Caroline Flack dead at 40

GazzaGarratt

It's horrible to hear anyone taking their life, especially at 40. I just wonder if anything will change in Social Media and especially the toxicity around reality TV shows like Love Island. I really worry about how many people are so mentally imbalanced when it comes to wanting/needing Celebrity/Social status is a sad state of affairs.

RIP Caroline.

Shocking news. Caroline was clearly a troubled woman - several high-profile failed relationships, under immense media scrutiny constantly and with the assault case coming up plus losing her job, it really put her in a dark place that would no doubt have a profound effect on her for years to come.  The press were virtually camped outside of her house for 3 months straight too and she was being berated left right and centre online. 

She should have been left alone but this is yet another example of the British media bulldozing their way into someones life along with the added cancer of the general public on social media.  A few will be happy they've deplatformed someone to their death and others will received a huge reality check but nothing will come of this in the long run I expect. Online harassment laws need to tighten and press standards have got to be far more strict. 

I would love to see Twitter nuked form existence - it is one of the most damaging thing every to come into society and that's why I avoid it.