I’ve been playing the hell out of this recently.  It’s a very gory, 2d metroidvania/souls style game that has a very cool art style.  The game plays really well and the story has been interesting.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Jeez, thats gruesome 2d...awesome! 😎 I absolutely love the graphics on that trailer. How many levels does it have? Is the indie game quite expensive at all?

Nice find @Riff Machine

No levels.  It’s a metroidvania.  It was on sale on PS4 and switch for around $20. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

18 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

No levels.  It’s a metroidvania.  It was on sale on PS4 and switch for around $20. 

Switch? Okay, i like the idea of that for the Switch. Is it super hard though...thinking my lad would love the idea of the gore!

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Saw this in the Steam Sale for about £12 and was tempted but there's just so many of these games out now. Blasphemous does seem to stand out though so I may look to pick it up sometime. 

What others would compare to this James? I don't find many indie games jump out at me tbh. Not like this anyway.

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Switch? Okay, i like the idea of that for the Switch. Is it super hard though...thinking my lad would love the idea of the gore!

What others would compare to this James? I don't find many indie games jump out at me tbh. Not like this anyway.

Off the top of my head there's the likes of Dead Cells, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Hollow Night, Salt and Sanctuary, The Messenger, Noita, Axiom Verge, Iconoclasts and probably a few other glaring ones I've forgotten. Some really highly rated games in this genre for sure!

This one also looks good

header.jpg?t=1584549392
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Battle through the longest night as Leila, the last member of The Vigil. Uncover the truth behind the eternal darkness, Leila's mysterious...

Currently a demo available for the next 3 days in the Steam Game Festival event. Definitely worth a try I'd say!