The hunt on PS4

Nutcuttlit

This Tuesday coming the hunt will be hitting PS4, for those of you who already have it on PC crossplay will be coming soon. I hope to see you all if not I'll happily return you to the wellspring.

Via the FG App

Since launch they have downgraded the graphics and made combat easier but it's still a really nice and underrated game. And creepy.

Hope it comes to cross-play as no-one else has it on PC [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ok as requested on our WhatsApp, here's a little bit of a guide on what's what. This game is not a BR it's based on risk reward. You can extract at any time you don't need to seek out PvP at all although it's basically impossible not to run into enemy players. Different types NPC's give variety on how to dispatch them. In game mechanics based on NPC combat is best figured out on your own or if needed I can explain later on for those who like to know all before diving in, this game is a true gem and shouldn't in my eyes be overlooked just because it's a fresh take on horror/FPS multiplayer experience that no other game really offers at this level of immersion. If you want your heart pounding because your killing a bounty and enemy players are circling you like a gang of horny vultures staring at a pig carcass in tights, this truly is the game for you.

Via the FG App

On 2/19/2020 at 1:29 PM, Nutcuttlit said:

Ok as requested on our WhatsApp, here's a little bit of a guide on what's what. This game is not a BR it's based on risk reward. You can extract at any time you don't need to seek out PvP at all although it's basically impossible not to run into enemy players. Different types NPC's give variety on how to dispatch them. In game mechanics based on NPC combat is best figured out on your own or if needed I can explain later on for those who like to know all before diving in, this game is a true gem and shouldn't in my eyes be overlooked just because it's a fresh take on horror/FPS multiplayer experience that no other game really offers at this level of immersion. If you want your heart pounding because your killing a bounty and enemy players are circling you like a gang of horny vultures staring at a pig carcass in tights, this truly is the game for you.

Via the FG App

Sounds very much like Escape From Tarkov based on the extraction thingy. How many NPCs are available on the map to extract through?

Sounds very much like Escape From Tarkov based on the extraction thingy. How many NPCs are available on the map to extract through?
You can extract 2 bounties so far but once you get up the tiers it may increase to 3

Via the FG App

On 2/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, phil bottle said:

How do you find the game @GazzaGarratt? Think I saw you on it at some point last night!

I loved it Phil. The first bit I did though I literally jumped out of my seat. I am utter shite at horror games but I wanted to give it a go. The way the zombies charge at you scared the crap out of me. Especially when in the dark areas I didnt know to crouch under the cans that hung from the ceiling. I honestly was shouting out at the screen, @Nutcuttlit , @J&B , @MrBiron  and @ChaosGladiator  were there I think just listening to how crap and slow I was doing the tutorial mission.

Once I got into a squad, it's a slow paced game but self contained in the hour which I liked a lot. I like the fact its tactical against PvE and PvP too but not too many PvP players about (12 max in each game I believe).

One of the bosses is utterly, ridiculously, stupid hard and Biron and me got him first - The Assassin. Made me realise I wasn't 12 with super twitch skills anymore 😭.

But taking down bosses and then defending them are great.

Lots to understand on the character building thing.

And once you get to level 11 (I'm nearly there) if you get killed you lose that character - full stop. I think that's a great feature. High risk, high reward game like Nutty said before.

Couldn't get on much last week due to half term activities but will invest some nights in it moving forward. Event nights would work well with this.

Thanks to having some of the most amazing friends in the world, I now own this on PC.

Let me first state that I had zero interest in this game. I judge games a lot by the folks who play them, and Rachel, Phil, @Nutcuttlit, @J&B and a few others all have one thing in common: survival games. These games aren't my bag, I need an end, an objective, something to achieve. I thought that this was going to be just another survival game with a bit of a twist. I couldn't have been more wrong.

First off, with everything maxed out at 3440x1440, I never dip below 70fps. For a game which is this stunning, that's seriously impressive, but then let's not forget that this is the studio behind "but can it run Crysis".

I did the tutorial mission and killed the spider, but not once I'd thoroughly shat myself. Holy shit, what a mindfuck. I then hopped in a few games with @phil bottle and @tronic44 and the tension in this game is like nothing I've ever experienced before. The immersion and atmosphere is on a whole different level. The monsters are quite possibly the most fucked up things I've seen in a game since STALKER. The sound design in this game is also ridiculously good. The amount of times we were just walking around only to shit ourselves because of some fucking birds is ridiculous.

We lost every match I was in but this game is very different to anything I'm used to so it's going to take a bit of practice. It's a bit Battle Royale, a bit Escape from Tarkov and even a bit of Gambit from Destiny. The ideas and concept behind the game are superb.

I've not yet mastered the whole hunter customization thing, will need to have a go at that tonight maybe.

Oh and at one point Phil and I were approaching a building when I saw an immolator walking around on a roof. I remarked to Phil about how awesome it looks, Phil says "yeah they can also run at you like motherfuckers" and at that literal exact moment I turn around to see one of these cunts bearing down on me at a billion miles an hour only to explode in my face. That moment will forever be etched in my memory and is hopefully a sign of things to come.

TL;DR, graphics are superb, sound is superb, gameplay is superb, I think this could be a good one for a while. 

banlol.png

I'm liking the risk/reward of sneaking a bounty in the last minute or losing your entire character.

Might start a separate thread on loadouts. Be good to start understanding what works well with each other.

One thing I would say though is I only enjoy playing in a group of people I know. Co-ordination is key in the game and knowing that people here have your back and have an idea on which way to go helps way more than you realise.

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Oh you've got it on PS4 right? They need to enable crossplay sharpish dammit. 

Yep. Separately I need to work at KB&M stuff as I can't be competitive and good enough until I try on lesser chilled games abit more.

46 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yep. Separately I need to work at KB&M stuff as I can't be competitive and good enough until I try on lesser chilled games abit more.

Turn your sensitivity down to the lowest and build it up. Saying "play on sensitivity x" means nothing as there are a load more variables at play which dictate how fast your cursor moves in relation to your hand movements. Some people will say that playing on sensitivity 1 is best for them, whilst others will say "lol noob I play on 10" - what neither of these super elite CoD players realise is that there's a 50k DPI difference in their mice so they're playing on the same effective sensitivity. 

Christ one thing I learned very quickly on Sunday was that I seem to have lost all ability to aim with MKB, so I'm also starting low and building up until I'm happy with it. I can't hit the broad side of a barn at the moment. 

banlol.png

I'll check it out as it helped on Star Citizen in a ship but felt slow to turn in FPS mode. I'll keep tweaking it before games start moving forward.

Glad you’re enjoying it dude, I feel the same, we could be on it for a while. Sometimes I feel like everyone we play against is mlg but that’s probably just cuz im awful 😄 

Need to work through the levels and unlock some more guns and attachments, also really need that silenced. I feel there’s still a lot to be learnt with this game.