All New FG Bedrock server!

Misneach_

Good afternoon/ evening,

I have started a new Bedrock Minecraft server for us hosted by G-Portal. At current we have 10 slots, this is subject to change based on the interest we generate. Being a Bedrock server means that it is playable cross platform, get on your pc, ps4, Xbox whatever and come join us.

All are welcome and if we need additional slots please do not hesitate to reach out.

9FB67170-A7FE-467C-9433-3B2CB0F36FA4.png

I'm a bit confused about this whole bedrock thing. I've bought Minecraft on so many platforms now. I think I'm entitled to a Windows 10 version for free through my Java version. Alex had PS4, pocket edition, xbox360.

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

I'm a bit confused about this whole bedrock thing. I've bought Minecraft on so many platforms now. I think I'm entitled to a Windows 10 version for free through my Java version. Alex had PS4, pocket edition, xbox360.

Via the FG App

tl;dr - There’s 2 versions now - Minecraft: Java Edition (pc only) and Minecraft (pc and everything else and allows crossplay).

There’s only 2 versions really - Java and Bedrock.  Java edition (now officially called Minecraft Java Edition) was the original pc release and can still be played on pc and only with pc players.

Bedrock edition was the version used on consoles and phones but each had their own version.  So Minecraft playstation edition, xbox edition, win10 edition etc.  All versions of bedrock edition received the better together update and is now known simply as just “Minecraft”.  The better together update unified all the versions and allows cross play across all platforms.

There’s some criteria but generally yes, if you owned the older versions you should be able to log in to the new version too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

11 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Doesn't look like Crossplay is working on MC yet. I created a MS account but couldn't get past this...

Via the FG App

Crossplay is enabled but;

1 - They only rolled out the better together update on PS4 in December (I think) and so its waiting another update for serevers and realms to be added

2 - On other consoles, and so presumed playstation too, you can only connect to realms.  As they do not let you connect to external servers like the one Matry posted for secutiry reasons.

So for now we're stuck with it being PC only unless we get a realm but then that still excludes ps4 for now.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png