Game suggestions!

Diddums

We need a game. There've been murmurs and whispers amongst the gamersphere that people are bored / uninterested in whatever's on the market nowadays. We've got the survival crew, @Nutcuttlit, @ChaosGladiator, @LordBaguette, @Misneach_, @J&B, @fg_cal and whoever else, who enjoy the survival games, I'm talking Ark, Conan, etc. 

Then there are the FPS players, @Plumbers Crack, @Plumbrodders, @Middle Class Caveman, @Greboth myself, Maz, Gary, Clive, and all the others. 

Then there are the PC master race which currently consists of @phil bottle, @Greboth, @phil bottle, @GazzaGarratt, @tronic44, myself and whoever else we can rope in to our band of merry men. 

There are of course the outliers, like @crispymorgan who has decided that hoes go before bros (I jest, bout time he found happiness), @TigerBurge who lacks the determination to hang with the cool kids, etc. @techno is in the middle of a BO4 resurgence because he lacks the testicular fortitude to purchase MW. 

Now what I'm about to say kills my soul because I know how happy it's going to make Dad / Leigh, but what do all these people, these gamers of various generations, various platforms, various interests have in common? 

Destiny. Destiny was the game that brought us all together as much as it kills me to admit because I'm so Anti-Destiny at the moment that it kills my soul to play it, but we can't deny that the game dragged all our sorry arses online to get shit done. 

We need another Destiny. We need another game which:

• Is on a platform playable to all, which in our case will be PS4.
  • We all enjoy.
  • We can hop on and play whether it be for 10 mins or 8 hours.

Destiny 1 fulfilled all of these. Destiny 2 has moments of passing interest and not matter how much certain folks *cough* Leigh *cough* triy to cling on to the memories that D1 created for all of us, the simple fact is that Destiny 2 is not even in the same ballpark. I could go in to the reasoning for it, but that's a thread for another day. 

So folks. Let's find our game.

To start off with, we're all on PS4, so that's a good starting point. I'm not saying quit on PC obviously, but PS4 is the route of least resistance.

I want you all to list the games you enjoy, the games you don't enjoy (these can be whole genres too), and we're going to slowly eliminate games that we don't enjoy as a group. 

For funding, I don't want people to worry, we can work shit out, that's what we do. 

Criteria for a game:

• Must be multiplayer in teams of min 4.
  • The cheaper the better, but like I said I don't want people to feel alienated / left out because of a few pences. 

So get cracking you lazy fucks, find us a game. 

Much love,

Your favourite bastardcunt ❤️

banlol.png

I love the COD franchise - I’d be happy to go back to Blackout in BO4 because you can do quads etc and private matches.

I’m currently Waiting for the final fantasy 7 remake to come out so that’s my big game this year.

I’m happy to play anything that others are, however - I don’t want to have to buy many games because people keep switching. I know you all think I’m rich but I love on a tight budget to facilitate that rouse so if we ALL commit to one game I will too

signatures small.jpg

Games like super meat boy and towerfall ascension are good quick multiplayer games but probably haven't got the longevity for us all.

I know the PC version is the best but a world on PS4 minecraft could be solid, we could build a city maybe?

I'll think on this more as I'm working but they're just little suggestions 

Can I be the first to say, my current favorite multiplayer game is “Your mum”

meets all the criteria, can be played single or multiplayer and is cheap and a better go than it first looks. 😊

I’ll take it seriously and revisit.

There’s a few things you missed off (racing and minecraft is also a survival game) but I accept they’re outliers too even if I think everyone should play them.

I can’t really think of a game off the top of my head the fulfills the criteria but I’ll come back to this thread once I’ve done some thinking.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Division 2 is all I can think off right now that would fit this apart from Destiny? 

Or Dayz as that isn’t player number restricted...

But for me personally, it’s the easy of pick up and play. Which the Hunt suits just fine right now. 

Where as the likes of the Division 2 and Destiny you need to keep on top of to stay competitive. 

just my quick thoughts anyway. 

Holy posts batman.

5 minutes ago, Misneach_ said:

@fg_cal I tend to enjoy a bit of the ole minecraft myself, however this means the server host must be logged on for people to join.

4 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

I’d be game for this as it’s low stress but huge teams etc?

3 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Give the host to @Plumbers Crack  because he is likely to be the most flexible with time?

We already do have an MC Server but as it’s running java modded Minecraft then it isn’t open to consoles.  Everyone (pc and consoles) can play together but it needs to be the bedrock edition.  Unfortunately though from my brief look around, our current server can’t be converted as consoles only allow certain authorised servers to be used.  Though if it is a serious consideration, I’m happy to look in to it more.

Alternatively, we could always run a modded and vanilla server side by side.    As a vanilla server isn’t that expensive so enough players would make it like £1 month each.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Why not destiny 2? I'll add some thought. Re: my current situation, time is a bit stretched these days. I'm more than happy to throw myself headlong into a game. But I bought the last flash in the pan and never played it.  If we had a destiny type game, I'd be all over that shit.

I'll have a look and get back.....

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I'm honestly hooked on the hunt. Don't have any cod games as I don't enjoy arcade shooters much. I have mentioned Friday the 13th before as you can get a pretty big party together for that.

Via the FG App

*Dad is here, quick, quick don't say shit about Destiny!!*

A few things to say on it - I'll try and keep them to a point to help the thread keep moving 🙂

- Whatever game or games that could be the constants, they must be well supported by more than one person. We need people to help galvanise groups, create events, fun activities, etc. We lack that across the board for ages and it's why people get turned off cos they have no one to play with or not a clue what to do on their own. We make any game enjoyable in a group. It needs more than one/two people to do this shit. Period.

- We will still get burnt out on games. That's why we need to be willing to play more than just 1 game, and get involved. We had some great routines of dipping between Destiny, Overwatch and CoD over the years and that works. Standard.

- Games with c.6 people in a group is the ideal. Any less, we struggle because someone misses out or I'd argue those games will always pick up the drought when everyone cant be on.

Outside of those points my thoughts dont change much from what is mentioned above.

Destiny 2 - stuff doesnt matter is largely cos it's not knowing what to do or aim for. We have to remember it now answers the content drought on why we stopped playing Destiny 1 (which is why I cant see D1 as viable cos you'll quickly realise there isn't much to do). No other game evolves weekly that us as accessible as Destiny 2 on console.

However, people need direction on what's available, (shit loads we all never did and tried) and also need to have patience on working together in raids. Also, main game is free, which is a quick way to help new people - and we will have to help them.

Division 2 - 4 player mode but with 8 player raids (2 now I believe). Quite abit to learn and configure on builds. New update gives more space to do stuff. Its Destiny in third person with more focus on tactics.

Rainbow 6 - FPS PvP is what we're all good at. This is arguably still the best on the market. Needs patience and game mode wont always suit everyone but that's why I suggest the below one too.

CoD MW - FPS PvP that you don't have to think as much as Rainbow 6. This newest one has longevity. More people like it here than not. Its adding new modes over time AND FG was created from a CoD background. We need ideas for goals and challenges though to keep it fresh.

I can't stress enough though, that we need the early points I raised being answered and multiple people to step up if we want to create something really enjoyable and fun for all.

1 minute ago, crispymorgan said:

Overwatch. This needs to happen

I'm waiting to see what Overwatch 2 is. But if everyone made effort I'd be back on it in a heartbeat.