Final Fantasy 7 Remake Demo on PS4!

Played through the demo and was really impressed with the visuals and characters. They have done a great job with the cast and writing. Gameplay was ok but nothing special - practically the same combat as FF15 with more linear environments. I would've preferred an updated turn-based battle system instead. Framerate also feels ghastly. 

Not sure if I'll get this anytime soon especially with the other big games out in this period but I think it's about as good as it could be.  

I have played and completed the demo, actual CHILLS. The graphics are unbelievable, the depth of character form people like Jesse, Biggs and Wedge is fantastic (this was one of my gripes about the original, I didn't really care when they died fighting under the plate). The battle system is different but certainly more exciting - it didn't take me long to work it out at all. I love how they've changed some of the dialog to start fleshing out Cloud from the start, not a massive fan of Barrett's 'Mr T' voice but he's a little less 'gangsta rapper' than he was in advent children.

The camera situation was weird but after messing with the settings I fixed it so it would follow me rather than me having to readjust. 

My only criticism? I have to wait another 4 weeks for the full game. 

signatures small.jpg

I have played and completed the demo, actual CHILLS. The graphics are unbelievable, the depth of character form people like Jesse, Biggs and Wedge is fantastic (this was one of my gripes about the original, I didn't really care when they died fighting under the plate). The battle system is different but certainly more exciting - it didn't take me long to work it out at all. I love how they've changed some of the dialog to start fleshing out Cloud from the start, not a massive fan of Barrett's 'Mr T' voice but he's a little less 'gangsta rapper' than he was in advent children.

The camera situation was weird but after messing with the settings I fixed it so it would follow me rather than me having to readjust. 

My only criticism? I have to wait another 4 weeks for the full game. 
I had a quick blast on the demo last night. I had no interest in buying the game but always like to check to see...and I'm very glad I did. I may actually pick it up, as it was a lot of fun and great combat too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've played ten minutes of it - and it's way WAY better than I thought it would be.

Was really worried about the mechanics in the main. Going from old ATB which I was just used to, to a hybrid real-time that can interact with ATB has been executed pretty damn well I think. I struggled a little bit to notice when the ATB meter is full but I think when you are in a party of 3 then the ATB will be filling up quite regularly.

Looks - Insane. I mean they have really thought about how to remake and upgrade a fantastic treasure into something that has nostalgia but more so leaves you with a wanting/needing to carry on playing and exploring every bit of detail they've re-imagined. I agree with @Middle Class Caveman , the camera could do with a tweek maybe, yet I will try it with the camera as it was designed as it brings in areas of the map that you usually wouldn't see.

Apparently has over 50+ hours in this episode alone. They better be already making the rest of it already because seeing outside Midgar would be a sight for sore eyes if this is what they've done to the first location of FF7.

P.S. No one does cinematics better than Final Fantasy. Gloriously made.