Free to Play - Cross Platform - Battle Royal

BO7H B4RRELS

I'm probably not going to bother with it. I've watched quite a few gameplay videos and there is nothing that truly stands out. The map looks massive but rather mediocre and I didn't enjoy any of it when playing Spec Ops. Blackout looks way better. IW who couldn't even handle the base game now have to support both this and the multiplayer portion so parts of the product is going to be neglected and I fear the MP is going to be shunned heavily in return for BR money.  

58 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm probably not going to bother with it. I've watched quite a few gameplay videos and there is nothing that truly stands out. The map looks massive but rather mediocre and I didn't enjoy any of it when playing Spec Ops. Blackout looks way better. IW who couldn't even handle the base game now have to support both this and the multiplayer portion so parts of the product is going to be neglected and I fear the MP is going to be shunned heavily in return for BR money.  

Yeah this ^^ 

I couldn't give a shit about BR type game modes. I'm a multiplayer man, always have been.

The expression "Too much toast, not enough butter" 

It's bad enough it was another 15gb update. But I'm not interested, I should have the option of not having it.

Oh I heard they added a new shotgun to MP, saw a video of a  youtuber using it. VLK Rogue.

I don't know if it's just an Origin blueprint variant or an actual new gun.

You know how YouTubers like to clickbait with "New" "Wow" "OP" etc.

19 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm not a big Battle Royal fan either; however, the "Plunder" gamemode was really fun last night. Give it a look. It's not BR. It's different.

Via the FG App

I'm with Tommy here. I love FPS games but I really struggle with BR versions. However plunder is a bit different as it's a respawn game based around collecting and depositing cash. I only had chance for 1 game yesterday really quickly but I enjoyed it for a total change of pace.

I'd suggest it's worth a look if normal BR games aren't your bag

Its a variation of Battle Royale, which for me should be a reason for people that don't like BR to at least try it. I've heard good things, its a super huge map, and something different as there is 4 ways to respawn back into the game if you get killed. @TigerBurge  mentioned to me that the Plunder mode seemed decent so I'm definitely up for giving it a go.

Also, its seems 3v3 is the new 4v4 now they've adopted this number after others have had this for some time. Whilst i'd love the game mode to have another option to play in a 6 man team, I think 3 players helps the game mode have more random chance things to happen.

After struggling to even get this update actually installed (think it ended up taking about 6 attempts) I finally got it sorted. 

im not a big battle royale person despite liking the concept, and I really disliked playing the BO4 version solo but this I’m really enjoying. 

2nd game in playing solo winner winner chicken dinner!! 😄 slapped two 3 man teams to secure the win 

44AB9880-9B83-49DF-AE20-3DB11995B9C1.jpeg

APmVvKG.gif

Tried it for the first time last night - in Plunder mode rather than the normal Warzone option. The way that it mixes the basics of MP into a huge map and searching for cash was really fun and although I did quite a bit initially, the fact you can respawn in and keep going is a massive incentive for this mode.

I LOVE the contracts you can pick up. I feel like i'm playing an open world PvP game with side missions as I go around searching for loot and players to shoot.

Not sure if the normal mode will give me the same replayability like this one due to the respawns but i'm willing to give it a go now after having a fun positive night on it. We extracted nearly 200k once with @Stretch616 , although not sure if Deadums (@Diddums) next Saturday night drinking episode would've helped him think positive of this.

Well, not a whole lot of positivity in here, but let's try and change that!

I love this game/game mode? Not sure what to call it as it's kind of separated from the base game?

But yeah, I love it, by far my favourite BR out of the bunch. Bit of a learning curve to it, but that's to be expected. Anyways, here's my opinion on a couple things:

- Contracts. Holy fuck these things are great, need money for a killstreak? Maybe buy back a dead teammate or just get some armour plates? Pick up a contract! I usually avoid the bounty ones and go for the scavenger/flag capture points for some easy cash and items.

- Respawn mechanics. Oh you died? Welcome to the Gulag comrade, fight for your right to go back or lose and have your team buy you back provided they can scrape together the 4500$ needed.

- The map. Yes, it's effing massive. But there's 150 people (ish) in every game. I think over the course of a full evening of this you'll likely have an enemy team dropping in with you no matter where you pick in almost every game so there's not really many dull moments, the insane changes from landing downtown and having skyscrapers around you to suddenly finding yourself in the countryside or in the snowy mountains as the circle moves is also awesome.

- Custom loadouts. Fuck looting for weapons, get the first and best rifle or what ever off the ground and start looking for money. Once you or your team have collectively amassed 6000$, find a shop and buy an airdrop with your custom loadouts. Running an overkill class with a sniper and AR or SMG is so incredibly overpowered it's not even funny. Not to mention rather than having some random weapon with attachments you aren't used to on them, you can have what you use every damn day. Getting this early on has been a huge contributor to me getting more kills and definetly has helped me get some wins.

Now, for the few things that actually piss me off.

- Camping. Every goddamn rooftop, every window, every fucking mountain has a team on/in it sniping. And it only gets worse the smaller the circle gets. The only counters that I know of so far is getting into the zone early on before the gas forces you, or having a UAV and using it before approaching an area with a lot of buildings where you suspect there might be players. Putting a heartbeat sensor as your tactical in your custom loadout or picking one up off the ground can also help provided the guys camping aren't running cold blooded... Oh and to quote one of my favourite FG'ers over the years @kylebees "HE'S SITTING IN A FUCKING CORNER!!" 😄 

- The gas mask. FUCK this FUCKING hellish useless lump of FUCKING bullshittery. Sure, protects you against the gas, but it will kill you in other ways. Twice I've finished 2nd because of the gas mask in situations where I had every advantage, but the mask fucked me over. How you ask? Because when your character pulls it on or off you become a useless fucking potato that can't function. You can't effing aim at all, which is fair, yeah I guess using one hand to pull the mask on or off will hinder you a liiiittle bit, but they need to redesign it to where you don't FUCKING start pulling it back off if you are already shooting as you come out of the storm. The other thing that got me killed was being on top of a building, I had the high ground, pulled mask on, jumped off building to get away from gas and just before I can hit the "X" buttom to pull my parachute.... My character pulls the mask off and I faceplant the fucking ground.

But there we go. My opinion on this after spending a LOT of hours on this over the weekend.

Personally I love this game mode. I usually love BR games. I LOVE the respawning options they added to the game. I actually love the gas mask and haven't had the issues that others have had thankfully. I'm STOKED that they didn't put the effing tanks in it. I love it more than Black Out, personally hated it. I'm just happy its free!!!!!!

Via the FG App

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

19 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Well, not a whole lot of positivity in here, but let's try and change that!

I actually thought there was more positive here of late, but your post certainly tips the scales that way! Great post Seb, like your tips alot. I really don't care for loadouts, there is so much good loot around its insane.

Looking forward to multiple parties of 3 of this for a while then.