Game suggestions!

Diddums

I generally agree with your post Lee, though your first point is a little catch 22.  People are only going to arrange events and stuff for games they want to play but there isn’t any big game at the moment so we’re a little fractured.  If we find our destiny 1 then I’m sure more events will be created.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm waiting to see what Overwatch 2 is. But if everyone made effort I'd be back on it in a heartbeat.

I’ll be on that instantly soon as it’s out and will sink lots of time into it, hope everyone else does

cba

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

I generally agree with your post Lee, though your first point is a little catch 22.  People are only going to arrange events and stuff for games they want to play but there isn’t any big game at the moment so we’re a little fractured.  If we find our destiny 1 then I’m sure more events will be created.

Very true. My point was to say if we want to game up more and get ourselves together its asking people to chip in more so. It can often feel like a lonely place trying to organise alot of activities. For any game its healthy to have multiple people helping sort out game nights and stuff to do.

Ill still do my usual, you know me, but heres hoping people will feel like they can step up and help get behind the cause with more action 👍

18 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

@Greboth

I didn't know we could play cross platform PC/PS4.

I vote Minecraft.

Via the FG App

Omitted this too. If crossplay, we should support based on responses.

10 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

@Greboth

I didn't know we could play cross platform PC/PS4.

I vote Minecraft.

Via the FG App

I don’t know about mobile devices, though they’re on the same version as far as I know so maybe.  But ps4, xbox1, switch and pc* can all play together.

*pc has to be Minecraft Bedrock edition ( officially just called Minecraft). Minecraft Java edition that most pc people are used to is pc only.

I’ll do some more reading on a server and what can or can’t be done.

13 hours ago, Greboth said:

People are only going to arrange events and stuff for games they want to play 

Plus getting people to play something else is difficult as I found out when I tried to arrange a Siege night. It lasted a whole week and then everybody went back to whatever they were playing before. Even though everybody said it was good fun 🙄

fart.gif

I’m 99% certain consoles can’t connect to an external bedrock server.  I think consoles can only connect to realms rented through Minecraft directly due to security issues.  As you’ve set up the server we might as well try it but just posting as we may need to switch to a realm if we want everyone together.

24 minutes ago, Misneach_ said:

With the bedrock server we should all have access

This would suggest otherwise

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Bedrock_Dedicated_Server

“Bedrock Dedicated Server allows users to connect except from the Nintendo Switch. Xbox One users can only connect through a LAN connection.”

It doesn’t mention ps4 which is the problem I was having as there seems to be little info about ps4 bedrock.  As I said happy to give it a go but just raising it might not work for everyone as some people are only playing on console.

Edit:  Actually, just reading about it the wiki says ps4 has neither servers or realms yet.  Though they will be added in a future update.

8 hours ago, AtomicGhost said:

Gwent for strategic games lovers - it has witcher lore too

Actually  just put this on my phone a few days ago, free to play and a very good strategic game. Never been into card games but when I tried the Witcher out I ended up playing gwent more than being the Witcher. So handy to have on the phone as a quick 10 min time killer but also very deep strategy