be something concrete other than that and Gears of War 5 with the old Raymond Tracing. 

One thing for sure though, I will not be buying a console at launch this time around. 

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

The most compelling argument was...”it depends where your friends are “

This.  Exactly what decided my PS4/XB1 decision.

Though as MS have started making more xbox games available on PC.  I’m leaning towards PS5 and pick up any headline xbox games on pc.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Price will figure a lot in any consideration for me but it'll be year before I would consider getting one. Consoles now have contemporary PC hardware but I wonder about cooling when playing games at 4k 60fps in such space restricted boxes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Price will figure a lot in any consideration for me but it'll be year before I would consider getting one. Consoles now have contemporary PC hardware but I wonder about cooling when playing games at 4k 60fps in such space restricted boxes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The PS5 looks more ventilated, than the Box....it's literally a box

Probably ps5 for me because I've had every sony console. I've always thought about also going down the pc route but more often than not it simply comes down to how much use would I actually get out of it for the cost.

Anyway watched this before I came to work 

I go where FG goes. Its always down to where your friends are. I'm PS4 and PC now, even though I have an Xbox One I really can't remember the last time i turned it on. What gives Playstation the edge outside of those things will always then be the exclusives. They have been king in that category for sometime now and i don't see that changing.

The question is now whether I'll get it at launch or not. This just depends on funds and ultimately what games are available at launch. I'm not hearing really any games as of yet that are focused on next gen launch so lets wait and see. I also expect the consoles could be launched next year if any delays are made due to the Coronavirus. I've not hyped by next gen and that ain't because i'm getting older.

I'll be picking up a PS5 first but certainly not for a while after launch. 

XBSX is the more powerful console on paper. But I've read a few articles that say the data transfer rate on the PS5 could be a game changer because of how much faster it is than the XBSX. 

fart.gif

On 4/28/2020 at 2:30 PM, MrBiron said:

I'll be picking up a PS5 first but certainly not for a while after launch. 

XBSX is the more powerful console on paper. But I've read a few articles that say the data transfer rate on the PS5 could be a game changer because of how much faster it is than the XBSX. 

Do you think Microsoft have missed the boat here by just going for 'bigger numbers'? I feel they need to really promote more benefits than just rocking behing a more powerful console because they clearly are second in the race to be the biggest console player.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:02 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Do you think Microsoft have missed the boat here by just going for 'bigger numbers'? 

I'm not sure on that one. To counter my point about the data transfer rate, I've also read articles saying that the XBSX is just much more powerful which could give MS an advantage.

So, who knows? Seems to me that they both basically have the same components in them. So multi platform games will probably look near enough identical. Then it will be down to exclusives to show what each console can do.

Like most people, I prefer Sony first party games. They just have a much better team of developers. But then MS did buy a load of development studios recently so they may surprise us.

Could be interesting seeing what those games will be. Multi platform so we'll get to see what's coming for next gen.

fart.gif

On 4/30/2020 at 8:02 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Do you think Microsoft have missed the boat here by just going for 'bigger numbers'? I feel they need to really promote more benefits than just rocking behing a more powerful console because they clearly are second in the race to be the biggest console player.

That's what Microsoft did this gen - they had an overkill console in the XB1X yet very little in the way of games overall and probably only one in total that really made use of the tech available, that being Forza Horizon 4. The Series X is overkill once again but if they can get 100+ frames at 4k on games and can deliver groundbreaking first party games on par with the ambitious Flight Simulator then it'll be a worthwhile consideration. I still don't think they have enough studios on board or ones that have the ability to produce major titles like what Sony has though. 

It'll still be PS5 for me, although i won't get one till a while after launch.

I would suggest everyone just getting a PC tbh but that'll all come down to how much the console costs. If it's £500, then i'd save money and we all get PCs.